2019 LFFL Grand Final: The Ladyboys vs. Broome Bears

Remove this Banner Ad

Here we are at the deciding match of the 2019 LFFL season. With 10 teams initially starting, two dropping out and then six more eliminated, The Ladyboys host Broome Bears to decide this year's title. The Ladyboys made their first grand final last season after successive preliminary finals every year bar one previously, while the Bears had not made it to a final four in their first year, let alone a grand final, so this is their first time in the big dance.

The defence of both teams is strong, with Tom Stewart and James Sicily (Ladyboys) going up against Jake Lloyd and Nic Newman (Bears). Likewise the midfield battle will be intriguing with the Crouch brothers and Seb Ross going up against the massive improvers - which is hard to think for one of them - this season in Lachie Neale and Dion Prestia, as well as the elite Tim Kelly. Todd Goldstein has found another wind and comes up against the 10-year ruck of the Adelaide Crows because they will definitely not be touching any other ruck in the competition, in Reilly O'Brien,. Jack Steele and Dayne Zorko can be hit and miss as tacklers, but when they go big, they can reach double figures. Josh Dunkley is the stronger utility compared to Matthew Kreuzer which will come down to whether or not Kreuzer can play a score-friendly role around the ground. Up forward, Lance Franklin is the X-factor between the sides, while Charlie Dixon and Jake Melksham are underrated.

Defence = Bears (due to Rampe being a third option)
Midfield = Bears
Forward = Ladyboys
Tackler = Ladyboys
Utility = Ladyboys

Overall The Ladyboys have been the more consistent team this year and are as deserving as anyone of breaking through for their maiden flag after so many near misses, but the Bears have shown they can smash out massive scores, which if they can do on the day, can see them equal the Plovers record of a flag in their second season.

Last edited:
Ladyboys:
B: Tom Stewart (c)
B: James Sicily (vc)
CC: Dylan Shiel (OM)
F: Lance Franklin
F: Jamie Cripps
BM: Matt Crouch
IM: Brad Crouch
OM: Seb Ross
R: Sam Jacobs
T: Jack Steele
U: Josh Dunkley

Emergencies:
B: Darcy Moore
CC: Aliir Aliir (B)
F: Harris Himmelberg
IM: Andrew McGrath
BM: Brayden Fiorini
OM: Sam Powell-Pepper
R: Reilly O'Brien
T: Wayne Milera
U: Scott Lycett

Ryan Burton
Connor Blakely
Josh Jenkins
Jed Anderson
Mitch McGovern

Good luck Nuggets.

Last edited:
Broome Bears
B: Jake Lloyd (c)
B: Nic Newman
CC: Dane Rampe (B)
F: Charlie Dixon
F: Jake Melksham
IM: Lachie Neale (vc)
OM: Dion Prestia
BM: Tim Kelly
R: Todd Goldstein
T: Dayne Zorko
U: Matthew Kreuzer

Emergencies
B: Zac Williams
CC: Tom Jonas (B)
F: Eric Hipwood
IM: Jarrod Berry
OM: Zac Fisher
BM: Jack Steven
R: Tom Campbell
T: Angus Brayshaw
U: Shane Mumford

Best of luck to WAG, and hopefully I can pull this one off!

LIVE SCORES

Ladyboys: 586.75

B: Tom Stewart (c) [ 126 - 63x2 ]
B: James Sicily (vc) [38]
CC: Dylan Shiel (OM) [34.5]
F: Lance Franklin [63]
F: Jamie Cripps [10.5]
BM: Matt Crouch [59.25]
IM: Brad Crouch [25]
OM: Seb Ross [40.5]
R: Sam Jacobs [64]
T: Jack Steele [35]
U: Josh Dunkley [91]

VS

Broome Bears: 565.5
B: Jake Lloyd (c) [ 124 - 62x2 ]
B: Nic Newman [53]
CC: Dane Rampe (B) [42]
F: Charlie Dixon [42]
F: Jake Melksham [26.5]
IM: Lachie Neale (vc) [92]
OM: Dion Prestia [42]
BM: Tim Kelly [33]
R: Todd Goldstein [36]
T: Dayne Zorko [45]
U: Matthew Kreuzer [83]

Last edited:
Well come on!
Haha sorry, I was about to do it yesterday but got caught up playing NBA2k (as I got home early due to being a full weekend at the footy this weekend), and thought noone had any starting Pies/Bombers. Then woke up realised you had Shiel so I whipped it together. I'll put scores in the post above as they become relevant.

Ladyboys on the verge of the title... 586.75 on the board and out. The Bears are 233.25 points behind with Charlie Dixon, Dion Prestia and Dayne Zorko still in play. The Brisbane boys are about 93 on the board later in the third, Dixon barely in it, so hard to see the Bears coming back.

Need 55 from Dixon for the win now the Bears. At 32.5 midway through the third. This has got a lot closer thanks to the mammoth game from Neale.
Needs a little bit more I reckon. Tim Kelly only should have 33 points by my calculation sadly. Probably rules me out. A big choke not putting Zorko as utility and Hipwood in for Melksham, but was worried about Richmond shutting them out. Probably costs me the flag in the end. Oh well, onwards and upwards! Well done WAG too!

Needs a little bit more I reckon. Tim Kelly only should have 33 points by my calculation sadly. Probably rules me out. A big choke not putting Zorko as utility and Hipwood in for Melksham, but was worried about Richmond shutting them out. Probably costs me the flag in the end. Oh well, onwards and upwards! Well done WAG too!
I also have Kelly on 33 as a Balanced Mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit Late to the party here, hate being the bloke who didn’t care after he missed finals for the first time, did mean to check in.

Glad you stole a flag finally WAG the run could only go on so long!

Commiserations ChickenNuggets but great yiu have developed a strong list. It’s the great thing about this game, yiu can turn it around quickly and must be involved and drafting well every year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back