2009 TAC Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

5 as of August 15, 2008:

GC17 sign player no.5
Jack jumps aboard GC17Nick Smart

August 15th, 2008

A DAY after GC17 unveiled Guy McKenna as their development coach, promising Brisbane youngster Jack Stanley has signed on with the fledgling club.

Not to be confused with fellow GC17 recruit Jack Stanlake, Stanley has decided to commit his future to the club for the next three seasons.

While he was tempted to follow the likes of Dayne Beams in entering the draft, Stanley, 17, said he could not resist the lucrative contract offered by GC17.

"It was a tough decision," he said.

"I got offered the contract and I had to go home and think about it for a while because I was wasn't really sure what to do.

"I am sure every other boy who received a contract had a tough decision as well.

"The three years with the third year a guaranteed AFL spot (pushed me over the line).

"At all AFL clubs you get drafted for only two years so it is more time for you to prove yourself, so it is good."

The speedy defender, who grew up playing for Aspley before moving to the Zillmere Football Club last year, said there were a lot of benefits in signing for GC17.

"With the draft you are always really nervous with whether you are going to be taken or not," he said.

"But with the Gold Coast, you know you have a spot and they are there to help you. I suppose signing with a club is always the dream in your mind, but I just love playing footy so it is one of the bonuses of loving the game."

Stanley joins Jesse Haberfield, Charlie Dixon, Zac Smith and Stanlake as the first player signings for GC17.

And Stanley said that coming through the ranks with those players would be a good experience for him.

"I have played with all of them during the year," he said.

"I am a bit nervous but I am also really excited.

"It is such a big move to go interstate and move in with a family you don't really know, but here you know the other guys so it will be great fun."

The highly rated Beams, of Southport, has already told GC17 he will enter the draft at the end of the season.

But do not expect GC17 to give up on Beams, with McKenna expected to make a last-ditch attempt to nab the midfielder

Posted by CoastBhoy
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=478165

I don't know much about the players you guys have signed but i was wondering if you guys had a good, key backman, or one in your sights

This weekend there is like a tryout for the TAC GC team, 40 boys from around QLD ave been invited.. 5 will get contracts like the other 5 boys already have and the other 35 some may get a game during the year for the TAC side, so 1 player may get 4 games another 5 and so on and some amy even not get a callup hope thsi helps..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back