2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recency bias there. Brisbane had just as bad retention issues as us up until that wave of 2016 players have come through and even then it wasn't known how committed they were until about 2018.

in the 4 years prior to Fagan they'd lost: Sam Docherty, Elliot Yeo, Jared Polec, Billy Longer, Patrick Karnezis, Joel Patfull, Jack Redden, James Aish, Matthew Luenberger, and Pearce Hanley (and while many of these guys are not guns of the competition, at they time they were highly rated first round picks at the end of their first two year deals)

And only gained: Trent West, Allen Christensen, Dayne Beams (came home for his dad), Ryan Bastinac, Josh Walker, Jarred Jansen, and Jack Frost

and then in his first two off seasons moved on Tom Rockliff (retired), Josh Schache(fringe), Sam Mayes (fringe), and Dayne Beams (retired)
and recruited Charlie Cameron (2xAA), Luke Hodge (retired but was in a mentor role), Lachie Neale (2xAA, Brownlow medalist), Lincoln McCarthy (36 goal small forward this year), Jarryd Lyons (gun), and Marcus Adams (good key defender)

Dew on the other hand has moved on some very talented players, and has really only gotten any of our good recruits - Greenwood and Ellis over the line by offering them money and years that their previous club wouldn't. He also delisted Lyons, traded Wright for peanuts, lost Martin for nothing and brought in Atkins on 400k a year for 4 years.

Fagan is clearly a lot better at recruiting than Dew and I don't believe its because Brisbane were a 'more attractive' prospect at the time.

Gee you smashed that debate. The use of facts instead of sweeping generalisations was compelling.

Anyone making excuses for Dew are fighting an uphill battle.

Recency bias there. Brisbane had just as bad retention issues as us up until that wave of 2016 players have come through and even then it wasn't known how committed they were until about 2018.

in the 4 years prior to Fagan they'd lost: Sam Docherty, Elliot Yeo, Jared Polec, Billy Longer, Patrick Karnezis, Joel Patfull, Jack Redden, James Aish, Matthew Luenberger, and Pearce Hanley (and while many of these guys are not guns of the competition, at they time they were highly rated first round picks at the end of their first two year deals)

And only gained: Trent West, Allen Christensen, Dayne Beams (came home for his dad), Ryan Bastinac, Josh Walker, Jarred Jansen, and Jack Frost

and then in his first two off seasons moved on Tom Rockliff (retired), Josh Schache(fringe), Sam Mayes (fringe), and Dayne Beams (retired)
and recruited Charlie Cameron (2xAA), Luke Hodge (retired but was in a mentor role), Lachie Neale (2xAA, Brownlow medalist), Lincoln McCarthy (36 goal small forward this year), Jarryd Lyons (gun), and Marcus Adams (good key defender)

Dew on the other hand has moved on some very talented players, and has really only gotten any of our good recruits - Greenwood and Ellis over the line by offering them money and years that their previous club wouldn't. He also delisted Lyons, traded Wright for peanuts, lost Martin for nothing and brought in Atkins on 400k a year for 4 years.

Fagan is clearly a lot better at recruiting than Dew and I don't believe its because Brisbane were a 'more attractive' prospect at the time.

Thank you. In short…..Sack Dew!!

Righto then what do you consider fair value for a 9 game 11 goal player who has been in the system for 4 years?
you forgot that has been suspended for 10 games and kicked out of QLD for disciplinary reasons.

** Before Richmond fan tells me he was the u18 captain of SA

Not saying we will get more value just that we rate him very highly and would not want to lose him.

CommittedSuns 9 games 11 goals is really not a true indication as to his worth if it was clearly the suns would have no interest in him
He would have played last year when soldo went down with the knee injury and the suspension actually cost him a premiership medal but just in the games he has played he played and showed he is clearly at the level and not many Ruck's really do much before 21 years of age.

The Kings Ransom - How would this be a bad thing ?
Cj certainly has leadership qualities and apart from the kebab gate with stack (no guessing who would have instigated that) has been a great kid all the way through.

Would really hope he re commits and stays a Richmond player but if he did leave as i mentioned in a previous post i would rather he went to the suns than another team.

Richmond and GC seem to be on good terms with trades and usually things get done so im thinking both teams will trade well

Now can we have our boy back - Elijah

Not saying we will get more value just that we rate him very highly and would not want to lose him.

CommittedSuns 9 games 11 goals is really not a true indication as to his worth if it was clearly the suns would have no interest in him
He would have played last year when soldo went down with the knee injury and the suspension actually cost him a premiership medal but just in the games he has played he played and showed he is clearly at the level and not many Ruck's really do much before 21 years of age.

Cj certainly has leadership qualities and apart from the kebab gate with stack (no guessing who would have instigated that) has been a great kid all the way through.

Would really hope he re commits and stays a Richmond player but if he did leave as i mentioned in a previous post i would rather he went to the suns than another team.

Richmond and GC seem to be on good terms with trades and usually things get done so im thinking both teams will trade well

I have seen your trade board and plenty of supporters think CCJ is worth a first round pick and that you can bend us over and we will cave.

A start of second rounder is fair. Agree rucks take longer to develop but didn’t you guys get Nankervis for a 3rd rounder? We got Witts for a 3rd rounder so history suggests a first rounder is off the mark

As for Elijah you can have him for two first rounders. It’s called the CCJ rule of over valuing your clubs contracted players 🤪

Zombie because he looks and acts older than he really is. He's only 22 so obviously there's still room to put on even more size and really become that power forward who physically bullies his opponents with brute strength. His Richmond profile lists him at 105kg right now and Charlie Dixon's profile on the Port Adelaide website lists him at 107kg. CCJ is 1cm taller so perhaps 108kg would be the absolute optimal weight for him as a power forward and I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest a 22 year old could add another 2-3kg of muscle to his frame over the next few years. Tom Lynch's Richmond profile lists him at 199cm & 98kg for anyone that's interested.

I have seen your trade board and plenty of supporters think CCJ is worth a first round pick and that you can bend us over and we will cave.

A start of second rounder is fair. Agree rucks take longer to develop but didn’t you guys get Nankervis for a 3rd rounder? We got Witts for a 3rd rounder so history suggests a first rounder is off the mark

As for Elijah you can have him for two first rounders. It’s called the CCJ rule of over valuing your clubs contracted players 🤪

Dont we all have them on every board ?

regarding Witts & Nank
Both players were not wanted by their clubs and put up for trade or let go due to surplus. I think Cj is well and truly a required player with a good contract for him. But most likely #19 is not far off what will eventuate.

Richmond fans can say he’s a good kid all they want. Unfortunately he made a conscious decision to go to a strip club breaking all protocols the government and AFL had set out which out the whole season at risk.

the kebab stuff afterwards. Who cares, as you said probably instigated but someone else.

the initial transgression says selfish, easily influenced.

definitely says something about his character which I think is detrimental to his value.

he’s only young so hopefully has learnt from his mistake.

Richmond fans can say he’s a good kid all they want. Unfortunately he made a conscious decision to go to a strip club breaking all protocols the government and AFL had set out which out the whole season at risk.

the kebab stuff afterwards. Who cares, as you said probably instigated but someone else.

the initial transgression says selfish, easily influenced.

definitely says something about his character which I think is detrimental to his value.

he’s only young so hopefully has learnt from his mistake.
Wow really !!

21 year old kid makes a mistake once in his entire life (career) and has been fantastic apart from that and been a leader throughout his juniors
you are a very very harsh judge. But if that line of thinking was to be taken you would not consider him at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you're right, point being I would rather overreach for one of the others with 19 than gibcus with 3

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't even mind Gibcus at 3, if JHF and Callaghan are gone, it's all even from there. Gibvus fits a great need and isn't behind any of the next few.

Wow really !!

21 year old kid makes a mistake once in his entire life (career) and has been fantastic apart from that and been a leader throughout his juniors
you are a very very harsh judge. But if that line of thinking was to be taken you would not consider him at all

I tell you what if we were to give you pick 3 would you give us CCJ and Geelongs first rounder?

I tell you what if we were to give you pick 3 would you give us CCJ and Geelongs first rounder?
I personally would do that deal at the drop of a hat , But thats mainly because the top 4-5 are standouts this year.

Not sure if you guys follow the draft or not but its looking like 5-25 you could throw a blanket over
What would you guys prefer a kid thats around the 10-15 range or Cj ?

I would rather keep the 22 year old with 4 years development thats ready to go now than a speculative pick in that range

Reports coming out of WA Freo are into Will Bodie.
Could this be the makings of a trade for Lobb? If Brodie's salary of 400k is to be believed, we'd only need to have 200-300k spare to afford Lobb.

Even if Lobb isn't involved, we'd be ecstatic just to get Brodie off our books. Free up some cash so we can offer guys like King and Luko more money to re-sign now.

I personally would do that deal at the drop of a hat , But thats mainly because the top 4-5 are standouts this year.

Not sure if you guys follow the draft or not but its looking like 5-25 you could throw a blanket over
What would you guys prefer a kid thats around the 10-15 range or Cj ?

I would rather keep the 22 year old with 4 years development thats ready to go now than a speculative pick in that range

Put it this way… Whilst the likes of Callaghan and Hobbs are around that mark. We are more in the market for Amiss, Van Rooyen so ideally I would swap 3 for 7 and 18 in Cats win the flag then trade you back 19 which will likely be 21

So basically a 4 spot upgrade for Cj ??

think thats unders

Well like you said you can throw a blanket over 5-25 and we have a pick in that range. You will have to pay overs to get 3. Suns will wait to first rounders even if it’s 7&16 for 3 & 25 Suns second rounder. Suns don’t necessarily need the best player at that point. Either way if you want 3 it’s going to be for overs

Well like you said you can throw a blanket over 5-25 and we have a pick in that range. You will have to pay overs to get 3. Suns will wait to first rounders even if it’s 7&16 for 3 & 25 Suns second rounder. Suns don’t necessarily need the best player at that point. Either way if you want 3 it’s going to be for overs
I think thats not going to happen , You mention having to pay overs for pick #3 but ignoring the suns are chasing Cj
4 pick upgrade wont happen not to even mention downgrading #16 to #25

I honestly would not want to trade him for pick #19 on its own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back