2019 Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to be wrong and for someone to repost this in 6 months but for me we will be 17th or 16th. We have no forward structure and we've had a poor trade season. Whilst we've picked good players we haven't picked the players we need. There are small glimpses of something clicking but it's not evident that the players understand what that thing is. I'm not a football expert as I am an import and have only actively been following for 5 years but we look suspended in time between numerous playing styles. I worry about our ruck and worry that our best positional players will be played in other positions as a compromise and due to a poor trade season. Going to be a long season me thinks.

Hopefully I am wrong!

Today's injury report suggests at least two of them will be running out in the RW&B before mid-season. It's up to them whether that will be in the AFL or the VFL.
Moz ... who knows?
The only one in serious doubt is Picko and given what he has done for the club - and perhaps can still do - I reckon it's not too big a price to pay to carry him for the year in the hope that he can play again.

I hope it pans out that way and Picken gets back too. But I suspect that its not that good, that we are effectively 4 senior spots down for the season. Hope I'm wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back