Player Sponsorship 2016 Prize Draw

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladies and Gents,

I've received notification from HFC of the player sponsorship event.

2016 Hawthorn Football Club Player Sponsorship Function

Date: Tuesday 24th May, 2016
Venue: Glenferrie Hotel, Hawthorn

We have six tickets to raffle off to this function. Tickets are for members of the sponsorship syndicate only. If you wish to take a partner or child, it is likely there will be a cost (TBA)

The draw will be happening soon

1. Our raffle drawer this year is well known bon vivant, raconteur and super mod Doss .
2. For the function tickets, I'll offer the first tickets drawn out the right of first refusal. If you can't attend we move down the list of drawn tickets until all six places are filled.
3. If you are unable to attend (live interstate, etc), your ticket will go back in the draw and remain live.
4. We ideally need to give HFC names by 1st May. We usually get a little wriggle room though.
5. People that have attended the function in the past have also assisted in getting the rest of the prize pool to me. Namely the signed jumpers that are part of the package. If you are willing to assist me by taking temporary (;)) custody, you won't be out of pocket for postage costs and the like.

Any questions please PM me or post here.

With only Gralin of those whose number came up actually attending, I have five spots up for grabs for tomorrow night. PM me your real name and a contact number. First in, best dressed.

So, anyone who attended care to give a report on how this event (2016 Hawthorn Football Club Player Sponsorship Function
) went on Tuesday night? Any interesting insights? ;)
Will put something together hopefully this afternoon or tonight

So I was lucky enough to be able to attend the player sponsorship function last night, I didn't make it down for the full night so can't comment on how it kicked off but when I arrived the Trivia Night was in full swing.

They had the players spread out on tables with their sponsors so I got to sit with Alex Woodward and Kaiden Brand. For reasons unknown to everyone including himself Jermaine Miller-Lewis was on another table without any of his sponsors.

It was very much a family atmosphere with quite a few kids running around in Hawks Guernseys getting them signed by players and generally having a good time.

Sadly I have to report our table came in dead last in the trivia night but it was good to sit and have a chat with the boys about footy. I found both Alex and Kaiden to be quite engaging and friendly and thoroughly enjoyed my time talking to them.

Alex was thankful for Big Footy Hawks continued support of him, said he is a few weeks away from playing and can't wait to get back out there, body feels good and he's looking forward to getting into skills as it's pretty much all running at the moment for him.

I really enjoyed chatting with Kaiden, he's a very nice young man. Due to my late arrival I had missed the jumper presentation, he went and spoke to the event staff rounded up Alex and Jermaine and I was able to get a photo with all three of the boys and their jumpers. We talked a bit about how his year was going, he's really enjoying the step up and learning a lot playing at the top level. He was hopeful of being picked round 1 based on Geelong's tall forwards but when didn't eventuate just got about playing footy and waiting.

He said getting the first game out of the way was good and he's hoping to play more senior footy during the year. I asked him whether he had played under lights before and his response was about 3 times in the VFL , a couple of times in junior footy but nothing like being under the lights at the MCG.

It's a good thing to remember that it's not just the step up in competition that our young boys have to deal with but the step up in ground size, crowd size, television audience and media scrutiny.

We talked about how shorter players struggle to get drafted or get games, Woody is a big fan of Caleb Daniel and the fact that someone took a punt on him, we also somehow got onto Tomlinson's 52 disposal game not that I would read anything into that we were just talking about other footy players the boys like from other clubs.

At the end of the night Kaiden also asked me to pass on his thanks to the board here for sponsoring him which I have now done :)

That's all I can really think of, it was a great experience, good to meet some of the players and just have a chat. Thanks again to Messenger for organizing the sponsorship of the players and helping us keyboard warriors experience nights like last night. If anyone has any question's I will try to answer them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back