Senior 13. Blake Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

Official according to the AFL

CARLTON has agreed a deal for Fremantle wingman Blake Acres.

The Blues have parted with a future third-round pick to secure the Dockers wingman with the paperwork set to be lodged with the AFL on Tuesday afternoon

Last edited:

Welcome to CFC Blake - the wing is all yours to run up and down all day
We have a hungry forward line waiting for your i50s :D

I'm absolutely happy with this - great trading business for need!

Blake Acres profile:

Height: 189-191 (depending on where you read)
Weight: 90kg
Games: 120 (Saints 75, Freo 45)
Goals: 37
Career avgs
  • Disposals: 18.5
  • Marks: 4.2
  • Tackles: 3
  • Inside 50s: 3.1
2022 averages
  • Disposals: 21.7
  • Marks: 5.8
  • Tackles: 2.7
  • Inside 50s: 4.2

Full stats:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t want to be one of those people but I wish we had Nick Austin the year SOS tried to be too cute with the Liam Stocker trade. Austin has been killing it since coming to us.

The only thing more astonishing than this stat is the fact that you didn't invent it!

I started off convinced it was a crock... and now I feel like I need to apologise...

I had the idea I wonder how many acres* Acres averages in a match thinking it would be some random, silly number.

The answer was so much more interesting than I expected!

* And yes, I know that an acre is an area. Hence I used the perimeter of an acre...

I can honestly say I wanted us to get him when he left St Kilda for Freo as part of the Brad Hill trade.

We have got a very good track record with moneyball recruits under Austin, and I expect Acres to hopefully replicate the heroics of Hewett and Young last year.

Very happy about this move.

Welcome Blake !!

BTW am I the only one here who kinda hopes Bam Bam will allow him to wear Number 7 ?

DescriptiveAdmiredCanvasback-max-1mb.gif

Welcome to Carlton, Blake Acres...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back