2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Draft night one pick, second night no picks and Rookie Draft we will likely recycle players regardless of who we pick we all have a good idea. I’m going to call our draft night now:

Pick 3 - Callaghan
Pre Selection - Uwland
Pre Selection - Stevens
Rookie A - Casboult
Rookie A - Pass (Leave 1 spot open)
Rookie B- Bella

We go into preseason with 38 listed players, 8 Cat A Rookies and 2 Cat B rookies. Total 48 players. Seems like our draft is premeditated
Didn't cameron mention only 2 academy players?

We have 38 contracted main list players. Have to make 3 selections in this draft hence why we need to move 3 out
Of course. For some reason, I wasn't factoring in the pre-list rookies into calculations with the list spots, since the list spots on the rookie list are vacant.

Thompson has two years to run on his contract and MacPherson aren’t they trying to smooth his contract out over 2 years? That’s why I reckon they would be safe
You could be correct that the club would ask players with one year left on their contract although rookies can have multiple years contracts.

If that's the case, McLennan, Graham and Corbett. I value Burgess as utility depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First Draft night one pick, second night no picks and Rookie Draft we will likely recycle players regardless of who we pick we all have a good idea. I’m going to call our draft night now:

Pick 3 - Callaghan
Pre Selection - Uwland
Pre Selection - Stevens
Rookie A - Casboult
Rookie A - Pass (Leave 1 spot open)
Rookie B- Bella

We go into preseason with 38 listed players, 8 Cat A Rookies and 2 Cat B rookies. Total 48 players. Seems like our draft is premeditated
Callaghan will be pick 2. GWS or whoever they trade pick 2 with, will draft him. It may be GCS, However, a deal would need to be done.

Callaghan will be pick 2. GWS or whoever they trade pick 2 with, will draft him. It may be GCS, However, a deal would need to be done.

You seem confident. But I wouldn’t expect GWS to trade down cause if they do and the Suns have pick 3 and if Callaghan is gone there goes there key position player. Suns will pick either Andrew or Gibcus.

Last edited:
I’m honestly not too fussed who we get right now. I can see positives for all of Andrew, Callaghan, Gibcus, Hobbs & Ward.

Still a month away, I bet we’ll be linked with all of them anyways. Just gotta wait and see

Who said gibcus is a flight risk ? He’s already a journeyman … and a QLDer

"I don't mind where I go. I've travelled around a fair bit which I think has helped me and I can understand how moving works. I'll just take the opportunity as it comes and whoever picks me on draft night I'll go and give it everything I've got," he told AFL.com.au.

I'm sure these kids get media training to straight bat everything, but that's the sort of thing you want to hear.

Once one VFL person says it then the sheep start saying it in here too.

I thought that comment was attributed to Craig Cameron. Maybe he was trying to put GWS off the scent. I’m not too fussed about who we draft this year. We need improvement next season & I doubt these draftees will play a key role in that. I like the look of Mac Andrew, but am happy to trust our list management team

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whose instigated all
Of the above?
The clubs review process or coaches wanted the change up/leave
Word is it was the dude who left (Dew's mate) that instigated it all - doesn't make sense re the Academy. Very strong last two years given Covid and consistent success against Brisbane. Torney very unlucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back