2013 MRP Ladder (aka "The battle for the Dustin Fletcher Cup")

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you curious to know how your club is faring in the weekly intrigue of “Wheel of Fortune MRP Chook Lotto”? Well, wonder no more dear friends. I present to you the……..

MRP Ladder, 2013 edition

The winning club is awarded the prestigious Dustin Fletcher Cup

And after Round 20 the ladder looks like this:

Club..... Matches....... Charges
MELB......... 11................... 4
BL................. 8................... 5
ESS............... 8................... 4
GEEL............ 7................... 5
FRE.............. 6................... 3
WCE ............6................... 3
PORT........... 5................... 3
STK.............. 5.................... 3

GWS............ 4................... 3
CARL............ 4................... 2
NMFC.......... 4....................2
GCFC........... 4................... 1
SYD...............3................... 1
ADEL............ 2................... 1
HAW............ 2................... 1
RICH............ 2................... 1
WB.............. 2.....................1
COLL.............1................... 1

Total.......... 84.................. 44

NOTES:

a) Ladder is sorted on total matches missed, then by number of (match-missing) charges, then alphabetically.
b) Ryder(Ess), Johnson(Geel) and Embley(WCE) have all been charged twice each (so far…)
c) The trophy is named in honour of Dustin Fletcher who, after his Round 20 (2013) guilty plea, now holds the dubious AFL record for the most times (16) found guilty of an offence.
d) Interestingly, i was unable to find any website or resource that has a definitive history or database of this aspect of our game. The above figures were extracted from the weekly MRP reports found on afl.com.au. If anyone knows of a mother-lode of past MRP/Tribunal activity I'd welcome your input.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Details of each round where a player copped a suspension:

Rnd 1: (Ballantyne ,FRE, 1)
Rnd 2: n/a
Rnd 3: (Ryder,ESS, 3) (Kommer ,ESS,2) ( Smith ,GWS,1) (Brogan ,GWS,3)
Rnd 4: (Morris ,RICH,1) (Milne ,STK,1) (Jetta ,MELB,2) (Hanley,(BRIS,1)
Rnd 5: (Fyfe,FRE,2) (Goodes,WB,2)
Rnd 6: (Kosi,STK,2) (Waite,CARL,1)
Rnd 7: (Kelly,GEEL,2) (Shaw,COLL,1) (Sylvia,MELB,3) (Betts,CARL,3)
Rnd 8: (Merrett,BL,3) (Clarke,BL,1)
Rnd 9: (Brown,BL,2) (Ziebell,NMFC,3)
Rnd 10: n/a
Rnd 11: n/a
Rnd 12: n/a
Rnd 13 Embley,WCE,1) (Spencer,MELB,3) (Simpkin,STK,2) (Johnson,GEEL,2)
Rnd 14 Thomas,NMFC,2)
Rnd 15 Adams ,GWS,1) (McKernan,ADEL,2) (McGinnity,WCE,3) (Westhoff ,PORT,1)
Rnd 16 Burgoyne,HAW,2) (Pavlich,FRE,3) (Cornes,PORT,1) ( Johnson,GEEL,1)
(McGlynn,SYD,3) ( Embley,WCE,2)
Rnd 17 Jonas,PORT,3) (Bartel,GEEL,1)
Rnd 18 Pods,GEEL,1)
Rnd 19 Golby,BL,1)
Rnd 20 Clisby,MELB,3) (Fletcher,ESS,2) ( Ryder,ESS,1) (Brown,GCGC,4)

No wonder Melbourne have the most reported/cited. I'd look to do a Colin Sylvia to avoid playing with that rabble/look to give a reason to the club admin to send me on my merry way and trade me to a club where I might be successful/might make finals/win a premiership.

Great effort by Hawthorn.

Dirtiest team in the competition, yet equal 2nd best record at the MRP. Guess who has a club official in the MRP process?

WTF? Geelong are hands down the filthiest bunch of thugs the league has seen since the 80's. Knee-dropping, elbow throwing, kidney punching snipers.

Get a grip.

WTF? Geelong are hands down the filthiest bunch of thugs the league has seen since the 80's. Knee-dropping, elbow throwing, kidney punching snipers.

Get a grip.

Knee dropping - Refer to the video in the Cyril Rioli thread of a Hawthorn player dropping a knee into the Bulldogs players head. Of course, it doesnt get looked at by the MRP, despite being as forceful as the SJ knee, and high as well!

Elbow Throwing - Refer to Sam Mitchell whenever he plays Geelong. Perfect example......Sam Mitchell Vs Gary Ablett. He threw his elbows around as much as possible!

Kidney Punching? Please provide an example.

Then we can look at Hawthorns incidents, which get let off by the MRP due to Evans: Franklin nearly breaking a blokes neck. Rioli consistently chicken winging. Hodge repeated head high contact incidents. ALL somehow overlooked by the MRP, yet other clubs cop suspensions. I wonder why.............

It was 5 years ago now, get over it.
I am assuming you are referring to the 2008 GF, which has absolutely no relevance to this topic, and which I have never referred to. I think it is you who needs to get over it, given all the water which has passed under the bridge since!

Port should have one more game, 3+1+1. Another top 8 finish for the mighty Power!
Good pickup jdeezy! Fixed!

And one has to just shake one's head in wonder at how it seems like every single thread in BigFooty can get hi-jacked for the usual Cats vs Hawks b*tch-slap fest. Jeezus... can you keep your petty squabbles in The Bay. :rolleyes:

But the MRP are out to get Geelong aren't they?
There must be some mistake, why aren't they on top of this ladder?;)

Of course, if it was sorted on the number of charges (rather than total games missed) they would be top 2. ;)

Additional note: I really didn't have the time or inclination to include incidents 'looked at' or those that just received reprimands or fines etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not about how many times they've been done, it's why they were done and why other teams got away with equal or worse. It's the lack of consistency. One week the head is sacrosanct, the next week they don't even review something which was worse or they claim the force wasn't enough when the week before the force wasn't an issue it was the potential for damage.

Why? They fix the fixture, it's the only explanation which coincides with the fact they don't review all games equally, only some games selectively.

Just make the MRP even across the entire league, if they screw everyone equally then there will be enough momentem from the fanbase to change it. If they favour some sides over others then you always end up with bickering amongst the fanbase because one team is getting rawdogged and another is walking away free. They AFL win in that scenario every time and it allows them to keep chipping away at the sport in their endless effort to turn it into soccerball, the fans of the sport lose out because we have no united voice.

It's for the good of the sport that fans unite to change the MRP to being in honest reviews of all games, not just selected footage.

It's not about how many times they've been done, it's why they were done and why other teams got away with equal or worse. It's the lack of consistency. One week the head is sacrosanct, the next week they don't even review something which was worse or they claim the force wasn't enough when the week before the force wasn't an issue it was the potential for damage.

Why? They fix the fixture, it's the only explanation which coincides with the fact they don't review all games equally, only some games selectively.

Just make the MRP even across the entire league, if they screw everyone equally then there will be enough momentem from the fanbase to change it. If they favour some sides over others then you always end up with bickering amongst the fanbase because one team is getting rawdogged and another is walking away free. They AFL win in that scenario every time and it allows them to keep chipping away at the sport in their endless effort to turn it into soccerball, the fans of the sport lose out because we have no united voice.

It's for the good of the sport that fans unite to change the MRP to being in honest reviews of all games, not just selected footage.
See! It's not actually that hard to put forward a reasoned argument or point of view without automatically sledging a hated enemy in the process. I applaud you and agree with all that you have said. :thumbsu: The inexplicable output of the MRP ebbs and flows all the time and of course human nature dictates that we tend to slant the results to suit our biased views of the world.

Fyfe contested the charge unsuccessfully and ended up missing two matches, not sure if you're ladder allows for challenges.
I see what you did there! Anything to get ahead of the Eagles eh? (even if it is on an alphabetic technicality) :)

Thanks for picking that up though. I did try and follow through the various reports on what tribunal challenges were upheld or not but clearly my work was sub-standard. I'm cherry ripe for a job at the Herald Sun then!

Knee dropping - Refer to the video in the Cyril Rioli thread of a Hawthorn player dropping a knee into the Bulldogs players head. Of course, it doesnt get looked at by the MRP, despite being as forceful as the SJ knee, and high as well!

Elbow Throwing - Refer to Sam Mitchell whenever he plays Geelong. Perfect example......Sam Mitchell Vs Gary Ablett. He threw his elbows around as much as possible!

Kidney Punching? Please provide an example.

Then we can look at Hawthorns incidents, which get let off by the MRP due to Evans: Franklin nearly breaking a blokes neck. Rioli consistently chicken winging. Hodge repeated head high contact incidents. ALL somehow overlooked by the MRP, yet other clubs cop suspensions. I wonder why.............

Your obssesion with the Hawks on Bigfooty. :hearts:

And after Round 21 the ladder looks like this:

BL................. 9.................. 6
ESS............... 8................... 4
PORT........... 7................... 4

GCFC........... 4................... 1
RICH............ 2................... 1

Total.......... 84.................. 44

NOTES:

a) Ladder is sorted on total matches missed, then by number of (match-missing) charges, then alphabetically.
b) Ryder(Ess), Johnson(Geel) and Embley(WCE) have all been charged twice each (so far…)
c) The trophy is named in honour of Dustin Fletcher who, after his Round 20 (2013) guilty plea, now holds the dubious AFL record for the most times (16) found guilty of an offence.
d) Interestingly, i was unable to find any website or resource that has a definitive history or database of this aspect of our game. The above figures were extracted from the weekly MRP reports found on afl.com.au. If anyone knows of a mother-lode of past MRP/Tribunal activity I'd welcome your input.

Rnd 13: (Embley,WCE,1) (Spencer,MELB,3) (Simpkin,STK,2) (Johnson,GEEL,2)
Rnd 14: (Thomas,NMFC,2)
Rnd 15: (Adams ,GWS,1) (McKernan,ADEL,2) (McGinnity,WCE,3) (Westhoff ,PORT,1)
Rnd 16: (Burgoyne,HAW,2) (Pavlich,FRE,3) (Cornes,PORT,1) ( Johnson,GEEL,1)
Rnd 17: (Jonas,PORT,3) (Bartel,GEEL,1)
Rnd 18: (Pods,GEEL,1)
Rnd 19: (Golby,BL,1)
Rnd 20: (Clisby,MELB,3) (Fletcher,ESS,2) ( Ryder,ESS,1) (Brown,GCGC,4)
Rnd 21: (Black,BRIS,1) (Hartlett,PORT,2)

PORT are the big movers this week, climbing two places on the ladder and just a sniff within top 4.

And after Round 22 the ladder looks like this:

ESS............... 9................... 5

GCFC........... 5................... 2
RICH............ 3................... 2
Total.......... 87.................. 47

NOTES:

Rnd 19: (Golby,BL,1) Rnd 20: (Clisby,MELB,3) (Fletcher,ESS,2) ( Ryder,ESS,1) (Brown,GCGC,4)
Rnd 22: (May,GCFC,1) (Hocking,ESS,1) (Edwards, RICH, 1)

Melbourne seem to have this pretty well wrapped up unless there is some serious last round thuggery from either the Lions or the desperado Bombers.

And, one suspects, this is one wooden spoon Collingwood would be happy with - but I'm betting some will still find reason to complain.... o_O

And after Round 23 the ladder looks like this.

And it is strangely fitting that the inaugural 2013 Dustin Fletcher Cup goes to Essendon, via an impressive last-round effort by Mad-dog Melksham, snatching "victory" for his glorious club.

ESS...............11................. 6
STK.............. 6.................... 4

GCFC........... 5................... 2
HAW............ 3................... 2
RICH............ 3................... 2
Total.......... 91.................. 50

NOTES:

d) Interestingly, i was unable to find any website or resource that has a definitive history or database of this aspect of our game. The above figures were extracted from the weekly MRP reports found on afl.com.au. If anyone knows of a mother-lode of past MRP/Tribunal activity I'd welcome your input. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rnd 19: (Golby,BL,1) Rnd 20: (Clisby,MELB,3) (Fletcher,ESS,2) ( Ryder,ESS,1) (Brown,GCGC,4)
Rnd 22: (May,GCFC,1) (Hocking,ESS,1) (Edwards, RICH, 1)
Rnd 23: (Franklin, HAW, 1) (Montagna, STK, 1) (Melksham, ESS, 2)

And so it comes to pass, out of the ashes of a disastrous season, Essendon have some silverware to show for their efforts on the paddock during 2013. Congratulations!

Thank you umpires. Thank you MRP. Thank you Mark Fraser. Thank you Tribunal. Thank you elbows, shoulders and all other wayward limbs.

And thank you all for following. Until 2014, adios!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back