Prediction 2018 Wishful Headlines

Remove this Banner Ad

Boyhood mates named in the All Australian team after dominant seasons for the Saints! Jack Billings, named at half forward built on a great 2017, by averaging 2 goals per game and 24 disposals, most of them kicks. Jack Sinclair blossomed into one of the game’s elite wingmen and was named on the interchange after lifting his disposal numbers to 27. Sinclair had the highest disposal efficiency of any midfielder in the competition, and combined with top 5 for inside 50’s and top 10 for goal assists he could have easily been starting on ground. What a future these two young men have in the red, white and black.

Premiership coach Richardson in hot demand, plans dynasty at Moorabbin

Despite ain informal chat with Collingwood powerbroker McGuire, Alan Richardson distances himself from claims he would be looking to return to his old club to sprinkle some magic on the doomed outfit, saved from Wooden Spoon disgrace after sacking Nathan Buckley in Round 20 and installing caretaker coach Robert Harvey.

"Yeah nah it was really just a dare coffee with Ed where his want was to sound me out about returning to the pies in some capacity but I reckon Harves has done an outstanding job to get the pies finishing with 5 wins for the year and we are really focused on backing up and proving to the footy world that we didn't fluke it in like a few teams have recently".

Freeze Fame: tales of Nathan Freeman's grand final heroics have reached Hollywood with ex-teammate Nick Riewoldt in Hollywood meeting scriptwriters to discuss immortalising Freeman's 15-minute one man show that snuffed out Melbourne's temporary comeback at the start of the forth quarter.

Ben Affleck, present at the meeting said "Nick showed me the game, it was just incredible. He was everywhere. The Melborrne Devils just looked like kids chasing a leopard. I am seriously looking at turning this into a feature" Brendan Goddard, tagging along with his old mate to simultaneously pitch his own film admitted "I think we all thought Nathan was gone after 2017 but he just absolutely blew the comp away this year, and I can't believe we came really close to the Saints having both Freezer and Josh Kelly. They would be invincible by now."

Kings of the call: Joey and Dal hit primetime

the AFL has a new bordom-fighting commentary superduo, ex-teammates Leigh Montagna and Nick Dal Santo. Having replaced the depreciating Dwayne Russell and Dermott Brereton, footy viewers of all denominations have been lighting up switchboards to rave about how much more informative and interesting footy calls have been recently.

How do they do it? Well, explains an industry critic, their secret is firstly the synergy between the two, the clear bond developed after playing side by side for so long. Montagna calls the game dutifully, humbly and respectfully, never missing an important play and picking up on most strategic developments throughout the game in a way that eluded most of his predecessors. Dal Santo does a bit more of the colour work, taking up the slack from the previously popular insight master Dermott Brereton, and bringing it into the era of the modern game.

"They both keep the clubman banter to a tasteful minimum and fill all the resulting space with things that viewers actually want to know. Plus neither has that annoying voice that used to grate in the days of Russell and Brereton"

There are rumours abound that a holy trinity of Saints might be in the commentary box for next year, with Steven Baker and Justin Koschitzke both gaining game calling experience on SEN as Rex Hunt-style commentators with a wacky outlook, but this was not confirmed by Fox Footy.

Last edited:
Kings of the call: Joey and Dal hit primetime

the AFL has a new bordom-fighting commentary superduo, ex-teammates Leigh Montagna and Nick Dal Santo. Having replaced the depreciating Dwayne Russell and Dermott Brereton, footy viewers of all denominations have been lighting up switchboards to rave about how much more informative and interesting footy calls have been recently.
to be fair schreeching parrot and a screaming goat would be a better commentary dou than Derrrrwayne and Derrrrrrrrmot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back