2017 Fixture Requests

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it's a want but that freo double is not going to happen, and I doubt your club would even want it.

As a middle 6 team you are allowed only 2 games against bottom 6, consider Carlton Essendon and Richmond are all bottom 6 what are the odds your double ups won't include 2 of those 3.
Of my 5 double ups the only other bottom 6 side I had us getting twice was carlton. Couldn't care less about playing any of our traditional rivals twice, I'd rather us just right some of the inequities in our fixtures of the past. I'm getting sick of drawing two away games in sydney or Brissy, I'd rather see us double up in an AFL heartland state for a change.

All 22 games in Melbourne please :)
Would love saints dogs good friday and the Dees twice as always, once at the G. Hopefully 4 or 5 games at the G and not 3, think we play it quite well.

Would love saints dogs good friday and the Dees twice as always, once at the G. Hopefully 4 or 5 games at the G and not 3, think we play it quite well.

a Melbourne side can only play a maximum of 18 games in Melbourne
playing both SA sides in Adelaide, the Giants in Canberra, and the Swans in Sydney would minimize travel

I doubt we will see St Kilda increase their amount of MCG games now that the AFL own Docklands stadium and Essendon and Carlton will increase their amount of games at the 'G.

Essendon, Richmond, Hawthorn, Geelong and Carlton twice

a Melbourne side can only play a maximum of 18 games in Melbourne
playing both SA sides in Adelaide, the Giants in Canberra, and the Swans in Sydney would minimize travel
I wasn't being serious about the 22 games in Melbourne...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt we will see St Kilda increase their amount of MCG games now that the AFL own Docklands stadium and Essendon and Carlton will increase their amount of games at the 'G.
In terms of home games that's correct, but wouldn't mind playing one or two more away games there, definitely at least V Melbourne

Why?

There is still a limit on games at the G, and EFC particularly still has a contract with it's home ground.

I thought that there was to be 11 Thursday games under the new broadcast deal.
That 11 game figure includes the odds and sodds games, like easter monday, QB, anzac day etc. The thursday nights just make up the rest of those numbers to get to 11.

Why?

There is still a limit on games at the G, and EFC particularly still has a contract with it's home ground.

It would only be increasing by one. With a 6-5 split as opposed to the current 7-4 split. The AFL also own their home ground now so I imagine they can change as they see fit.

It would only be increasing by one. With a 6-5 split as opposed to the current 7-4 split. The AFL also own their home ground now so I imagine they can change as they see fit.

and who will lose game(s) at the MCG to make room?

I wouldn't have a clue. This is just something I've heard floated around. If I had to speculate, I'd say Hawks playing one or two more games in Tassie.

Seems easier to have the spooners play their contracted games at docklands.

Seems easier to have the spooners play their contracted games at docklands.

It makes sense for a club with a large following to seek more games at the bigger stadium as well as making sense for the AFL. As for spooners, I wouldn't be bringing up lack of success if I could help it :$

It makes sense for a club with a large following to seek more games at the bigger stadium as well as making sense for the AFL. As for spooners, I wouldn't be bringing up lack of success if I could help it :$

So you'd move a club with a larger following, and draws larger crowds (Hawthorn) off to Tasmania so your club, which only averages 33K crowds in 2016, can get more games on the MCG because you don't like the contract your club signed to play 7 games at Docklands?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back