2016 NTFA SEASON

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wait and see on silky..

Very talented when he was at launy, yes he had very good players around him but a division up and a bit more fitness and they will benefit highly from his run and ball movement

My parrots still struggling to find a coach after being knocked back by Mitch Hills and our 30k offer we put to him, looking like alot of boys have jumped the nest and heading to meander and launnie. Could be a long year but hopefully can rebuild.
Deloraine have lost Dylan Riley to Devonport and Crawford to Sheffield.
Heard that Hillwood have signed on Max Pearce as coach again and will look to pull them out of the s**t as always, not sure he has the cattle to do so next year though with all the boys he had staying put at their new clubs.
South need to leave the comp, word is from all the clubs that they will be putting it to the NTFA that they need to head back to the TSL or NTFL. their list just continues to get stronger with more TSL players dropping back to win an easy flag.
Not hearing much about Longford and Bracknell.
Geoff Mohr apparently coaching Scottsdale after Heath Fox pulling the pin.
Rocherlea should be climbing back up the ladder after 4 very handy pickups in Cox-Goodyear, Brown and Sinclair Brothers signing on. Has anyone heard who is coaching them?

My parrots still struggling to find a coach after being knocked back by Mitch Hills and our 30k offer we put to him, looking like alot of boys have jumped the nest and heading to meander and launnie. Could be a long year but hopefully can rebuild.
Heard that Hillwood have signed on Max Pearce as coach again and will look to pull them out of the s**t as always, not sure he has the cattle to do so next year though with all the boys he had staying put at their new clubs.
South need to leave the comp, word is from all the clubs that they will be putting it to the NTFA that they need to head back to the TSL or NTFL. their list just continues to get stronger with more TSL players dropping back to win an easy flag.
Rocherlea should be climbing back up the ladder after 4 very handy pickups in Cox-Goodyear, Brown and Sinclair Brothers signing on. Has anyone heard who is coaching them?

Geoff Mohr and Sam Carins co-coach of Scottsdale. In todays local paper. Hopefully they can retain most of this years list and add a couple of recruits to build on the gains they made as a club this year

Just wait and see on silky..

Very talented when he was at launy, yes he had very good players around him but a division up and a bit more fitness and they will benefit highly from his run and ball movement

I saw a couple of his games last season it appeared that prospect were paying him to just stand in the forward pocket

I saw a couple of his games last season it appeared that prospect were paying him to just stand in the forward pocket
Yeah few games I've seen him play last few years he hasn't done much. In saying that tho he didn't have the players around him so could be a better player in a stronger team

There is no doubt he could return to good form, being around better players will not cure laziness though it's a decision he will have to make himself

Yer they should have a rule if u win more than one premiership u have to leave the comp.. Haha Did people say Georgetown should leave the comp because they were winning too much?? Or what about when rocherlea won a few in a row?? Or north launnie won two in a row so maybe they should have to go in to the vfl... Good one parrot

Last edited:
Yer they should have a rule if u win more than one premiership u have to leave the comp.. Haha

Yeh totally agree south should leave the Comp... Same as when gtown won all the flags and went up to the ntfl..

I agree with you Predictor, the league works in swings and roundabouts. Some teams see success for a few seasons and so on. But if South build a team (current rumours have M Hills, N Grima, H Mcintosh, S Stephens and Derbyshire, although they've lost Crawford to George Town) to rival TSL sides then maybe a rethink of which league they play in should be done. Or better yet, a points system where players are independantly rated and given a points value, a team can't exceed a certain number of points. It's not good for the comp if they can beat there nearest rival by 200 points

Something does need to be done to try and keep the competitions relatively fair that's why the afl are regretting free agency and it's why the draft is set the way it is

What I don't understand is, south had no money and we're in trouble big time. Now they have no shortage of players? Who's funding them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I don't understand is, south had no money and we're in trouble big time. Now they have no shortage of players? Who's funding them?
All the blokes at south are mates so went there together. I know a couple of them and they are all on very little money but are happy to play there to win a premiership or 3..

look at all the money a couple of other div 1 clubs throw about and still can't get guys to go there.. The players still have to want to play there.. Look at bridgenorth we don't spend barely anything on players and still get guys to come there cause they want to play there.. It's about building a culture..

I agree with you Predictor, the league works in swings and roundabouts. Some teams see success for a few seasons and so on. But if South build a team (current rumours have M Hills, N Grima, H Mcintosh, S Stephens and Derbyshire, although they've lost Crawford to George Town) to rival TSL sides then maybe a rethink of which league they play in should be done. Or better yet, a points system where players are independantly rated and given a points value, a team can't exceed a certain number of points. It's not good for the comp if they can beat there nearest rival by 200 points
The issue is these blokes have all retired from statewide and if it ever did come to it and they were forced in to that league again none of them would play so therefore they would not be so competitive..

look at all the money a couple of other div 1 clubs throw about and still can't get guys to go there.. The players still have to want to play there.. Look at bridgenorth we don't spend barely anything on players and still get guys to come there cause they want to play there.. It's about building a culture..

Until next season...

Jacob Knight to Rocherlea if they get him a job (going with "silky")
Sticky O'Neill to coach St Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back