2018 Bathurst 12hr

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s supposed to be apart of the Intercontinental GT Challenge with a race at Laguna Seca and somewhere else but I don’t know if that’s actually happening.
ICGT.jpg

Would be awesome, and the new Aston, the 488, maybe a GT40 ??

Loved covettes since I was a kid.

Would love a GT3 spec to come but with HSV bringing out the "other" GT racer for purchase they will ve pushing that.

Aston and the 488 i can see.

But can anyone afford a GT40?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Some big name Europeans come theee days

Straka Racing and WRT are 2 of the bigger teams.

I should say Ford GT, Not GT40

There are only Ford GTs in GTE spec which race in IMSA and WEC. Callaway are making Corvettes that have been racing Europe for a while but I doubt we’ll see them coming here soon, and GM have never made Camaro’s for GT3 racing, so they won’t be used. I’m hoping that we see a couple of Acura NSXs now that Acura have approved them to be racing outside of the US.

Manthey Racing in the fluro Porsche are a big name team too, they ran Porsche’s factory team in WEC GT team for a while.

There are only Ford GTs in GTE spec which race in IMSA and WEC. Callaway are making Corvettes that have been racing Europe for a while but I doubt we’ll see them coming here soon, and GM have never made Camaro’s for GT3 racing, so they won’t be used. I’m hoping that we see a couple of Acura NSXs now that Acura have approved them to be racing outside of the US.

Manthey Racing in the fluro Porsche are a big name team too, they ran Porsche’s factory team in WEC GT team for a while.

There are GT3 Cameros though. Holden and HSV have said previously they are looking into it. Not saying definate but i think itll be a good idea if they are going to sell the car to race it. Good promotion

There are GT3 Cameros though. Holden and HSV have said previously they are looking into it. Not saying definate but i think itll be a good idea if they are going to sell the car to race it. Good promotion

Those GT3 Camaros were made by Reiter, a German company who also made the Lamborghini Gallardo GT3. Was never actually an official GM product. Similar to Erebus running the Mercs in V8 Supercars without Merc actually ever officially being apart of it. The Reiter Camaro’s are also 3 generations old and uncompetitive compared to the newer factory based cars.

Those GT3 Camaros were made by Reiter, a German company who also made the Lamborghini Gallardo GT3. Was never actually an official GM product. Similar to Erebus running the Mercs in V8 Supercars without Merc actually ever officially being apart of it. The Reiter Camaro’s are also 3 generations old and uncompetitive compared to the newer factory based cars.
Can only say what i read.

Anyway heres a speedweek article

https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/02/06/manufacturer-increase-needed-take-b12hr-next-level/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back