2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Coch somewhat deflective when Browny questioned him about Dew on On The Couch last night.. I think if we dont see some wins then Dew is gone. Like others have said we need an Experienced coach, and the AFL should be doing whatever it can in its power to help us get one.

The Coch somewhat deflective when Browny questioned him about Dew on On The Couch last night.. I think if we dont see some wins then Dew is gone. Like others have said we need an Experienced coach, and the AFL should be doing whatever it can in its power to help us get one.
Thought the same thing.
We’ll see how we perform for the rest of the year and look at it then. Not a glowing endorsement for someone contracted until 2022.

Yeah he also says we need some senior people but never said we need senior people to support Dew

Yeah he also says we need some senior people but never said we need senior people to support Dew
Isn’t that why we have Neil Craig already?
Also does Neil Craig sit next to him in the dug out on game day offering that support or is it only mid week at training etc?
I’d like to see Dew in the coaches box myself with his team next to him bouncing ideas around.

I’d like to see Dew in the coaches box myself with his team next to him bouncing ideas around.

This is what I want..

Leigh Matthews said can’t see anything from the bench .. when I said this a couple of weeks ago people referred to fagan but obviously he has a better coaching group around him

I really hope we have a look at Billings. Cops a lot of unnecessary flak because he was drafted in front of Bontempelli but his field kicking is absolute silk. Would allow us to move Lukosius to half back and have Billings at half forward or on the wing to set up scoring chances.

I really hope we have a look at Billings. Cops a lot of unnecessary flak because he was drafted in front of Bontempelli but his field kicking is absolute silk. Would allow us to move Lukosius to half back and have Billings at half forward or on the wing to set up scoring chances.
I feel like we need more tough harden players. Not players that are skilful but go missing too easily during games.
I feel like we have a tonne of those already.

I feel like we need more tough harden players. Not players that are skilful but go missing too easily during games.
I feel like we have a tonne of those already.
20+ touches a game off a half forward flank is hardly going missing. We also don't have enough space for more full time contested inside mids, evidenced by the fact that Brodie cant get a game. Good runner, elite disposal, elite decision maker and wouldn't have to trade assets to acquire him.

He also torches us every time we play against St Kilda

EBAY
WILLING TO TRADE PICKS 3 19 22 FOR
3 TO 5 MATURE 25 TO 29 BEST 22 FOOTBALLERS Prefer KPP or Midfielders ( no small bodied or under 21 needed)
Leadership qualities and strong work ethic would be a plus.
Contact Gold Coast Suns AFL.
I feel Mitch Wallis would be ideal, if there's any chance of him leaving Victoria. Best part is he wouldn't cost any picks given he's a free agent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what I want..

Leigh Matthews said can’t see anything from the bench .. when I said this a couple of weeks ago people referred to fagan but obviously he has a better coaching group around him
Fagan also lost majority of his games first 2 seasons in charge, and improved so does work.
Dew has down it for 4 years now and no improvement

Dew was in the box early on I remember seeing on fox footy someone throwing lollies in the window and him catching them and eating 🤣
Just re-watched the clip posted above and it looks like the lolly was thrown into the "Coaches Club" corporate room just behind the interchange bench. Although I'm pretty sure he was up in the actual coaches box for what I think was the first year or two.

EBAY
WILLING TO TRADE PICKS 3 19 22 FOR
3 TO 5 MATURE 25 TO 29 BEST 22 FOOTBALLERS Prefer KPP or Midfielders ( no small bodied or under 21 needed)
Leadership qualities and strong work ethic would be a plus.
Contact Gold Coast Suns AFL.
Cmon mate you know the Suns would trade 3,19,22 for a cooked 35 yo. And then trade out Luko and Rowell for peanuts to pay for them 😂

Billings - soft as, already got them.

Crouch - injury prone and plays Rowell's role

Unfortunately we don't need any midfielders unless we get rid of one.

Tall midfielders (with good contested work) - Anderson/Brodie/Greenwood/Davies
Medium midfielders - Bowes/Fiorini/Hollands/Swallow
Small midfielders - Flanders/Miller/Rowell/Weller

Would love a Zac Merrett type to fit in there

As you can see we they are basically all first rounders;
#1 Rowell, #1 Swallow, #2 Anderson, #2 Weller, #7 Hollands, #9 Brodie, #10 Bowes, #11 Flanders, #20 Fiorini, #29 Miller . Greenwood/Davies freebies

Writing it out actually makes me sick how our conversion rate is so low

This is the first year that Matt Crouch has missed a chunk of games due to injury, every other year he's been fairly durable.

Will be interesting to see what happens to him at the end of the year, and if he's able to get any gametime in before seasons end.

This is the first year that Matt Crouch has missed a chunk of games due to injury, every other year he's been fairly durable.

Will be interesting to see what happens to him at the end of the year, and if he's able to get any gametime in before seasons end.
i reckon he will stay. no one has proper money for him now. adelaide are tracking back up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back