2018 Formula One Season

Remove this Banner Ad

You already have enough delusional whatever-australians here to ruin the place.

So much irony in this post that Gina Rinehart intends to apply for a mining licence.

At Azerbajain with the double movement by Max not reprimanded.
That race Max had the elbows out and Dan had to back out or be hit. Thats not a team racing thing.
At Austria with Dan not getting a run at following Max in Qualy.
We know Helmut plays favourites and behind the scenes it must be toxic.
Horner needs to tell Helmut to just * right off and let him run the team. It's Helmuts little play toy and he's stumping up the cash.

Renault were the last ones to slay the dominant dragon. (Ferrari / Schumacher)
New engine regs is the only hope Renault have for building a competitive engine though.
They cant change the design of the current engine. Hands are tied behind their backs for now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprised that Daniel left Red Bull. Heard the rumours around Perth from the Ricciardo family that he was really unhappy with the "team" environment. Imagine seeing the Jos Verstappen constantly walking around the garage at EVERY race adding his 2c and talking to Marko like mates. What chance did Dan have at that team? None.

Shame that Vettel and Hamilton are so s**t scared of racing alongside Ricciardo that the only move away from Red Bull was to a currently inferior team. We F1 fans are in for some pain over the next 2 years, but after that who knows. I just want Dan to have 1 season, just 1 where he has a car that can challenge for a WDC.

Why would you not want a talented driver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
he's scared , like Vettel was in telling Ferrari not to take ADR, that he'll beat him.

GO ADR.

Do Renault have that kind of budget?

I reckon it went

DR - Pay me the same as Max or I walk
RB - You have no realistic alternative, take our offer
DR - I'm not playing number 2
RB - You are equal number 1s but hes worth more
DR - Bye
Verstappen is absolutely worth more due to:
his age - he will have a longer career than DR;
money he brings to the team - F1 has really exploded for the past couple years with the amount of Dutch fans at races. And it is not just they turn up at Belgium and that's it. They travel from race to race and probably give the team a a s**t load of merch sales. When I get a look at the crowd, it seems Red Bull maybe slowly overtaking Ferrari for fan support and Verstappen is the reason why.
Speed - Qualification results suggest Max is quicker than DR. He just hasn't found the consistency on race day that DR has which results in DR banking more race points. That is only due to age, remember he is only 20. More points and race wins will come with more experience.

Any chance Red Bull accelerate this process and send Ricciardo to Renault now in a straight swap for Red Bull owned Sainz?

Very doubtful Abiteboul and Horner are going to be on speaking terms for a while. Possibly ever.

Relations could already be described as frosty, I imagine now they're positively Siberian.

This a great call by Danny and one I was hoping he'd make (if he didn't get a Merc or Ferrari seat that is). RB have openly backed Verstappen as the future, have underpaid Ricciardo and didn't want him on the same money as Max. It didn't bode well. Max is also seriously fast and the longer Dan stayed his stock was at risk of dropping. Add in the Honda engine, Horner openly admitting 2019 will be a transition year, and RB looks a dead end in the short term.

Renault whilst being a huge risk is a works team, they've won championships previously with Alonso, and have improved every year since they came back in. He will also have the full support of the team and I'd back him in to beat Hulkenberg. Renault left Formula E at the end of 2017 to focus more on F1 and will be putting more funding into the team in future. Hopefully they have the guts to make a few necessary staffing changes like getting rid of Abiteboul for one, but basically there's a lot of upside here.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back