Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I hope it’s true. I don’t believe I made any comment on Tom Morris post. I’m pretty sure about that. A couple of others did
You did say the below... I’ll take his brothers word as my source on this was right. So I’m 1/2 so far;)
I’m not doubting that they could be fine but the club do not know that. Lethers said it and if knew they were fine he would have told us to put the supporter at ease. That’s logical
So why wouldn’t the club tell us that. Positive news would be good so there would be no need to keep it a secret. I honestly believe the club do not know yet.

You did say the below... I’ll take his brothers word as my source on this was right. So I’m 1/2 so far;)
Half right on what. That he won’t retire? I didn’t read anything from his brother saying he is playing round one or ok. I did read him calling out a journo for fake news. Something I never commented on. I want them both to get the all clear even if they never play footy again. And nothing has changed to make my 2 statements wrong.

Half right on what. That he won’t retire? I didn’t read anything from his brother saying he is playing round one or ok. I did read him calling out a journo for fake news. Something I never commented on. I want them both to get the all clear even if they never play footy again. And nothing has changed to make my 2 statements wrong.
you don't have pointy ears by any chance?

I like how plugger's opinion is mandatory every possible matter.

'Rooey's wearing a yellow shirt today on fox... whattaya got to say about that plugsy ya bastard!?'

Shower time's a bastard

TVzTGP8.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What rubbish.

Paddy’s talent isn’t the issue. If we hadn’t taken him he would have been taken at pick 2 or 3 & be wearing red & blue.

We weren’t spooked at all. We had a 32 yr old Roo backed up by Beau Wilkes & Tom Lee. Paddy & Petracca were line ball for most of the season... it was an obvious choice for us, especially in year 2 of a rebuild. Get your spine sorted first was universally the theory 5 years ago.

If Paddy has to call it quits its tragic that a young man has lost his dream.

Dancing on his football grave is pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"getting your spine sorted was the theory fives years ago"... yeah if you listen to pelchen, who was reciting the theory from 10 years ago! it was an obsolete theory! massively out of date! clubs by then were already moving to loading up on midfielders and those with running ability to provide pressure and spread!

i mean paddy himself was considered to be an undersized KPF by the standard of the time. remembering players like boyd, moore, daniher etc had recently been taken.

that theory was completely out the door the moment free agency entered and the game had moved to be more midfield and pressure orientated!!!!

it was not a line ball decision. petracca was universally seen as pick 1. it was a total shock we were going to call out his name. so much so that certain ITK posters started to label twoomey as being full of it. here's the thing though, paddy didnt even complete a full season in 2014. he was injured.

i'm not dancing on his football grave at all. what a terrible comment to flippantly throw around! its tragic what is happening to him. no one wants anyone to suffer concussion, let alone multiple times, but that should not take away from being able to criticise the selection to begin with. it had massive holes in it!

Last edited:
The answer is a simple yes or no according to the report. Tom didn’t report anything about it. At the moment it’s 50 50 until they get a result then it’s yes or no. Before you throw up a coin what are the odds. Yes 50 50 then after it’s thriwn it’s 100 head or tail
Just on your example - before you throw a coin in the air there are actually at least four possible options.

Heads

Tails

Lands on its edge

It never lands at all because it leaves the earths gravitational influence.

Likelihood = 25% each?

G'day folks, annoying fantasy-related question here but, how do you guys think Acres will go this year?

I know plenty of Saints fans who love him and have been forecasting his breakthrough for a while now but I noticed he didn't feature in the JLT series at all. Was that just protecting a valuable player or was it injury-related? And has there been any puff pieces about him having a strong pre-season or anything?

Cheers!

G'day folks, annoying fantasy-related question here but, how do you guys think Acres will go this year?

I know plenty of Saints fans who love him and have been forecasting his breakthrough for a while now but I noticed he didn't feature in the JLT series at all. Was that just protecting a valuable player or was it injury-related? And has there been any puff pieces about him having a strong pre-season or anything?

Cheers!
He hurt his back a few weeks ago but is all fine now. I would be surprised to see him round 1 but I do not doubt he will rack them up at Sandy and be into the best 22 within a couple of rounds. IF he is a good price he might be a good pickup in an early trade but I would hold off unless he pulls off a rnd1 call up.

The more adversity this group faces, the more that goes wrong, the more the media talks about us and our players, coaches, prospects, dilemmas - the more the chip on the shoulder grows. I get the feeling this is a real ‘us and them’ group fueled by a vengeful desire to prove everyone wrong. The current issues we face could help incite something special

The more adversity this group faces, the more that goes wrong, the more the media talks about us and our players, coaches, prospects, dilemmas - the more the chip on the shoulder grows. I get the feeling this is a real ‘us and them’ group fueled by a vengeful desire to prove everyone wrong. The current issues we face could help incite something special

+1

"getting your spine sorted was the theory fives years ago"... yeah if you listen to pelchen, who was reciting the theory from 10 years ago! it was an obsolete theory! massively out of date! clubs by then were already moving to loading up on midfielders and those with running ability to provide pressure and spread!

i mean paddy himself was considered to be an undersized KPF by the standard of the time. remembering players like boyd, moore, daniher etc had recently been taken.

that theory was completely out the door the moment free agency entered and the game had moved to be more midfield and pressure orientated!!!!

it was not a line ball decision. petracca was universally seen as pick 1. it was a total shock we were going to call out his name. so much so that certain ITK posters started to label twoomey as being full of it. here's the thing though, paddy didnt even complete a full season in 2014. he was injured.

i'm not dancing on his football grave at all. what a terrible comment to flippantly throw around! its tragic what is happening to him. no one wants anyone to suffer concussion, let alone multiple times, but that should not take away from being able to criticise the selection to begin with. it had massive holes in it!

More rubbish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just on your example - before you throw a coin in the air there are actually at least four possible options.

Heads

Tails

Lands on its edge

It never lands at all because it leaves the earths gravitational influence.

Likelihood = 25% each?

WHAT!!!
Paddy's going to leave the planet!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back