Status
Not open for further replies.
top 5 2010

Newstead ( But I am biased)
Avoca
Rovers
Dunolly
Harcourt

Big Improvers should be Rover and maybe Creek if all the p[layers they are chasing come through
Carisbrook to drop off a bit more

Berry Powel Medalist
Mark Oxley, ( 3rd in 2008, 2nd in 2009 so has been moving up lol)

Steader - I think your predictions may be preety close, I think Newstead will be very powerfull again next year, especially if the rumours about Castlemaine players returning to the club are true ! Dunnoly will also be strong, I am led to believe, Motlop is staying, and there may be some more recruits.

My Top 5
1- Newstead
2- Harcourt
3- Dunnoly
4- Avoca
5- (Wide open) Carisbrook, Creek (If they do recruit what is rumoured) and Talbot

Premiership - Newstead
Berry Powell - Oxley

On what basis should Rovers improve ? New players ?? because there list is not good enough at the moment

May not be all one-way traffic at Newstead. Heard today that a few of the young local guys playing out there may try their luck in the BFL now they have achieved a flag with their local team.

I cant see why this needs a seperate thread guys. Traffic is not that heavy on the main thread.

I couldnt even hazard a guess to be honest but I expect much the same teams up there again this year.

I cant really see Rovers getting up there though. Sellers may be coming back, I cant see him doing it unless he has some quality recruits lined up. If he doesnt coach they will struggle again.

I think that next year will see the MCDFL go to a whole new level. The prefessionalism and the profile of the league has lifted a lot in the past couple of years and i think this is massive positive. Clubs are having to work harder to be successful and this this a great thing as success should come at the end of a hard slog IMO.

The fact that two sides who were a long way off finals in '08 played off in the GF is fantastic as no one wants to see the same sides year in year out.

Onto my thoughts on sides next year.

Newstead- Have a fantastic side. Lead by a few standouts the side is largely made up of no name (young) players who simply go out and do their job for the side. I can't see them going backwards in 2010 so if anyone teams want to catch them their work is cut out for them.

Dunolly- The real test stands for Dunolly is in 2010. Good effort to do what they did this year but can they build on it? Despite many people opinion there grand final side was largely made up of local players (many very young) with the addition on Motlop, Karpany, AhMat and Kelly who are all very handy players. I think providing they get back at least two of the four mentioned above they will be an improved side next year.

Avoca- With Bellenger reappointed and the disappointment of last season ringing in their heads they will leave no stone unturned to ensure they go all the way next year. I would expect Field may try and lure some ex Redan team mates to the Kennel and they will also improve next year.

Carisbrook- Haven't heard any real news from brook but never the less i am sure they have wheels in motion. I would expect with they will be on markh. Very strong club and really only a few players off a very good side so could easily make it 2 flags in 3 years.

Harcourt- Only real issue with the list is it is ageing, in particular the key players in the side. Would need some handy players to be in contention next year.

Maldon- Have got some very good players on the list. I would expect them to improve next year but by how much is anyones guess. Apparently they have secured the services of one of the Hedger boys which will help the lack of height.

Talbot- Would be disappointed with the outcome of this year. I would expect them to be back in contention next year and once again planty of new faces running around next year.

Rover- Can't see them going backwards if Elliot and Sellers are coaching.

Royal park- haven't heard anything factual but Baz's name has been thrown around. I think he would be far more liked then Davison and should lead them to greener pastures.

Creek- Great news if Peake is coaching. Very handy player that has been involved in much success. The old saying success breeds success. Lets hope he can start implementing the required needs for Creek to hear north on the ladder. I would expect top see vast improvements next year.

Trentham- No idea to be honest. Will need to improve a lot. Didn't have too many on their list that would get a game in a side in contention which is a problem as they need lots of new players which is always a tough ask.

Overall i think the MCDFL will improve a lot next year. No real basis for that other then i think were seeing more clubs putting in more effort then ever before in the hope of winning a flag.

-Newstead
-Avoca
-Harcourt
-Dunolly
-Carisbrook

What are the chance of young Tom Ruggles playing next year, if Mark Oxley cant go the home and away plus finals, he would be handly.

-Newstead
-Avoca
-Harcourt
-Dunolly
-Carisbrook

What are the chance of young Tom Ruggles playing next year, if Mark Oxley cant go the home and away plus finals, he would be handly.

Young Tom would need to get his head right before returning to the Stead in 2010, he is a junior that played 1 senior game early this season before breaking his arm - he then walked out on the club to play Castlemaine under 18's because he did not come straight back into the side when he thought he should have... Hopefully has smartened up because he could be a player in coming years!!

What about any other young blokes moving away, its obvious to say the kids coming through on the maryborough side of the league will be ask to go play 18's in there this year. Does much of this happen on the castlemaine side of the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back