Fixture 2021 AFL Finals Series - Week 1 Fixture - CONFIRMED - Milestones - Hawkins 300

Remove this Banner Ad

The main point is still we got booted off our choice by the AFL does not matter if Essendon have more supporters in this state or another or our win loss record, our choice got taken off us.
Yeah I get that, but it is at most a minor inconvenience

If people flipped out about every minor scheduling inconvenience this season we wouldn’t even be getting a finals series

Don’t care that it’s in tassie. What hurts the most is.. we would have had 80k plus at the G without Covid. Even Adelaide oval I reckon we would have got 40+.

Don’t care that it’s in tassie. What hurts the most is.. we would have had 80k plus at the G without Covid. Even Adelaide oval I reckon we would have got 40+.
Yep it’s a real shame. How about the long suffering Dees fans as well? Would have been a huge advantage at the G in front of a big crowd. Mind you I don’t care if we won a grand final in Dubbo in front of 3 dogs and 7 disinterested locals who got lost on their way to the shops.

Yep it’s a real shame. How about the long suffering Dees fans as well? Would have been a huge advantage at the G in front of a big crowd. Mind you I don’t care if we won a grand final in Dubbo in front of 3 dogs and 7 disinterested locals who got lost on their way to the shops.

Yep bloody sucks for you guys. Especially if you make the grand final too. You would have packed out the G sat night and it would have been buzzing.

It’s a joke that important games are played in Launceston. Windy, suburban dump with a no doubt poor, thankless crowd.
So you have not been there. Launceston is not windy, that is one of its issues . It is in a valley and often a lack of air movement is the issue.
its a wonderful town With a ton of character unlike those soulless qld towns .

The ironical thing is the Gabba gets frequent thunderstorms with torrential rains and huge winds which makes decent play in an sport impossible . :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So you have not been there. Launceston is not windy, that is one of its issues . It is in a valley and often a lack of air movement is the issue.
its a wonderful town With a ton of character unlike those soulless qld towns .
So you are saying all those games we see on TV where there is a 5 goal breeze to one end is just an illusion

So you are saying all those games we see on TV where there is a 5 goal breeze to one end is just an illusion

Yes it can get a bit swirly at York Park, but it's no comparison to Bellerive Oval in Hobart, which is located on a peninsula of the Derwent river and regularly does have a true 5/6 goal breeze!

Back in 'my day' I once kicked a goal three steps from the center circle to the Church street end at Bellerive, just before I got poleaxed by Jack Riewoldt's father, Chris, which was his usual style of play back then...

Last edited:
Didn’t you win down there this year? And we lost down there 2 weeks ago. See if you can figure it out now….

Besides, AFL say that the home teams decide where they want to play. We said Adelaide. They said no, you play in Tassie.
Yeah but we won our last Marvel game and you lost yours. Does that mean Dogs are disadvantaged if it's played there? I doubt 1 game suddenly gives us an advantage.

I understand the second point and I agree with that. Dogs should have the choice given it's a Bulldogs home final. I just don't believe it makes a difference.

Yeah but we won our last Marvel game and you lost yours. Does that mean Dogs are disadvantaged if it's played there? I doubt 1 game suddenly gives us an advantage.

I understand the second point and I agree with that. Dogs should have the choice given it's a Bulldogs home final. I just don't believe it makes a difference.

It's probably because we kicked 5 goals in a game the last time we played there 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of very disappointed juniors on getting kicked off utas stadium for their Grand final day.

Would've been interesting had the Dogs beaten Port by a few points. Power would've finished 3rd, and played the Cats - wonder where the game would've been played? Cats do play well at AO as it's not too dissimilar to Kardinia Pk in dimensions, and I'm sure the Cats wouldn't have wanted to travel to Perth, or Tassie for that matter.

I can't believe I grew up for 25 years in Launceston.... they've got 2 finals and us here in Melbourne have none

Yep, 6-7k more people at York Park.
UTAS stadium only holds 1500 more than Blundstone but obviously has more seats but that is irrelevant because crowds are capped at 10000.

Irrespective of where the games are played, teams outside the top 4 have a real chance this year? Only Port Adelaide are certainties against the lazy bones, then they have a break which might be detrimental as they don't have much physical opposition this week.
Melbourne were shocking in the first half against Geelong and i think the Lions will tumble them. Do Brisbane get a home Preliminary if they win? If they don't, then The Swans are the team to watch, they will cream GWS and the Dogs v Bombers could give Essendon a real chance of going all the way to the GF? Can the Dogs turn the corner? Their match could decide who plays off?
My early GF prediction is Swans V Dogs or Bombers? The rest might come a cropper.... It's wide open with 6 very good teams having a go. Neither GWS or Geelong will feature.

Irrespective of where the games are played, teams outside the top 4 have a real chance this year? Only Port Adelaide are certainties against the lazy bones, then they have a break which might be detrimental as they don't have much physical opposition this week.
Melbourne were shocking in the first half against Geelong and i think the Lions will tumble them. Do Brisbane get a home Preliminary if they win? If they don't, then The Swans are the team to watch, they will cream GWS and the Dogs v Bombers could give Essendon a real chance of going all the way to the GF? Can the Dogs turn the corner? Their match could decide who plays off?
My early GF prediction is Swans V Dogs or Bombers? The rest might come a cropper.... It's wide open with 6 very good teams having a go. Neither GWS or Geelong will feature.

I would have thought the absence of a pre-finals bye will make it harder for teams outside of the top 4.

The Swans are the team to watch, they will cream GWS

No chance. They're 2-0 against us in finals and are hitting some great form while we have plateaued and been hit with some key injuries (which I can't really complain about as we've had a great run this year but no Blakey, JPK and Mills hurts).
We're a strong chance no doubt but it will be a close one which ever team wins.

The AFL games don't start till 3:20PM. They couldn't play the local games before then? Midday start or something? Curtain raiser?
Nah mate they have about 6 games across the whole day,maybe they could delay grand final for another week as all other grounds would be in s**t condition

Nah. No pre-finals bye makes it extremely hard. Sydney has its own injury issues and it would not surprise me in the slightest if GWS beats them. Also, Essendon leaks goals; they have the worst defense in the top 8, and against the top 4 they will get scored heavily against. If Bulldogs can get their s**t together they are the only team, but stringing four wins on the road will be difficult.

Like 90% of the time, the two grand finalists will be from the top 4. There hasn't really been anything to show any different this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back