Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - '23 AA & '24 NM VC

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been our only key forward for 4 seasons, our forward structure and entries are putrid and we thought we'd throw him in the ruck just to really finish him off.

Give the bloke a break. Probably playing with a broken leg yet still our best key forward option.
simply gotta get an aerial forward in to take the focus of him,

Frustrated first time poster. During every game I find myself muttering “Larkey no Marky” over and over again. He rarely seems able to take a contested mark and yes, he is an accurate kick at goal, but it seems such an huge effort to actually get the ball in his hands so he can take a shot.

Frustrated first time poster. During every game I find myself muttering “Larkey no Marky” over and over again. He rarely seems able to take a contested mark and yes, he is an accurate kick at goal, but it seems such an huge effort to actually get the ball in his hands so he can take a shot.
During every game I find myself muttering “Larkey Malarkey” quite a bit.

He seems to mis-time his leads and appears to be easy to spoil in contested situations. Esava Ratugolea looked like David Dench yesterday the way he dominated Larkey. Unfortunately, Larkey looked like Jack Ginnivan when appealing for free kicks.

And he probably deserved one or two I admit, but he has to be harder and stronger in contested situations.

During every game I find myself muttering “Larkey Malarkey” quite a bit.

He seems to mis-time his leads and appears to be easy to spoil in contested situations. Esava Ratugolea looked like David Dench yesterday the way he dominated Larkey. Unfortunately, Larkey looked like Jack Ginnivan when appealing for free kicks.

And he probably deserved one or two I admit, but he has to be harder and stronger in contested situations.
His attitude reminds me of richo before he matured and was moved up the ground.

Has he taken a contested mark this year? Haha I swear he was zero at like game 6-7

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has he taken a contested mark this year? Haha I swear he was zero at like game 6-7
Think he took a couple yesterday or at least I believe they would have been counted.

His attitude reminds me of richo before he matured and was moved up the ground.
On the money, if we had a contested marking key forward, Nick would be playing high half forward, getting his opponents up on the wing and running them off their legs, getting back into space forward of the footy.
He’s unfortunately playing out of position, but we’ve no other option atm, so when the side is going ok, he’s great, when they’re not, he’s dog sh*t. Simples!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back