Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
Basing on FlowersByIrene 2016 thread (couldn't find more recent thread), might be helpful to have this separate thread for team structure, and the other thread for general news, thoughts, opinions.

Thread Rules:
-Photos or Text allowed
-Constructive Criticism only
-Contribute to the thread by posting and rating other teams

For me, as said in other thread, planning to build up from locks and add over the course of the pre-season.

Current locks are 2 in each line currently.

D: Witherden (D2), ZWilliams (D4)
M: Zerrett (M1), BCrouch (M5)
R: Grundy (R1), Xerri (R4)
F: Dangerfield (F1), Setterfield (F4/5)

Aim is to keep a very open mind!

For me, as said in other thread, planning to build up from locks and add over the course of the pre-season.

Current locks are 2 in each line currently.

D: Witherden (D2), ZWilliams (D4)
M: Zerrett (M1), BCrouch (M5)
R: Grundy (R1), Xerri (R4)
F: Dangerfield (F1), Setterfield (F4/5)

Aim is to keep a very open mind!
Never heard of Xerri but Witherden, Williams, Zerret, Grundy, Danger and Setters will all be in my side too.

Personally, i'm on the younger Crouch bandwagon, but I see a lot of people chasing Brad.

While there is undoubted value in Brad. I think there are slightly better mid-pricers avaialble in the midfield who I will be going with over him. Defineitiely a year where you could go mid-pricer madness and get them all however (although trade cost to get to the final team will be difficult).

Never heard of Xerri but Witherden, Williams, Zerret, Grundy, Danger and Setters will all be in my side too.

Personally, i'm on the younger Crouch bandwagon, but I see a lot of people chasing Brad.

While there is undoubted value in Brad. I think there are slightly better mid-pricers avaialble in the midfield who I will be going with over him. Defineitiely a year where you could go mid-pricer madness and get them all however (although trade cost to get to the final team will be difficult).

Xerri is basically the 2nd in line ruckman at North, so if Goldy goes down, should get a game; and also is R/F so provides useful DPP (eg. Westhoff).

Xerri is basically the 2nd in line ruckman at North, so if Goldy goes down, should get a game; and also is R/F so provides useful DPP (eg. Westhoff).
Good call, interesting spanner in the works tho, there is still th epossibility that we may be getting R3 only and an additional Mid Bench spot, if that's the case it throws a lot of traditional planning out the window. Have we heard anything definitive on that yet from the Traders?

Def: J.Lloyd (104), L.Whitfield (105), C.Blakely (100), Z.Williams (86), S.Collins (66), H.Wigg (60) (F.Watson (51), H.Goddard (51))
Mid: P.Cripps (113), J.Kelly (114), S.Ross (113), Z.Merrett (113), B.Crouch (100), S.Walsh (70), C.Constable (60), B.Bewley (59) (W.Hayes (60), N.Hind (40))
Ruc: B.Grundy (118), M.Kreuzer (95) (D.Fort (50), D.Cameron (30))
Fwd: P.Dangerfield (109), J.Dunkley (103), I.Heeney (100), W.Setterfield (68), B.Cavarra (59), C.Taylor (60) (C.Nutting (60), J.Corbett (55))

Def: J.Lloyd (104), L.Whitfield (105), C.Blakely (100), Z.Williams (86), S.Collins (66), H.Wigg (60) (F.Watson (51), H.Goddard (51))
Mid: P.Cripps (113), J.Kelly (114), S.Ross (113), Z.Merrett (113), B.Crouch (100), S.Walsh (70), C.Constable (60), B.Bewley (59) (W.Hayes (60), N.Hind (40))
Fwd: P.Dangerfield (109), J.Dunkley (103), I.Heeney (100), W.Setterfield (68), B.Cavarra (59), C.Taylor (60) (C.Nutting (60), J.Corbett (55))

Do you think Hind will only avg 40?

I wouldnt pick a based rookie if i thought they would only avg 40

Even Venables avg a bit more than that before excluding injury

Good call, interesting spanner in the works tho, there is still th epossibility that we may be getting R3 only and an additional Mid Bench spot, if that's the case it throws a lot of traditional planning out the window. Have we heard anything definitive on that yet from the Traders?
Nothing yet. As far as I'm aware that was only polled at the end of season last year? At this stage the traders have shifted from 'around Australia day's to 'end of January's for the official fantasy release so I guess time will reveal all

Nothing yet. As far as I'm aware that was only polled at the end of season last year? At this stage the traders have shifted from 'around Australia day's to 'end of January's for the official fantasy release so I guess time will reveal all

Interesting points.
SC has the R3 only, but also a rolling lockout across the weekend so traditionally your R3 would be a non-playing rookie (esp. R/F if you could) so you could do loophole VC/C.
Given this year where we have a number of early Thursday games it would almost be worth considering that as a play so as to maximise your captaincy scores.

Hurn, Witherden, Williams, B.Smith, C.Ellis, rookie (rookie, rookie)
Kelly, Merrett, Curnow, Steven, Martin, Libba, Bennell, rookie (rookie, rookie)
Witts, Goldstein (rookie, rookie)
Dangerfield, Mundy, Kelly, Acres, Setterfield, rookie (rookie, rookie)

Really like the team.
Players I particularly like that are a bit unique: Blakely, Cripps, Ross
Players I'm not sure about: Whitfield, Kreuzer, Heeney

Hurn, Witherden, Williams, B.Smith, C.Ellis, rookie (rookie, rookie)
Kelly, Merrett, Curnow, Steven, Martin, Libba, Bennell, rookie (rookie, rookie)
Witts, Goldstein (rookie, rookie)
Dangerfield, Mundy, Kelly, Acres, Setterfield, rookie (rookie, rookie)

Hurn D1??? Haha.
But like the team. No Grundy is interesting.
Mundy, Acres, Curnow, Steven, Hurn all good players that will be very PODdy at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really like the team.
Players I particularly like that are a bit unique: Blakely, Cripps, Ross
Players I'm not sure about: Whitfield, Kreuzer, Heeney

Hurn D1??? Haha.
But like the team. No Grundy is interesting.
Mundy, Acres, Curnow, Steven, Hurn all good players that will be very PODdy at this stage.
Why are you not as keen on Whitfield, Kruezer, Heeney? I'm iffy as well but love hearing more opinions..

Why are you not as keen on Whitfield, Kruezer, Heeney? I'm iffy as well but love hearing more opinions..
I'm not iffy on Whitfield (although i won't be starting him) but I can see why people may be hesitant on him due to his capacity to be tagged.

Kreuzer, is possibly going to be my R2 but I can see why people may be hesitant on his durability.

As for Heeney, personally I think he's a 90 avergae max player who won't be a top 6 forward.

Not sure about prices so this team will be a little conservative to make sure i don't go over the salary cap

Lloyd, Laird, Whitfield, Williams, Collins, Williamson (Wigg, Goddard)
Neale, Merrett, M.Crouch, B.Crouch, Hannebery, B.Smith, Stocker, Constable (Bewley, Hind)
Grundy, Kreuzer (Cameron, Bines)
Dangerfield, Heeney, Wingard, Gresham, Setterfield, McAdam (Cavarra, Parker)

I'm not iffy on Whitfield (although i won't be starting him) but I can see why people may be hesitant on him due to his capacity to be tagged.

Kreuzer, is possibly going to be my R2 but I can see why people may be hesitant on his durability.

As for Heeney, personally I think he's a 90 avergae max player who won't be a top 6 forward.
Im thinking with Heeney more possible midfield time, so hopefully that brings more point. But Who else would you guys be picking outside of Heeney.

Im thinking with Heeney more possible midfield time, so hopefully that brings more point. But Who else would you guys be picking outside of Heeney.
I thought that with Heeney last year and it didn't eventuate, will it happen this year? Is there anything that would indicate that? You'd have to ask a Swans fan. To me, it just seems like he'll always be a flanker type moving through the midfield and having stints up forward and down back playing a mr fix-it role, but maybe this is the year who knows.

As for forwards, I'll be starting with Danger and Devon as two locks and most likely three rookies on field to start with Setterfield, McAdam and Corbett/Cavarra. Final forward spotwill either be a rookie, mid-pricer (not too many good mid-pricers but i'm sure you can find one) or a premium. If it were to be a premium i'd find the cash for Dunkely, Menegola or Wingard over Heeney i think.

Here is my current team that seems to change daily. Rookies dont matter they are just placeholders for now.

Used: $12,800,000 (100%), Remaining: $0 (0%) On Ground: $11,440,000 (89.4%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.6%)
Expected Total: 2065, Site Expected Total: 2098
Def: J.Lloyd (105), A.Witherden (100), N.Newman (90), B.Smith (80), Z.Williams (80), G.Birchall (80) (C.Burgess (50), H.Wigg (50))
Mid: M.Crouch (110), Z.Merrett (115), L.Neale (105), D.Martin (105), R.Sloane (105), B.Crouch (100), D.Hannebery (95), C.Constable (50) (W.Hayes (50), B.Bewley (50))
Ruc: B.Grundy (120), M.Gawn (110) (M.Flynn (50), D.Cameron (50))
Fwd: P.Dangerfield (105), J.Worpel (80), B.Cavarra (60), C.Nutting (50), J.Corbett (50), M.Ling (50) (J.Patmore (50), S.McAdam (50))

A weak forward line but there look to be a lot of potential rookie options. Worpel makes my team for now based off Titch being injured and having a solid end of year.

These are my arguments spot on haha PAFC27

Here is my current team that seems to change daily. Rookies dont matter they are just placeholders for now.

Used: $12,800,000 (100%), Remaining: $0 (0%) On Ground: $11,440,000 (89.4%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.6%)
Expected Total: 2065, Site Expected Total: 2098
Def: J.Lloyd (105), A.Witherden (100), N.Newman (90), B.Smith (80), Z.Williams (80), G.Birchall (80) (C.Burgess (50), H.Wigg (50))
Mid: M.Crouch (110), Z.Merrett (115), L.Neale (105), D.Martin (105), R.Sloane (105), B.Crouch (100), D.Hannebery (95), C.Constable (50) (W.Hayes (50), B.Bewley (50))
Ruc: B.Grundy (120), M.Gawn (110) (M.Flynn (50), D.Cameron (50))
Fwd: P.Dangerfield (105), J.Worpel (80), B.Cavarra (60), C.Nutting (50), J.Corbett (50), M.Ling (50) (J.Patmore (50), S.McAdam (50))

A weak forward line but there look to be a lot of potential rookie options. Worpel makes my team for now based off Titch being injured and having a solid end of year.

Too optimistic on too many midpricers
Risk that several of them (and even Gawn) go 10+ less than those predicted averages to be honest!

Also personally won’t be touching any second year players incl Worpel. I get your rationale but too often burned by second year blues.

The injury to Mitchell has certainly increased my interest in worpel but can’t currently find a place where I could bring him in. Currently settled on this but it’s changing every week as always at this time of year. Would also like to get witherden into the backline but unsure if he is worth the extra 100k over Newman depending how he scores as I can see him playing a very fantasy friendly role.

Def: J.Lloyd (103.32), C.Blakely (92.96), N.Newman (77.28), Z.Williams (58.94), C.Rozee (36.68), C.Burgess (23.80) (B.McKay (27.02), M.Hore (23.80))

Mid: J.Macrae (124.60), D.Beams (107.52), M.Crouch (106.54), Z.Merrett (103.04), B.Crouch (73.36), D.Hannebery (60.76), B.Bewley (23.80), T.Atkins (23.80) (M.Allen (50), C.Constable (23.80))

Ruc: B.Grundy (121.94), T.Goldstein (94.92) (J.Sweet (23.80), D.Fort (23.80))

Fwd: P.Dangerfield (107.94), T.Kelly (88.20), C.Wingard (83.72), W.Setterfield (35.14), B.Cavarra (25.48), S.McAdam (23.80) (J.Corbett (23.80), M.Lewis (23.80))

Currently, Rooks are placeholders at mo

Lloyd, Whitfield, Blakely, Williams, Clavarino, Answerth (Butts, Frederick)

Macrae, Cripps, Martin, Beams, Merrett, Stocker, Bewley, Duursma. (Ely Smith, Vandermeer)

Grundy, Kruezer. (Xerri, Fort)

Danger, Westhoff, Wingard, Greene, Setterfield, Cavarra (Burgess, schlensog)

Not set in stone with a watch on Whitfield, Blakely, Beams, Westhoff, Wingard, Greene and Kruezer.
Not sold on Macrae yet as he's priced at max and has North and Swans in the 1st 4 rounds, so his potential to drop in price is big.

What I have tried to do is utilise DPP on all lines so there are links Def/Fwd, Def/Mid, Mid/Fwd and Ruc/Fwd.

My locks...

Laird. Safe 100, won't be tagged.
Lloyd. Killed it last year, predicted points increase with new rules.
Cripps. Freak. Need I say more?
Zerrett. Priced very nicely and majority will run with him.
M Crouch. Knows how to find the pill. This is a dude who found more of the ball than Mitchell (2?) years back.
Grundy. Again, just a freak.
Dangerfield. Lost 4kg already, has been quoted as wanting to destroy this season. Ablett into forward line has been pretty much confirmed so I see an increase on last year for Danger.
Heeney. Controversial I know...but he's a safe 90 and honestly I think the forward line is risky at the top prices and falls off quickly afterwards.

Currently, Rooks are placeholders at mo

Lloyd, Whitfield, Blakely, Williams, Clavarino, Answerth (Butts, Frederick)

Macrae, Cripps, Martin, Beams, Merrett, Stocker, Bewley, Duursma. (Ely Smith, Vandermeer)

Grundy, Kruezer. (Xerri, Fort)

Danger, Westhoff, Wingard, Greene, Setterfield, Cavarra (Burgess, schlensog)

Not set in stone with a watch on Whitfield, Blakely, Beams, Westhoff, Wingard, Greene and Kruezer.
Not sold on Macrae yet as he's priced at max and has North and Swans in the 1st 4 rounds, so his potential to drop in price is big.

What I have tried to do is utilise DPP on all lines so there are links Def/Fwd, Def/Mid, Mid/Fwd and Ruc/Fwd.
Geez there's some great rookie names in there. Clavarino, Butts, Frederick and Duursma, but then Schlensog clearly takes the cake. Got no idea who or what a Schlensog is but if he gets a game this year he's in my team. Just get Irving Mosquito in there soon.
But really, I like this team, lots of strong picks although I think Beams, Kreuzer and Greene are too much of an injury risk and not that much room for improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back