Position 2020 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 3, 2011
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man U, Jays, GS Warriors, Packers
Will you stretch out to get Lachie Whitfield's $800k+ price tag and take the punt on him not getting injured? Or is a more conservative approach required this season?

Lachie in at this stage. He works so hard so not sure if I could start without him. IMO, two most frustratingly annoying players in the league to watch when you don't have them are Whitfield and Treloar.

Will you stretch out to get Lachie Whitfield's $800k+ price tag and take the punt on him not getting injured? Or is a more conservative approach required this season?

Took me until round 18 to get Whitfield last season. Not making that same mistake. He will end up missing 6+ games through injury because he’s made of glass but you simply can’t miss his consistent 120+ scores when he plays.

By week 5 every team will have Whitfield, dusty and Devon Smith. F4-6 very tough. I reckon if jack Steven has a good marsh series he’s a lock. Wingard if he plays mid is a lock as well.

Took me until round 18 to get Whitfield last season. Not making that same mistake. He will end up missing 6+ games through injury because he’s made of glass but you simply can’t miss his consistent 120+ scores when he plays.

By week 5 every team will have Whitfield, dusty and Devon Smith. F4-6 very tough. I reckon if jack Steven has a good marsh series he’s a lock. Wingard if he plays mid is a lock as well.
Considering that I'm not starting with either Whitfield or Martin, it's gonna be pretty tough to have both of them in my team by round 5.
I expect both to be in my team at some stage of the year though.

Lachie in at this stage. He works so hard so not sure if I could start without him. IMO, two most frustratingly annoying players in the league to watch when you don't have them are Whitfield and Treloar.
Agree 100% with Treloar. I don't think I've ever owned him in fantasy, the way he runs and always calls for a one-two handball is just the worst

Dusty starts slow I think, will pay up for Whit but not Dusty

Dusty starts slow I think, will pay up for Whit but not Dusty
I'm not sold on that theory; statistically at least. It was only last season he started slow. His first 6 games from 2018 were a higher average than his season average of that year, and the season before (2017), his average from the first 6 games was 1 less than his season average.

Treloar is pretty durable though compared to Lachie

But yeah I get ya, Josh Kelly is like that for me

Treloar is pretty durable though compared to Lachie

But yeah I get ya, Josh Kelly is like that for me
I had JK all last year. Gosh, he was good to have BUT, he is always iced. So often when GWS have comfortably won a game, there'll be 7 minutes left and Kelly is 110 or so, but he won't be seen again. Quite frustrating.

Wingard getting a lot of mid time. Looks like he’s going to play a lot of mid this season. Will be taking him over dusty to start.
Dammit had him all preseason and now his ownership will increase a lot I reckon. I’m liking what I’m seeing, he’s just coasting through the mids and they always pass to him. With him and Devon in the fwd line I am more than happy to not start with Dusty

With Bonar tweaking his hamstring today, does he now become a non starter in your squad? That is assuming you were looking at starting him in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Bonar tweaking his hamstring today, does he now become a non starter in your squad? That is assuming you were looking at starting him in the first place.
Too expensive

I'm looking at expensive rookies in midfield though, I think I'll bat 5 deep forward if I can, then get 3 cheap rookies to rotate for F6 (hopefully Budarick and Close are options)

just when fwd line was starting to look comfortable...first Greenwood spuds up and Wingard heading there too. I wish I could start DMac but just can't for some reason, I am struggling to name 3 forwards who I think will average more than him
Dmac in my side now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back