2011 Draw

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast game being shown on Fox. Hmmmm. Now i'm going to have to find somewhere to watch it.

We play Geelong twice, Round 8 and 24.
yep you are right, missed that one

from the AFL website:
Collingwood begins its premiership defence by hosting Port Adelaide at Etihad Stadium in round one, but the Magpies are not expected to unfurl their flag until round three when they take on Carlton in a Friday night blockbuster at the MCG.

The highlights of Mick Malthouse's last season in charge include the traditional Anzac Day clash with Essendon, two matches against beaten grand finalist St Kilda, two meetings with Geelong and a night game against the Suns at the new Gold Coast Stadium in late July.

Collingwood has 18 games in Victoria, with 14 at the MCG and four at Etihad Stadium. Due to a quirk of the draw, the Magpies' four interstate trips are in the second half of the season.

Round 1 vs Port = Etihad (Sat, 2.10pm, FOX)

Round 2 vs North = Etihad (Sat, 2.10pm, TEN)

Round 3 vs Carlton = MCG (Fri, 7.40pm, SEVEN) FLAG WILL BE UNFURLED

Round 4 vs Richmond = MCG (Fri, 7.40pm, SEVEN)

Round 5 vs Essendon = MCG (Mon, 2.40pm, TEN) ANZAC DAY

Round 6 vs Western Bulldgos = MCG (Sun, 4.40pm, FOX)

Round 7 BYE

Round 8 vs Geelong = MCG (Fri, 7.40pm, SEVEN)

Round 9 vs Adelaide = Etihad (Sun, 1.10pm, FOX)

Round 10 vs WCE = MCG (Sun, 2.10pm, SEVEN)

Round 11 vs StKilda = MCG (Sat, 7.10pm, TEN)

Round 12 vs Melbourne = MCG (Mon, 2.10pm, TEN) QUEEN'S BIRTHDAY

Round 13 = BYE

Round 14 vs Sydney = ANZ (Sat, 7.10pm, TEN)

Round 15 vs Hawthorn = MCG (Sun, 2.10pm, SEVEN)

Round 16 vs North = MCG (Sun, 1.10pm, FOX)

Round 17 vs Carlton = MCG (Sat, 2.10pm, TEN)

Round 18 vs Gold Coast = GC Stadium (Sat, 7.10pm, FOX) FIRST TIME AGAINST THE GC

Round 19 vs Essendon = MCG (Sun, 2.10pm, SEVEN)

Round 20 vs Port = AAMI (Sat, 7.10pm, TEN)

Round 21 vs Stkilda = Etihad (Fri, 7.40pm, SEVEN)

Round 22 vs Brisbane = MCG (Sat, 7.10pm, TEN)

Round 23 vs Freo = Subiaco (Fri, 8.40pm, SEVEN)

Round 24 vs Geelong (TBC) FLOATING SCHEDULE

That's it.

Not too bad.:thumbsu:

I don't like starting the season with 2 games at that woeful stadium that is Etihad, but at least we get 1/2 our games there out of the way before the field starts to fall apart.

Our 4 interstate games are in the second half, but apart from the Freo game, they involve the 3 easiest interstate trips (We can't win in Brisbane).

2 Byes, at good times of the year, which will help us rest up.

I don't mind it, it's an ok draw.:thumbsu:

Already hating the bye, could not stand it when the fixture used to have it , at least we dont have it on the last round heading into finals which I believe would stop momentum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest, i think the 2011 draw is easier then the 2010 one, BUT i dont understand why the gc game is on foxtel, means illl have to listen to it if theres reception. good to see all those games at our home THE MCG .
Top 2 again :D:thumbsu:

Obviously the crying over our last 7 games at the MCG got to the AFL, they've flown us out to AAMI, Subi and Goldcoast in the last 7 weeks, with a game at Etihad for good measure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back