Trades 2021 Round 8 Fantasy Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha this campaigner, everyone else can do it you ******* moron.

How can you not know with absolute certainty what team you're putting on the park in 48hours?

Defies logic.

Surely they'd know even a week out what team they want to field (barring injury). AFL teams are not that big, and the best 22 barely ever change other than forced, or swapping out your worst 2 or 3.

I still have Brockman and L. Jones on my bench.

Anyone got any thoughts on when/if they might come back?

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 6.57.55 pm.png

Howdy folks. Feels nice not to have any forced changes (for now.. hahaha .. :'().

Current trade plans:
  • Gulden > RCD
  • Clark > Hall
Hopefully Rowe/Berry maintain their prices so I can get Daniels next week (playing the BE game)

I was considering trading Philips but a lot of people in my league have him, and he's not doing as badly as people think.

Thoughts??

I still have Brockman and L. Jones on my bench.

Anyone got any thoughts on when/if they might come back?

The AFL injury report had Jones at 3 - 4 weeks from memory, assuming that he then comes straight back in - which as a younger guy, he may not.

Brockman should come back in this week - they needed some pressure in the F50 last week - but that's just me...

The AFL injury report had Jones at 3 - 4 weeks from memory, assuming that he then comes straight back in - which as a younger guy, he may not.

Brockman should come back in this week - they needed some pressure in the F50 last week - but that's just me...

Jones definetely a trade. No chance we see him again byes so it'd be a hindrance holding him through that.

Jones definetely a trade. No chance we see him again byes so it'd be a hindrance holding him through that.

Agreed. As much as possible, this is the time to slightly upgrade and get your house in order for the byes - where you can completely utensil up your season in a few short weeks...

Is there any news on when Caldwell might be back, I know he was initially expected to be about 6-8 weeks? Would greatly help my bye structure if he's back around the byes.

Is there any news on when Caldwell might be back, I know he was initially expected to be about 6-8 weeks? Would greatly help my bye structure if he's back around the byes.

Good thinking!
Injury list says 2-3 weeks
Butters another option.
Then Rowell !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listen to Selby alot and he says he doesn't like double downgrading. This week gone I only had kozi and butts on bench playing (Flynn utility but you know that situation) so getting in hall and RCD this week but really wanna double down my bench to fill it with players. Is this a good idea?

Listen to Selby alot and he says he doesn't like double downgrading. This week gone I only had kozi and butts on bench playing (Flynn utility but you know that situation) so getting in hall and RCD this week but really wanna double down my bench to fill it with players. Is this a good idea?

Around this time, it's good to start planning for the byes - and part of that means making sure you have as many players playing as you can.

if you think just in terms of players actually playing - if you have an even split across the 3 bye weeks, you'll have a maximum of 20 to choose from. So any red dots on the bench (and I've just had Chapman added to my collection) - reduce the number of options you have to get your best 18 players. You don't have to double downgrade - but you should be trying to get as close as you can to that Rd 1 position - all green dots coming into the byes.

Also, for trading purposes, you want to upgrade players at these bye weeks. So that means you need to have players that are close to their peak in value - which takes a few weeks to reach. So around now is the time to be bringing in a fresh crop of rookies - if you can pick the right ones that will stay in and climb in value in the coming weeks.

So when you want to go RCD - rookie and Warner to Super Premium - RCD is at their peak value and the cost of upgrading is at it's lowest point.

How you fix all these problems and still rise in rankings with injuries, Chris Scott and Leon Cameron to deal with is the challenge....

Good thinking!
Injury list says 2-3 weeks
Butters another option.
Then Rowell !

I was actually keeping the Butters news quiet..... Was sneaking him back in at some stage....

Does he have a podcast?

The old sell shovels at the gold rush play.
Yeah I feel like the weekly installment with him isn't really worth a heap to a lot of people in here. For those starting out though or those who don't get to watch a lot of footy, they can get some serious benefit from listening to his podcasts. Has some good insight. The other half of it is a calculator which personally I don't think is worth bothering with considering no one can predict upcoming scores. Guess some people like trying to predict price rises and falls though.

I will say his pre season info was pretty good though. Think his pre season guide was a flat fee of $25 or something. I found it really useful and think he was more on the money than not

Yeah I feel like the weekly installment with him isn't really worth a heap to a lot of people in here. For those starting out though or those who don't get to watch a lot of footy, they can get some serious benefit from listening to his podcasts. Has some good insight. The other half of it is a calculator which personally I don't think is worth bothering with considering no one can predict upcoming scores. Guess some people like trying to predict price rises and falls though.

I will say his pre season info was pretty good though. Think his pre season guide was a flat fee of $25 or something. I found it really useful and think he was more on the money than not
ahhh, so you only rent the shovels and the goldfield map is the sell. Rene Rivkin would be taking notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back