AFL Player #12: Will Setterfield - Out for +/- 2 weeks with a knee - 7/5

Remove this Banner Ad

3 weeks away (again again), now with on-ground running
Still 3 weeks away but he's now running, like on the ground.

Essendon midfielder Will Setterfield has reached a significant milestone in his recovery from a foot stress injury.

The first-year Don hasn’t played since round nine, enduring a steady rehabilitation regime in anticipation of a return to play in the coming weeks.

GM of Performance Daniel McPherson said after weeks of being off-track, Setterfield has recently begun running and will progressively build back into main training.

“Will’s progressing well with his rehab program and has begun on-ground running,” McPherson said.

“We’ll continue to increase his loading over the next few weeks. He’ll build into main training over the next couple of weeks ahead of a return to play, hopefully for round 19 or 20.”

3 weeks away (againx3), now with progressing

James Stewart and Will Setterfield are both progressing well from their respective foot injuries, a positive sign for both players.

Now only three weeks away.

1689320629040.jpeg

I feel like they have been saying 3 weeks for the past month. They are clearly taking the piss and not being honest.

If this was the NFL or NBA, the league would have fined the s**t out if them by now.
They said 3 weeks from the start!!

How many has it been?

Been at least 10 now. Yet he’s out playing golf weeks ago but is only now just getting back to running. Strange injury, probably had a set back for 2 they just haven’t bothered to update us with.
Golf isn't that strenuous tbh

Been at least 10 now. Yet he’s out playing golf weeks ago but is only now just getting back to running. Strange injury, probably had a set back for 2 they just haven’t bothered to update us with.
I've forgotten what the injury actually is, thought they must have amputated it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind the club's conservative approach with injuries in theory, but it's bizarre when:

A - it doesn't seem to help prevent reinjury
B - they either don't know or lie about how long they think the recovery and rehab will take

It's something I'd be interested in hearing Scott talk about in detail.

Like Shiel he hasnt played for over 2 months (Shiel has had a couple of cameos as SUB).
If he ready in 3 weeks then it will be close enough to 3 months with no AFL games so surely he comes back through the twos and maybe gets a run against GWS (second last game). He's been sorely missed

Competitive running drills at main training, tail end of rehab
In a welcome sight for Bombers fans though, midfielder Will Setterfield and key defender James Stewart were both present at Essendon’s main session on Tuesday, completing competitive running drills as they complete the tail end of their rehab programs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back