List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind this at all, unfortunately for us I think Essendon will try and drive a harder deal.
I really think its "win/win" though. Essendon get two top tenners in an even draft instead of one. We get the chance to get three top tenners (if you count Bowes and Scheer) instead of two. We would have the points to get Bowes and Scheer and whoever we think is the best player in the draft.
There is a lot to play out, if a key position player has an outstanding carnival/second half of the year you would think Essendon will hang on to number one. For instance if Wietering or Schache were in this year's draft, there's no way Essendon are trading pick one.
But there not, so share the love, I say.

Agreed. Why should we limit ourself to 1 top 10 selection, and why should gcs limit themselves to having to use their first selection on bowes. Do the trade, get prime selection of anyone you want, and then take your academy kids with your seconds (theh would be your next selections). Instead of just bowes and sheer, take sps aswell!
I agree. At the moment with no standout its a win win. Time will tell if it will stay this way

Agreed. Why should we limit ourself to 1 top 10 selection, and why should gcs limit themselves to having to use their first selection on bowes. Do the trade, get prime selection of anyone you want, and then take your academy kids with your seconds (theh would be your next selections). Instead of just bowes and sheer, take sps aswell!
I agree. At the moment with no standout its a win win. Time will tell if it will stay this way
Done and done... I trust you have Dodorro on speed dial, ill let Ashcroft know... we can get SPS up here right now to start playing with our Neafl side.. maybe he can show Aaron Hall that running both ways doesnt mean running left sideways and running right sideways..

Well Jaeger is leaving because his GF is from Melbourne, so Dion must be staying because his GF is from the Gold Coast.:drunk:
In other news Josh Kennedy from the Swans is moving to Colombia because his missus is ...blah blah blah

So if I hook up all Suns players with American women then the Suns will have to relocate here. Sorry guys this is a risk I'm willing to take. I gots works to do.

Not sure thats the player GC should be taking after their history drafting similar types. Just my opinion.

James Sicily won the game for the Hawks last night with 5 sausages to go with a couple of big marks..
If the Suns want to play in the big league. Poach this kid.
Throw the cheque book at him.
After last night i think every club would want Sicily or Mason Wood but they won't leave as they have waited for their opportunity to play in a successful team and now getting rewarded

I would love for us to get Gaff somehow, Rosa has been a great pickup for us so another eagle on the wing would help our structure.

I would love for us to get Gaff somehow, Rosa has been a great pickup for us so another eagle on the wing would help our structure.
No chance of that I'm afraid... Rosa was a guy coming to the end of his career who was struggling for a game every week.. and with Redden and Jetta coming in was definitely on the outer..
Gaff is a poster child, Brownlow contender, and baring in mind his age is probably the Eagles most untouchable player..
As it's worked out Redden and Jetta are struggling, Rosa has been great.. so great for us but Gaff will be an Eagle for life..

No chance of that I'm afraid... Rosa was a guy coming to the end of his career who was struggling for a game every week.. and with Redden and Jetta coming in was definitely on the outer..
Gaff is a poster child, Brownlow contender, and baring in mind his age is probably the Eagles most untouchable player..
As it's worked out Redden and Jetta are struggling, Rosa has been great.. so great for us but Gaff will be an Eagle for life..
Why hasn't he re-signed then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Gaff wanted to go home to Vic? Which is why he wasn't re-signing. I highly doubt he would want to come up here at all, especially when we had the chance to draft him originally.

Why hasn't he re-signed then?
Because they haven't agreed to terms yet would be the obvious answer to that Meatball..
I dug up some quotes from him a month or two ago for your perusal,

Gaff said he wanted to remain at the club long-term but had left his contract negotiations in the hands of his manager, Paul Connors.

"It would be great (to be a one-club player),” Gaff said.

"The club has been fantastic to me, I've loved it ever since I came here five or six years ago. We've got a great bunch of guys at the moment and a great list. You can see the build of the team each year with so many young guys coming through. I love it here.

The chances of Gaff leaving the Eagles are Zero.. the chances of him coming to the Gold Coast are about as likely as Dangerfield coming here... No offence Skav..

Because they haven't agreed to terms yet would be the obvious answer to that Meatball..
I dug up some quotes from him a month or two ago for your perusal,

Gaff said he wanted to remain at the club long-term but had left his contract negotiations in the hands of his manager, Paul Connors.

"It would be great (to be a one-club player),” Gaff said.

"The club has been fantastic to me, I've loved it ever since I came here five or six years ago. We've got a great bunch of guys at the moment and a great list. You can see the build of the team each year with so many young guys coming through. I love it here.

The chances of Gaff leaving the Eagles are Zero.. the chances of him coming to the Gold Coast are about as likely as Dangerfield coming here... No offence Skav..
Fair enough, btw i wasn't meaning to be rude i really didn't know why he hadn't re-signed.

Let's face it guys, we are probably going to lose Dion or Jaeger and maybe even both. That doesn't mean we have to start a rebuild though. It will be more of a re-tooling process where we potentially lose those two and gain our two academy guns as well as another one or two top 10 picks. That means we will be adding around 3-4 players of top 10 quality this off season.

We get the instant midfield injection from Bowes and Scheer which will mean competition for spots in the middle will be hot. We may even draft another top 10 midfielder so I would think at least one of them will make their way into our best 22 next year. That probably ends up pushing an older guy like Risch to the side but that's okay as long as our midfield is getting better. You only have to look at Weitering this year to see the kind of difference a high quality draft pick can make to a team immediately.

Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be when it comes to Dion and Jaeger. If we lose them then we must make sure we are fairly compensated. If they stay even better but we don't have to worry too much as we know what is around the corner. I have faith that Rocket is shaping this list for us to be contenders in the near future.

Hopefully we keep Dion and JOM, axe up to 6 the list cloggers and bring in 6 top 30 draftees, which in a very deep draft is the equivalent to 6 top 20 draftees in any other year.

Unless we get a bonefide gun who we can convince to come up to GC next year I am all for re-tooling with high quality kids to give us the quality depth we need and develop them into future guns.

Get new kids to come in with no bad habits, embed the new culture of hard work, standards and discipline and get them playing the way Rocket wants them to play.

I too have faith in Rocket.

If he goes to Hawthorn the AFL need to change the rules

Off the top of my head, Gibson, Burgoune, Hale, Frawley, Gunston, Lake, McEvoy and more came from other clubs. There needs to be a ban on top 4 sides getting gun free agents

Only one of those is a free agent. And Melbourne got pick 2. We got pick 19 for Buddy, so free agency has been bad for us.

What you are wanting is a ban on trades.

I cant imagine anyone will touch JOM - except maybe Richmond.

Hopefully we keep Dion and JOM, axe up to 6 the list cloggers and bring in 6 top 30 draftees, which in a very deep draft is the equivalent to 6 top 20 draftees in any other year.

Unless we get a bonefide gun who we can convince to come up to GC next year I am all for re-tooling with high quality kids to give us the quality depth we need and develop them into future guns.

Get new kids to come in with no bad habits, embed the new culture of hard work, standards and discipline and get them playing the way Rocket wants them to play.

Have to agree with this, the gun mature players will only come here if they see success. Get the top kids in, we can become GWS like very quickly... With a good run of injuries we can become final contenders and then top four contenders within 12 to 24 months. Then we can turn our attention to some gun mature age recruits.
Have and said that, Rosa has been a good acquisition and I would expect that we can gain another similar best 22 mature age guy this off season. but that still leaves up to 5 top 30 kids to work with.

Just a bit of hypothetical rubbish to get you through the day.....

Suns trade Prestia, pick 3 & pick 22 to Essendon for picks 1 & 20

Hypothetical:
- Gold Coast bid with pick 1 on Setterfield/McCreadie, forcing GWS to have to cough up the points for him to the value of pick minus 20%
- you then use pick 2 for any of Marshall/Brodie/McCluggage/SPS
- you get Jack Bowes at whatever pick he's bid on (probably pick 3 - by taking the above approach you have just saved 766 points without the 20% discount by not taking Bowes at picks 1 or 2)
- you get Brad Scheer at whatever pick he's bid on

A haul of one of Marshall/Brodie/McCluggage/SPS + Bowes + Scheer is seriously offensive, & is worth more than picks 3 + 23 + Prestia

Enjoy :cool:

Hypothetical:
- Gold Coast bid with pick 1 on Setterfield/McCreadie, forcing GWS to have to cough up the points for him to the value of pick minus 20%
- you get Jack Bowes at whatever pick he's bid on (probably pick 3 - by taking the above approach you have just saved 766 points without the 20% discount by not taking Bowes at picks 1 or 2)

A haul of one of Marshall/Brodie/McCluggage/SPS + Bowes + Scheer is seriously offensive, & is worth more than picks 3 + 23 + Prestia

Don't like what we give up for what we receive on trade day, I do however not mind the final outcome once all is said and done on draft night.

Hypothetical:

Or Bowes can keep having an average Championship, we use pick 3 on McGrath/Brodie, get Bowes with 10 and keep Prestia

We need mids like Toby Green at GWS he was there most dominate ball getter 2 years ago. Now he is hanging around half forward getting 25 touches and averaging 3 goals a game!!!
Need players who a diverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back