Preview Changes/Preview – Round 2 vs. Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it earlier. Petty will be sub imo. Use him like Joel Smith last year.
At least Smith was mobile though. God forbid we lose a small forward early in the game, would leave us with a team that includes Gawn, May, Lever, Brown, McDonald, JVR and Petty. Way too big/immobile imo.

Feels awfully like a "we said he'd be back for round 2 so god damn we will play him in round 2!"
Look forward to Petty pulling a Spargo – missed preseason with injury, rushed back into team, out indefinitely a week later with same injury.

I know the Hawks are a different team but Pets for Woey is just bizarre. Especially since there was an obvious Tholstrup for Sparrow change right there. Sparrow must have photos.

Lever very lucky to still be there.

Goody still is playing favourites. That's why he will not be one of the greats.

Appreciate the point, and I don't want to get into a public discussion about moderating; however, I do want to make a point that moderating isn't always black and white.

There is a fine line between what is baiting and what isn't, what is a personal attack and what isn't, etc. The BF site rules are applied, but there has to be a level of nuance as to how they're applied.

I just want to reaffirm though that there is no favouritism when it comes to moderating. I've given cards to some of my favourite posters on here, while there's some that I certainly don't see eye-to-eye with who have never received a warning from me.

TL;DR: I try to be as consistent as possible without shutting down reasonable discussion.

As always, happy to chat in PMs if there are concerns about moderating or how the board is run. Just bear in mind that we've only got one full-time mod at the moment, so there will occasionally be things that get missed (or at least, get actioned slowly) if they aren't reported.

Ta.
You’re doing a great job mate - not the easiest role around here these days either!

Loving our "what is Simon Goodwin thinking?" on Thursday nights.

Let's keep a tally this year, Dees BF Board vs Goody

Round 1 : We won (Spargo shite, Billings sub 🤬)
Round 2: Goody won (TMac and Brown selections worked)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, the Melbourne Demons lost in Round 0, but the important thing is that the Melbourne BigFooty board won. :whitecheck:

So 1-1.

There's a thread in this.

"Are you Smarter than Simon Goodwin."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back