2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct team won the series :p

*Looks at second round matchup* Yeah now we're ****ed.

Also I'm sounding like a broken record here, but those were two of the best 5 teams in the league there. They shouldn't be playing in the first round and one shouldn't be going home in the first round.

Correct team won the series :p

*Looks at second round matchup* Yeah now we're ******.

Also I'm sounding like a broken record here, but those were two of the best 5 teams in the league there. They shouldn't be playing in the first round and one shouldn't be going home in the first round.

You know what's ridiculous? The two best teams in the West (Nashville and Winnipeg) and the top two teams in the East (Tampa Bay and Boston) are facing each other in the second round.

You know what's ridiculous? The two best teams in the West (Nashville and Winnipeg) and the top two teams in the East (Tampa Bay and Boston) are facing each other in the second round.
As a neutral, seriously looking forward to the Nashville-Winnipeg matchup.

Winnipeg are Canada's last hope. Whod have thunk it.

The fact that Boston played that series and are now walking into a rested Tampa is daunting.

As a neutral, seriously looking forward to the Nashville-Winnipeg matchup.

Winnipeg are Canada's last hope. Whod have thunk it.

“Canada” only cares about their own teams.

It’s a North American media beat-up every year to think Canadian hockey fans automatically jump on board any Canadian city’s team. Doesn’t happen. No one but the dozen or so fans of the Politicians gave two hoots about Oddawa last year.

Caps and Pens were probably the two best teams in the comp for the previous 2 seasons but keep running into each other in the second round. It’s just how it is and that’s the rules so whilst I’d love to avoid the Pens I trust the system and have to deal with it. Just sucks that the Pens had to be so darn good at the time our window was open

It’s a North American media beat-up every year to think Canadian hockey fans automatically jump on board any Canadian city’s team. Doesn’t happen. No one but the dozen or so fans of the Politicians gave two hoots about Oddawa last year.
Ottawa played a terrible, boring brand of hockey that most neutrals would hate.

I'm sure plenty of neutral Canadians would jump on Winnipeg if they made a conference finals or a cup finals.

Ottawa played a terrible, boring brand of hockey that most neutrals would hate.

I'm sure plenty of neutral Canadians would jump on Winnipeg if they made a conference finals or a cup finals.

Happens every year. Last remaining team from a Canadian city gets declared "Canada's Team!" via the try-hard Canadian media and the smirking American media when the truth is complete indifference from neutrals with who ends up winning (Canadian fans may pick a team to cheer on but it won't be based on geography). Fans from Edmonton want the Jets to win because they want the American city streak of Cups to end? C'mon now...

"Canada's Team" wears red and white (with black from some unknown reason) and plays every four years.

Not entirely true PG

There is a touch of “my team and whoever is playing the Pens/Rangers/Bruins/Hawks” about many Canadians

While they won’t barrack - there is some interest

Source - living in Canada 06-11

Happens every year. Last remaining team from a Canadian city gets declared "Canada's Team!" via the try-hard Canadian media and the smirking American media when the truth is complete indifference from neutrals with who ends up winning (Canadian fans may pick a team to cheer on but it won't be based on geography). Fans from Edmonton want the Jets to win because they want the American city streak of Cups to end? C'mon now...

"Canada's Team" wears red and white (with black from some unknown reason) and plays every four years.
I know people who don't usually watch hockey but start during the playoffs to watch the Canadian teams play.

Have a family from Canada move a few doors down from us a couple of years ago. Mad Canucks fans and we often chat about hockey and we were chatting about the playoffs a couple of weeks ago and he said “ Hope the Jets go ok but screw the Leafs I hate those *****”.
He did say In his experience it’s a bit of a myth that Canadians will get behind other Canadian teams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not entirely true PG

There is a touch of “my team and whoever is playing the Pens/Rangers/Bruins/Hawks” about many Canadians

While they won’t barrack - there is some interest

Source - living in Canada 06-11

Exceptions to every rule.

The nation wasn’t cheering on the Canucks in the ‘11 Cup Final.

Quite the opposite if my Canucks’ fan sister is to be believed (and from memory).

Exceptions to every rule.

The nation wasn’t cheering on the Canucks in the ‘11 Cup Final.

Quite the opposite if my Canucks’ fan sister is to be believed (and from memory).
From what I generally observed, fans from Ottawa, Toronto and Montreal hate each other but don't mind seeing Western Canadian teams do well.

From what I generally observed, fans from Ottawa, Toronto and Montreal hate each other but don't mind seeing Western Canadian teams do well.

Numerous Bruins fans over there mainly due to Bobby Orr.

The notion from hockey media that every Canadian hockey fan gets their pom-poms out and starts cheering on the last Canadian team left each year is ridiculous. Then one gets the lazy old American media jumping on when the last Canadian city exits the playoffs.
Once most fans’ teams are out they don’t care where the winner is from.

So predictable. I was watching with a mate at work and told him at 2-0 we would lose. I’ve seen the same story a million times

A player born in Nebraska has 16 points in 7 games :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back