Opinion 2019 & beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

I've done my team for what i think will be our premiership contending team... possibly end of 2020 but more likely 2021. I viewed this more in terms of what i thought was the right balance of player types positionally and whether we had them or not. I tried to be as critical and realistic as possible with the team.

Players in black in my mind are guaranteed to succeed and be of a high enough quality to play in a premiership winning side. Blue i'm less confident in these players so they may need to be replaced. This may be because they are still deficient in some area of their play and they might be more outside the best 22 come premiership time.

Red is obviously where we are missing a quality player for that position and green are players i would be considering could come into calculations although I have seen nothing of them so can't really comment.

upload_2018-3-14_12-55-15.png

As you can see I've got 2 versions of the team with the variation being the other HBF spot and moving Williamson and SPS around a bit. I also think that we are missing that creative HF in the likes of a Petracca, Billings, Stevie J, Greene hence why it's vacant in one. I think any of our existing mids would be wasted there except for Murphy but i expect him to have stopped playing by then.

I know some may say the backline is too tall but i liken them to the Geelong back 6 through their recent premiership years with Scarlett, Enright, Mackie, Taylor, Lonegan etc.

All the blue players ideally are the players i'd be looking to replace if we had the opportunity to strengthen somehow but would be great if they did come on. Even at their best, i'm still unsure on whether they would be good enough for what we need to win a premiership. If they do meet their potential then it basically means we're short 2 players (outside of the bolded items) from our best possible 22.

Last edited:
I've done my team for what i think will be our premiership contending team... possibly end of 2020 but more likely 2021. I viewed this more in terms of what i thought was the right balance of player types positionally and whether we had them or not. I tried to be as critical and realistic as possible with the team.

Players in black in my mind are guaranteed to succeed and be of a high enough quality to play in a premiership winning side. Blue i'm less confident in these players so they may need to be replaced. This may be because they are still deficient in some area of their play and they might be more outside the best 22 come premiership time.

Red is obviously where we are missing a quality player for that position and green are players i would be considering could come into calculations although I have seen nothing of them so can't really comment.

View attachment 469538

As you can see I've got 2 versions of the team with the variation being the other HBF spot and moving Williamson and SPS around a bit. I also think that we are missing that creative HF in the likes of a Petracca, Billings, Stevie J, Greene hence why it's vacant in one. I think any of our existing mids would be wasted there except for Murphy but i expect him to have stopped playing by then.

I know some may say the backline is too tall but i liken them to the Geelong back 6 through their recent premiership years with Scarlett, Enright, Mackie, Taylor, Lonegan etc.

All the blue players ideally are the players i'd be looking to replace if we had the opportunity to strengthen somehow but would be great if they did come on. Even at their best, i'm still unsure on whether they would be good enough for what we need to win a premiership. If they do meet their potential then it basically means we're short 2 players (outside of the bolded items) from our best possible 22.
great work, yubster :thumbsu:

2020 ...

Marchbank Macreadie. Schumacher.
Docherty. Weitering. Plowman.
O’Brien. Shiel. SPS.
Rankine. Charlie Curnow. Jack SOS.
Pickett. McKay. Fisher.

R. Kreuzer. Cripps. Dow.
I. Kennedy. Murphy. Williamson. Ed Curnow.

E. Cuningham. Byrne. Garlett.

Come at me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back