2022 captain

Remove this Banner Ad

No. The Captain of an AFL club needs to lead on the field but equally, they need to be the face and voice of the club in front of a camera. Anybody that has heard Yeo speak would understand that he is not that man. Great footy player but not that sharp between the ears is old Yeoy.

Shuey will captain next year and I think they will fast track Allen to take over in 2023. Duggan still a chance too.
Nope it’s Be prefect for McGovern keep him focused and might make him play bit more on a man

There's been much (justified) criticism of our VC, our Capt can't get on the park enough and we are all struggling to list other candidates.

But the simple fact that there's a need for this thread shows it's one of our big problems. Oh for Voss, Hird, Hodge and Cuz.

I don't think it gets changed but the player must be able to lift his side on the field in-game, there are only a few guys on our list who can do this. Shuey is one of them but he just needs to focus on his body as does Gov.
Nic is the man, JK & Hurn Vice-Captains for me.
Nic is hungry and he needs to drive this hunger for the side and not accept a lack of hunger or professionalism.

Giving it to Allen or Duggan at the moment, two guys who were close to being dropped at stages this year is unhelpful to both of them and to the club at this stage in their development. I do wish people would stop suggesting giving the captaincy to guys who are not established in their own games with the leaders we have on offer, their times will come if they continue to do the right things.

Yeo has got better but in his first couple of years instead of putting a hand up in apology when he shanked a kick he would wave his arms around and blame his team mate for not running to the right spot. that sort of mindset doesn't suggest captain to me.

Yeo has got better but in his first couple of years instead of putting a hand up in apology when he shanked a kick he would wave his arms around and blame his team mate for not running to the right spot. that sort of mindset doesn't suggest captain to me.
Yeo is ultra-competitive which is why he is so successful but his ultra-competitive approach will rub some guys up the wrong way, putting the most competitive guy as captain in the side is not necessarily going to be helpful. Berating some players will get the best out of them but it will destroy others, this is not an easy skill to master.

Not found
Yeo is ultra-competitive which is why he is so successful but his ultra-competitive approach will rub some guys up the wrong way, putting the most competitive guy as captain in the side is not necessarily going to be helpful. Berating some players will get the best out of them but it will destroy others, this is not an easy skill to master.

I think NBuckley struggled with this. Probably others too.

NicNat is the spiritual leader and face of WCE, he is enmeshed with the brand.
Time he was made a captain, speaks well, is smart and one hell of a player!
Maybe a dual captaincy NN+Shuey, to cover injuries to either?
(Or NN+Yeo, if Shuey is positioned forward or back in '22)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NicNat is the spiritual leader and face of WCE, he is enmeshed with the brand.
Time he was made a captain, speaks well, is smart and one hell of a player!
Maybe a dual captaincy NN+Shuey, to cover injuries to either?
(Or NN+Yeo, if Shuey is positioned forward or back in '22)
Our history with players and injuries once they hit 30/31 needs to be taken into account. Teams need their captain out there most weeks (obviously long-term injuries can happen, but excluding that). Constant stop-starting and change of captain due to injuries can't help.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back