2020 Tour de France

Remove this Banner Ad

Lovely intermediate sprint from QuickStep to maximise Bennett’s advantage over Sagan
Shocking from Sagan though, it needs to be said. Didn't even try to get over the top. Cost himself at least 2, possibly 4 points.

I only watched the last 1k, I think it's ok. Weird sprint finish, nobody wanted to get to the front, Caleb was lucky it opened up for him. Wout came from a long way back, I wonder how long they keep letting him go for the sprints, if he had of crashed today it makes a massive dent in their horsepower.

Think Sagan might have been harshly done by. If you watch closely some d!ckhead is holding his phone out on a selfie stick - if Sagan had held his line he would have worn it right in the face. He takes an immediate reflex action to avoid it.

So... I'm considering my viewing options. I'm sick of having Mike Tomolaris and his band of fools interrupting the excellent Keenan/McEwen/O'Donnell commentary. Let alone interruptions for idiotic things like Plat du Tour, Zwift promotions, and plugs for the ****ing Hardly Normal feed station.

Dave McKenzie reminds me of the old Wide World of Sports segment, where Mike Gibson asks Chappelli "What would you say if I told you that you repeat everything I say?", to which Chappelli's response is "Uhh, what would I say if you told me I repeated everything you say?". McKenzie adds nothing whatsoever to the coverage, even less than Tomolaris, who himself adds nothing but frustration.

Normally I watch the TV Broadcast, albeit on delay (recording to PVR and watching in "chase play" mode). The main reason I stick with the TV broadcast is the 1080p picture, and the knowledge that I can zap past the ads, Plat du Tour, and any time Tomo's ugly face appears on my screen. I start around 1hr behind, and normally finish reasonably close to "Live". I've done it this way for years, and historically it's been a pretty good solution - but this year the constant interruptions from Tomo have become longer, more frequent, and are now completely intolerable.

I have an Android TV, with the SBS On Demand app installed, not the Tour Tracker. Does anyone know if the feed on the SBS on Demand feed is from the Tour Tracker, or the TV? The primary objective here is to eliminate Tomo's incessant and unnecessary interruptions. There are two downsides to watching it via the app - by far the more important is the picture quality, with the app only working at 720p (vs 1080p for the TV broadcast), it also means starting my viewing an hour earlier as I lose the ability to "zap".

Tomo's constant interruptions are so annoying that I'm seriously considering watching via the app, even at the lower resolution... but that assumes the SBS on Demand app doesn't show his drivel. Is this a valid assumption?

So... I'm considering my viewing options. I'm sick of having Mike Tomolaris and his band of fools interrupting the excellent Keenan/McEwen/O'Donnell commentary. Let alone interruptions for idiotic things like Plat du Tour, Zwift promotions, and plugs for the ****ing Hardly Normal feed station.

Dave McKenzie reminds me of the old Wide World of Sports segment, where Mike Gibson asks Chappelli "What would you say if I told you that you repeat everything I say?", to which Chappelli's response is "Uhh, what would I say if you told me I repeated everything you say?". McKenzie adds nothing whatsoever to the coverage, even less than Tomolaris, who himself adds nothing but frustration.

Normally I watch the TV Broadcast, albeit on delay (recording to PVR and watching in "chase play" mode). The main reason I stick with the TV broadcast is the 1080p picture, and the knowledge that I can zap past the ads, Plat du Tour, and any time Tomo's ugly face appears on my screen. I start around 1hr behind, and normally finish reasonably close to "Live". I've done it this way for years, and historically it's been a pretty good solution - but this year the constant interruptions from Tomo have become longer, more frequent, and are now completely intolerable.

I have an Android TV, with the SBS On Demand app installed, not the Tour Tracker. Does anyone know if the feed on the SBS on Demand feed is from the Tour Tracker, or the TV? The primary objective here is to eliminate Tomo's incessant and unnecessary interruptions. There are two downsides to watching it via the app - by far the more important is the picture quality, with the app only working at 720p (vs 1080p for the TV broadcast), it also means starting my viewing an hour earlier as I lose the ability to "zap".

Tomo's constant interruptions are so annoying that I'm seriously considering watching via the app, even at the lower resolution... but that assumes the SBS on Demand app doesn't show his drivel. Is this a valid assumption?
Tour tracker on the sbs website has no ads

Tour tracker on the sbs website has no ads
I want to know which feed the SBS on Demand app takes - the TV feed, or the Tour Tracker feed. I guess the only way to find out is to test it myself.

I'm not worried about the ads. I can zap straight past them very easily while watching in chase-play mode. It's the endless and incessant interruptions by Tomolaris, and his band of fools, which annoys and frustrates me to the point that I'm yelling "STFU" at the TV screen in the middle of the night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to know which feed the SBS on Demand app takes - the TV feed, or the Tour Tracker feed. I guess the only way to find out is to test it myself.

I'm not worried about the ads. I can zap straight past them very easily while watching in chase-play mode. It's the endless and incessant interruptions by Tomolaris, and his band of fools, which annoys and frustrates me to the point that I'm yelling "STFU" at the TV screen in the middle of the night.
It's the TV feed without ads is my recollection once the TV is running. The Tour Tracker app is the go, you can cast to the TV and it is uninterrupted from start to finish, don't need to install anything on your TV.

It's the TV feed without ads is my recollection once the TV is running. The Tour Tracker app is the go, you can cast to the TV and it is uninterrupted from start to finish, don't need to install anything on your TV.
I will give it a go, but my experience with casting hasn't been good so far - albeit limited to casting the WatchAFL stream.

Think Sagan might have been harshly done by. If you watch closely some d!ckhead is holding his phone out on a selfie stick - if Sagan had held his line he would have worn it right in the face. He takes an immediate reflex action to avoid it.
There's a reason I refer to them as w***er Sticks.

Expect a decently hard sprint from Sagan and Bennett at the intermediate, for whatever points are available.

Expect a break to succeed. If Simon Clarke were here it'd be tailor made for him. I reckon Impey would be a chance if he went off the front

I just watched the Daily Highlights package, which SBS broadcast at 5pm. Dear God it's awful! Even in the condensed version, they still manage to insert Tomolaris & Plat du Tour in the middle of the racing. Seriously?
I don't mind the Plat du Tour but last year's format of doing 30 minutes of Tomolaris stuff up front and then 5 minutes of the cooking was a much better format.

I don't mind the Plat du Tour but last year's format of doing 30 minutes of Tomolaris stuff up front and then 5 minutes of the cooking was a much better format.
I just zap past it, regardless of where it is in the broadcast, and whether it's "Taste le Tour" or "Plat du Tour". I'm interested in the bike race, everything else is useless filler.

It makes a lot more sense squeezing it in before the start of the race. Putting it on in the middle of the stage is batshit insane.

Sagan now 70 points behind Bennett
With 360 points left in the tour. If the break succeeds today (which I reckon it will), that's 50 points Sagan won't get unless he joins it, in which case I suspect Bennett would as well, and I doubt either will win on that last mini climb anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back