2017 Fixture Requests

Remove this Banner Ad

After the last one it was made clear that it's not going to happen. Richmond wanted to, North and/or the AFL didn't like the 'away' team getting more support than the 'home' team...It upsets their dreams of building North up down there.

As for Richmond's wants.
Dreamtime
Season opener
All games at MCG (we keep asking for that, but the real hope is 'as few as possible at Docklands').

Add in the 'standard' requests all teams would have about breaks, some good timeslots (Friday nights, etc) and the like, and that'd be it.
It was the same size crowd in 2015. AFL will look at the crowd numbers and TV ratings and then decide if you go there again,

It was the same size crowd in 2015. AFL will look at the crowd numbers and TV ratings and then decide if you go there again,

I'm sure they like the size, it was who they support, and whose support was growing, that they worried about.
If Richmond stopped Jack Reiwoldt hitting the schools, etc. then it might be more acceptable to North/the AFL, but we'd need to leave him in Melbourne, chained to the statue of Jack Dyer for that to happen, and even then there would be a chance he'd just drag it along with him.

as many home games as possible in the saturday twilight time slot- great time for the family.

big drawing melbourne clubs at home- collingwood, hawthorn, essendon, carlton and the premiers.

6 games in melbourne for our southern fans.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

me my son and his 2 young boys will be embarking on a boys weekend footy watching blitzkrieg this year from sunny brisbane so if the AFL is reading this, would love this fixture in melbourne one weekend in 2017. :)

friday night- hawthorn v geelong
saturday early- melbourne v western bulldogs
saturday night- collingwood v carlton
sunday early- brisbane v st.kilda

No bye after round 23.

Easy fix. Don't make finals

But for freo:

No tassie trips or act/nt trips
Once each to nsw and qld
At least 2 games at the g
Essendon in Melbourne
St kilda in Perth
No Friday or Thursday night games except after a bye (lessen 6 day breaks)
Hawthorn over here would also be nice

-8 games at Simonds, including visits from Carlton and Essendon (doubt we'll see the Dogs there next season, so a vacancy might exist for one of the "big" clubs)
-No home games at Etihad
-Someone other than a top 6 side coming off the bye
-Hawthorn twice

Port Adelaide in Victoria and GC away are both due to happen for us, as is an interstate opener. Think our double-up matches will be against Hawthorn, Adelaide, Bulldogs, Dees and North.

- QBD
- Anzac Eve
- 1 Friday night game
- Bye after Darwin
- 2x v Essendon, Collingwood, North, Port Adelaide and Hawthorn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i want Carlton, Essendon and Richmond combined to play in no more than 3 Thursday/Friday night games.

3 matches at the MCG
similar timeslot breakdown as 2016 for home matches
no Perth trip in R23

0 Friday night games as i am pushing s**t up hill to get there on time.
16 games in the 4.40 or 7.20 Saturday slots so I can either go to punt road to watch the ressies or hit the pub before the game.
6 interstate game can be played in any timeslot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back