Player Watch #2: Jacob van Rooyen – re-signed until 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

When you watch us get ripped apart by a 4-game player last week it really does look insanely cautious to have been playing Melksham as a forward opposed to key tall defenders instead of giving a kid who might actually take a couple of grabs and kick goals a go.

Attack is the best form of defense assholes.

Not saying his development will go the same way but a lot of his marks and goals look like Weid’s highlights at VFL where he loses dumb defenders and out stretches them for marks.

Some good goals in amongst them though so looking promising, looks too good for VFL already, albeit in a strong side.

Not saying his development will go the same way but a lot of his marks and goals look like Weid’s highlights at VFL where he loses dumb defenders and out stretches them for marks.

Some good goals in amongst them though so looking promising, looks too good for VFL already, albeit in a strong side.
Amazed how easy it looks at VFL. The kicks he marked were from Joel Smith, Jimmy Munro and the ruckman - hardly elite kicks, but all put it to space/his advantage and moved it quickly.
Get the Casey coach in the box for a week to show campaigners how to move the footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But seriously from what I've seen of him down at Casey as a 1st year KPP I think he's got 'it'

Plays with presence, great all round footballer, can kick goals in a number of ways, smart and physically imposing is always a great combo for a key forward.

Would be interesting to see him play in a struggling team that isn't winning by loads each week, but it is what it is.

Reckon he plays games next year and competes really well too

But seriously from what I've seen of him down at Casey as a 1st year KPP I think he's got 'it'

Plays with presence, great all round footballer, can kick goals in a number of ways, smart and physically imposing is always a great combo for a key forward.

Would be interesting to see him play in a struggling team that isn't winning by loads each week, but it is what it is.

Reckon he plays games next year and competes really well too
You mean the senior team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back