Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

The amount of concussions Paddy's had though, you couldn't blame him.

I wonder if we could get a compo pick for him at season's end given his high draft value? Carlton and Gold Coast got first pick of the state league players just by being shit!

The amount of concussions Paddy's had though, you couldn't blame him.

I wonder if we could get a compo pick for him at season's end given his high draft value? Carlton and Gold Coast got first pick of the state league players just by being shit!
There is no reason what so ever we would get any compensation

In the past Tom Morris has had some pretty good information. Helps that he was once employed by us. Doesn’t sound good for either player especially for Paddy.

Yep, he’s definitely one of the better journos. Just didn’t have anything new on Robbo. No news is good news so they say. Holding thumbs.

Well they just said on channel 7 that’s robbo will find out Friday and it’s as simple as yes or no on his career. 50 50 isn’t ideal.

Now I will cop it for saying this but if an apparent itk has information that sounds illogical I think it is there responsibility to maybe not broadcast the information especially on such a serious issue. To me the information given made no sense and should have stated quiet. And I say this whether they both play round one or not because it’s now obvious they don’t have any final results. Some things just don’t have to be mentioned as an apparent itk.
Its a discussion board Pluggs.
Why do you feel the need to nail someone to the wall?

Its a discussion board Pluggs.
Why do you feel the need to nail someone to the wall?
Because it’s a very serious topic. The brain and heart isn’t a sore knee. People believe things this person says and that’s their choice. Because of this I think he has a responsibility to sometimes reign things in if it sounds suss and this sounded suss. I had information on jack weeks ago but it was a serious topic that no one needed to know about. If as you say it’s a discussion board should I tell everyone now. Of course I shouldn’t

Because it’s a very serious topic. The brain and heart isn’t a sore knee. People believe things this person says and that’s their choice. Because of this I think he has a responsibility to sometimes reign things in if it sounds suss and this sounded suss. I had information on jack weeks ago but it was a serious topic that no one needed to know about. If as you say it’s a discussion board should I tell everyone now. Of course I shouldn’t
Correct. If it's confidential then it's confidential.

Unfortunately people think they have a right to know everything, which is quite ironic given everyone on here is anonymous and wouldn't like their private business shared on a public forum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just on marsh spoke with someone about him. had my wires crossed. he moved over east to play in the VFL. his bro is still here.

but here's the kicker, his best football was as a big body mid not a KPD. so it might actually make sense to see it as a replacement for bytel. we might still be looking at a KPD depth!

he played his state rep WAFL games as a big body mid, not as a KPD.

i guess what i'm saying is, do not assume he will be playing KPD. i hope we play him to his strengths and that he plays as a big body inside mid!

Tom Morris on 693:

His information is that Paddy is “strongly considering his future” in the game. Still feeling the effects. Says club will vehemently deny this.
He will get some percentage as compensation if he walks away from the game, there is some formula for this.
He thinks “he might never play again, but it’s up in the air.” So basically Tom is just hedging his bets for the moment.

Robbo’s wonky feeling is related to his heart. Waiting for tests, so really nothing new.

tom is mates with a lot of that era, remembering he worked at the club when they all came through.

i'd say his mail is spot on!

Last edited:
I take your point and possibly should have been kept private until the player and club made announcement.

However, we all have different standards for privacy and I think its unlikely we'd all call it or talk about it from the same perspective. Just sayin

Same reason Tim Kelly , Flying Ryan , Parker , Hind , Wilkie didn't get pick up till later.
The thing is with Marsh he has played AFL before and wasn't to bad.

got the run down on this. he had a pretty poor coach at east freo, so i think left after that. apparently he's just not that into footy as others, which means he can come off to some as disinterested or not dedicated. that can really rub up the old school coaches the wrong way. they wanna see the guys running through brick walls.

i think modern coaches know how to manage these types though. not everyone is as dedicated as say a bailey smith who won't touch booze because of the need to get drafted. others are like rance, easy come, easy go approach to footy.

Getting Max King is looking more & more like an astute selection. Succession plan post Paddy (& Roo).

Battle for Robbo. Marsh additional depth.

Unless his knee is Paddy’s head? We seem cursed.

I take your point and possibly should have been kept private until the player and club made announcement.

However, we all have different standards for privacy and I think its unlikely we'd all call it or talk about it from the same perspective. Just sayin
That's fine and I have no problem with that but as I have a different standard, well maybe, I surely have a right to say why I dont think it should have been said. Anyway as JB said there is more to life than footy. Well um actually unsure about that.

just on marsh spoke with someone about him. had my wires crossed. he moved over east to play in the VFL. his bro is still here.

but here's the kicker, his best football was as a big body mid not a KPD. so it might actually make sense to see it as a replacement for bytel. we might still be looking at a KPD depth!

he played his state rep WAFL games as a big body mid, not as a KPD.

i guess what i'm saying is, do not assume he will be playing KPD. i hope we play him to his strengths and that he plays as a big body inside mid!
If we're getting him for anything it's probably for the exact type of role Robbo plays I reckon. Not quite KPD, but can play it at a pinch if needed. The tall intercepting/rebounding flanker role.

Tom Morris on 693:

His information is that Paddy is “strongly considering his future” in the game. Still feeling the effects. Says club will vehemently deny this.
He will get some percentage as compensation if he walks away from the game, there is some formula for this.
He thinks “he might never play again, but it’s up in the air.” So basically Tom is just hedging his bets for the moment.

Robbo’s wonky feeling is related to his heart. Waiting for tests, so really nothing new.
Not surprising Paddy is considering his future. He can't exactly afford to have too many more head knocks.

If we're getting him for anything it's probably for the exact type of role Robbo plays I reckon. Not quite KPD, but can play it at a pinch if needed. The tall intercepting/rebounding flanker role.

i think you are right, although i was told his best footy was as a tall midfielder. so i hope its not another case of trying to turn him into something he's not as suited too.

maybe we will try both! we do have a need for both!

sounds like the backman version of what people want from acres!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back