2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologies ,newb to NHL, Vegas first season in and nearly in final-have they had major concessions/relocated team?

They got to claim a player from each team last offseason, each team got to "protect" 7 players, so effectively vegas got each teams either 5th best fwd or 4th best defender.

After their process and draft people thought they got it wrong and would be a bottom feeder (myself included)

They obviously got it right.

Tampa move Palat to the stamkos-kucherov line with early dividends..tampa have come out with an extra step. ( although they got away with a trip before that second goal) caps unlucky there but tampa have been the better team.

Washington need to get their forecheck going

Tampa move Palat to the stamkos-kucherov line with early dividends..tampa have come out with an extra step. ( although they got away with a trip before that second goal) caps unlucky there but tampa have been the better team.

Washington need to get their forecheck going

Palat has been superb in the playoffs.

I liked Yanni with Johnson and Point too. The pressure from those three is insane.

Does anyone give the jets a chance to win this series?

You can get aroind $5 to come back and win it.

Vegas do seem to have too much speed, but there is some reason i can see winnipeg coming back...maybe just a silly hunch
Vegas won’t lose 3 straight

**** off Vegas. Enough said. They are a good team, lacking star power which makes them just seem bleh. Helps that in this day and age there is an over abundance of talent in the NHL so they can build a team easier... especially with NHL help.. like when the Suns and Giants came in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan Reaves with the GWG. What a time to be alive.

Not sure why anyone would be mad with Vegas playing in the finals.

Ryan Reaves with the GWG. What a time to be alive.

Not sure why anyone would be mad with Vegas playing in the finals.
Probably the same reason people don’t want to see the Suns or Giants have success. I’m not keen on any new sides getting a leg up from the league. I’d much rather them do their time and build up to it

Probably the same reason people don’t want to see the Suns or Giants have success. I’m not keen on any new sides getting a leg up from the league. I’d much rather them do their time and build up to it

True. It's better for the club and the league if they just go close this year :D

I'm not sure they got that much of a leg up though.

What leg up did the NHL give them?

I think they did very well from the concessions they were given compared to some other expansion teams. They did a good job setting up the team but I think they were given too much

Trade-Trade-Trade
Trade-Trade-Draft
Trade-Draft-Waivers
Draft-Draft-Trade

This was literally their forward group for the game today. If anyone gave them a 'leg up' it's the Panthers & other GM's.

Trade-Trade-Trade
Trade-Trade-Draft
Trade-Draft-Waivers
Draft-Draft-Trade

This was literally their forward group for the game today. If anyone gave them a 'leg up' it's the Panthers & other GM's.

Yeah, Marchessault was one of the more predictable improvers. But he's still massively exceeded expectations.

What leg up did the NHL give them?
The concessions for the expansion draft were better for them. The last expansion draft was 2 goalies, 7 forwards and 3 D or 1 G, 5 D and 9 F.

This draft (with one less team involved as the 2000 one was the BJs and Wild) was 1 G, 3 D, 7 F or 8 skaters in total if you didnt stick to that. Massive leg up in comparison.

The concessions for the expansion draft were better for them. The last expansion draft was 2 goalies, 7 forwards and 3 D or 1 G, 5 D and 9 F.

This draft (with one less team involved as the 2000 one was the BJs and Wild) was 1 G, 3 D, 7 F or 8 skaters in total if you didnt stick to that. Massive leg up in comparison.

Them having different expansion rules to a draft that was 18 years ago is not relevant to them playing in the SCF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back