2020 Formula One

Remove this Banner Ad

Ferrari have managed to go massively backwards over the last two years. Wasting the talent they have.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Boy oh boy, Verstappen is mighty in the wet. Norris is a revelation, and Ocon... Great stuff. I hope it's a wet race would be pretty amazing if it was.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

792ni9r569a51.png

The gap between P1 and P2 in Q3 was greater than the gap between P2 and P10.

Anyone that doesn't acknowledge Hamilton as one of the great F1 drivers of all time, is letting their personal dislike of him get in the way of an honest judgement.

There is an argument that 'well, he should be as the Mercedes is one of the most dominant cars in history' - but then you point to his teammates who never really came close (except for Rosberg) and if not for a blown engine in Malaysia 2016, he'd be going for title #8 and 7 in a row this year.

There is an argument that 'well, he should be as the Mercedes is one of the most dominant cars in history' - but then you point to his teammates who never really came close (except for Rosberg) and if not for a blown engine in Malaysia 2016, he'd be going for title #8 and 7 in a row this year.

Not to open this can of worms again but Rosberg had more than his share of mechanical issues in 2014 and took it to the last race.

Having said that, all personality and off-track stuff aside, nobody can genuinely say Hamilton isn't one of the best.

- Only Heikki Kovalainen has genuinely underperformed relative to Hamilton. Bottas hasn't beaten him, but has shown some potential and is not finished.

- If it weren't for a blown engine in Malaysia, Rosberg would've won a championship eventually. Hamilton picked up 4 junk time wins at the end of the season, as the 28 point difference between 4 1st & 2nd places didn't make any difference to the championship position in which Rosberg had the upper hand. Rosberg drove according to that.

- Referring to an exchange you had previously with I think Roland? He's had the easiest path to F1 to the start of his career, and it's still the case with the exception of Verstappen. He's always had the benefit knowing that if he reached a certain performance, he'd progress. He's never had to face the prospect of winning series in lower but not progressing. Other drivers have had the opportunity, but other drivers haven't done it while junior programs were unproven, and others are better off not being part of driver program.

Even Hamilton's first F1 season was a speculative one, which hasn't happened to anyone except for Damon Hill.

- The performance between McLaren and Ferrari in 2007-08 was pretty close, so it's questionable whether the McLaren was the best car. But even accounting for that, this period since 14 no one has driven comprehensively the best car in F1 history in both terms of races and seasons.

There! I held back. But it was too much this time!

- Only Heikki Kovalainen has genuinely underperformed relative to Hamilton. Bottas hasn't beaten him, but has shown some potential and is not finished.

- If it weren't for a blown engine in Malaysia, Rosberg would've won a championship eventually. Hamilton picked up 4 junk time wins at the end of the season, as the 28 point difference between 4 1st & 2nd places didn't make any difference to the championship position in which Rosberg had the upper hand. Rosberg drove according to that.

- Referring to an exchange you had previously with I think Roland? He's had the easiest path to F1 to the start of his career, and it's still the case with the exception of Verstappen. He's always had the benefit knowing that if he reached a certain performance, he'd progress. He's never had to face the prospect of winning series in lower but not progressing. Other drivers have had the opportunity, but other drivers haven't done it while junior programs were unproven, and others are better off not being part of driver program.

Even Hamilton's first F1 season was a speculative one, which hasn't happened to anyone except for Damon Hill.

- The performance between McLaren and Ferrari in 2007-08 was pretty close, so it's questionable whether the McLaren was the best car. But even accounting for that, this period since 14 no one has driven comprehensively the best car in F1 history in both terms of races and seasons.

There! I held back. But it was too much this time!

Button also beat him over the course of 2010-2012

Not to open this can of worms again but Rosberg had more than his share of mechanical issues in 2014 and took it to the last race.

Having said that, all personality and off-track stuff aside, nobody can genuinely say Hamilton isn't one of the best.
Rosberg would've likely beaten Hamilton in 13 if it weren't for mechanical failure. But that was for 4th, therefore no one gives a s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back