2010 hall of fame voting

Remove this Banner Ad

Kevin Murray - because his IS a legend
Aker - because he did as much as anyone to win us 3 flags

Akermanis- Despite his exit from the club was an absolute champion in the glory days.
Shaun Hart- Great during the premiership years and highly underated.

Kevin Murray - I have met them man and he is indeed a legend in every way... plus he let me wear his brownlow :thumbsu:

Marcus Ashcroft - over three hundred quality games for Brisbane. his record speaks for itself.

Clark Keating's turn next year!!

Ashcroft - Favourite Bear/Lion player I've ever watched, people knocked him in his last season but he still gave it his all, true champion.

Hart - Inspirational little player, full of courage and guts.

And both of them champion blokes.

Kevin " Bulldog" Murray is automatically a legend. Should not be in this pool - it is oranges & apples - to compare him with the rest.

My nominations would be…

1: Kevin Murray [sorry BuntonRules if Grim has nominated Muzza - I’m voting for]

• Debut - as a 16 year old in 1955 – final game at 36 in 1974.
  • 1955 [15 games] was the only year he did not poll a Brownlow vote, in his other 17 VFL seasons he averaged 10.47 votes a year.
  • Although he is regularly remembered as a defender, he still kicked at least 2 goals against every other club.
  • His on going support since the merger.
  • Immortalised acknowledgement in sharing the name of the club champion award, the Merrett-Murray Medal – for the clubs best and fairest.

2: Craig Lambert [the Football Department Watch is a sub thread – can I therefore nominate?]

• Joined the Bears in 1994
  • Played 96 games in 6 seasons for the Bears/Lions retiring at the end of 2000
  • Then continued with a further 10 years service assisting the club in numerous areas including coaching and operations where he is/was highly regarded for his player welfare work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One K. Murray for me

also Whitey but have no problems what so ever if the following are inducted:

D. Bradshaw, T. Notting, B. Scott, R. Copeland, B. McDonald, C. Keating, S. Hart, C. McRae, M. Ashcroft, M. Pike

Do we have a "Legend" status Grim?

No. Would probably be a good idea at some stage. Any thoughts on the process?

Kevin " Bulldog" Murray is automatically a legend. Should not be in this pool - it is oranges & apples - to compare him with the rest.

I considered doing this, but I thought it would cheapen the voting process if I fast tracked people through (no matter how stellar their careers are). Ultimately it is not for me (or any one person) to decide.

2: Craig Lambert [the Football Department Watch is a sub thread – can I therefore nominate?]

• Joined the Bears in 1994
  • Played 96 games in 6 seasons for the Bears/Lions retiring at the end of 2000
  • Then continued with a further 10 years service assisting the club in numerous areas including coaching and operations where he is/was highly regarded for his player welfare work.

Would be a worthy addition Fred, but providing a link to "Football Department Watch" is not really going to work.

But I like the way you have presented a list of accolades. In terms of better recognising all the inductees so far, it might be worthwhile presenting a comprehensive list of their achievements.

Yeah a bit of a Lou Richards-journalist-AFL Legend type nomination… I must say I’m a little surprised TBD didn’t use a Matthew Nicholls analogy to beat me down… His Dan Collins was well below par. :D

Happy to accept ‘the umpires decision’ coming from you Grim.

Yeah a bit of a Lou Richards-journalist-AFL Legend type nomination… I must say I’m a little surprised TBD didn’t use a Matthew Nicholls analogy to beat me down… His Dan Collins was well below par. :D

Happy to accept ‘the umpires decision’ coming from you Grim.

In time Lambert may develop his own Roster Watch thread, if anyone is so inclined...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back