Player Watch #18: Wil Dawson - #22 in '23 ND - 11d/8m vs CFC in VFL - T.Lynch says 'best game for the club'

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting story but not quite right cause he left Mirboo North and played at Leongatha from under 14s until draft:)
God brings back memories remember playing against the Parrots what a cold and wet ground it used to be in winter. Reminded me of Moorabbin or the lake oval in winter.

God brings back memories remember playing against the Parrots what a cold and wet ground it used to be in winter. Reminded me of Moorabbin or the lake oval in winter.
i recall it drained pretty well even with the old velodrome around it, yallourn north/george bates, there was a ground that was always a quagmire. Nyora another memorable ground as it was about 6m of fall from the school end to the speedway end.

i recall it drained pretty well even with the old velodrome around it, yallourn north/george bates, there was a ground that was always a quagmire. Nyora another memorable ground as it was about 6m of fall from the school end to the speedway end.
Yeah so true. The old Yallourn ground was probably one the best draining grounds ever before the town of Yallourn was made redundant. Vale st oval my home ground for the senior side of Moe was a cracker of a ground as well.

Yeah so true. The old Yallourn ground was probably one the best draining grounds ever before the town of Yallourn was made redundant. Vale st oval my home ground for the senior side of Moe was a cracker of a ground as well.
agree on both points, there was an old pic of a boat on the old yallourn township oval a week before they played the GF on it. thats pretty impressive drainage. played have a dozen games on the vale st oval and was generally a lovely surface and a nice big ground, i do recall the traralgon morwell GF there one year where it was a quagmire though, late 80/early 90s?? players after 1/4 were indistinguishable what team they played for and the final score was like 2/14 verses 1 /7.

edit, found it,
No1%20Oval%20Flooded.jpg

agree on both points, there was an old pic of a boat on the old yallourn township oval a week before they played the GF on it. thats pretty impressive drainage. played have a dozen games on the vale st oval and was generally a lovely surface and a nice big ground, i do recall the traralgon morwell GF there one year where it was a quagmire though, late 80/early 90s?? players after 1/4 were indistinguishable what team they played for and the final score was like 2/14 verses 1 /7.

edit, found it,
No1%20Oval%20Flooded.jpg
Magnificent cricket ground to play on as well. Back in the day only Morwell and Yallourn had turf wickets.

Club is so excited about this kid. Competitive animal is the way he has been described to me. Has been told on a few occasions to tone it down during training because he is attacking contests like a man possessed. Running drills he is running himself into the ground, often seen spewing during running drills. Going hard in the gym too, has already put on 3kg. Just wants to do everything at 1000%.

Because of his weight and age he is going to be a slow burn, but ones he physically matures, look out.

Club is so excited about this kid. Competitive animal is the way he has been described to me. Has been told on a few occasions to tone it down during training because he is attacking contests like a man possessed. Running drills he is running himself into the ground, often seen spewing during running drills. Going hard in the gym too, has already put on 3kg. Just wants to do everything at 1000%.

Because of his weight and age he is going to be a slow burn, but ones he physically matures, look out.
Seems completely different to Gordon Narrier.

Happy to say this is no surprise me.

All of the ingredients are there for a truly great KPP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was seriously impressive during the intraclub. Still very raw, but he has already packed on 5+kg, is over 200+cm, marked well, showed good nous at times and was aggressive when needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back