Position 2022 Fantasy Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Currently 2-3-0-0 for rookie structure.

I actually like my current side atm. For the longest time I had been skipping Steele, but now I find myself with a team with Steele AND Miller.

But it all rests upon Sinn and Chesser getting to Round 1 and named, plus 2 other $190k def bench options putting their hands up.
Is that Sicily and Milera at D3 and D4, or skipping one?

I actually like my current side atm. For the longest time I had been skipping Steele, but now I find myself with a team with Steele AND Miller.

But it all rests upon Sinn and Chesser getting to Round 1 and named, plus 2 other $190k def bench options putting their hands up.
Had not considered picking Sinn and Chesser. Really fixes that shitty F6 spot though. :think:

Currently have the same rookie structure - although have gone for Steele and Titch as the big dogs.

I'm just hedging my bets at the moment. D5-D8 for me is Kemp, Sinn, Chesser and Noddy. Should be enough cash there to swing changes should none (or only a few) of them be named round one.

Is that Sicily and Milera at D3 and D4, or skipping one?
Whitfield, Hewett, Sicily, Milera, Sinn, Chesser (Dean/Boyd).

It's a really weak line. But value. And at the moment I don't see a lot of top scoring potential in defense so I'm sort of content to spend very little there.

Had not considered picking Sinn and Chesser. Really fixes that shitty F6 spot though. :think:

If they both look as good as they sound in the preseason games then I think I'll happily take them both round 1.

The risk is going to be come round 3 or 4 though if they start getting rested due to covid impacted years last year?

Is say Lloyd, Whitfield, Sicily, Milera, Sinn, Chesser too weak? I duno. Feels ok if the 2 mid pricers go ok, but the rookies still feel shakey JS wise. Would feel better about it if O’Driscoll looks good as a bench guy and can come on the field when needed

Is say Lloyd, Whitfield, Sicily, Milera, Sinn, Chesser too weak? I duno. Feels ok if the 2 mid pricers go ok, but the rookies still feel shakey JS wise. Would feel better about it if O’Driscoll looks good as a bench guy and can come on the field when needed
IMO it's not too weak. I have Whit at D1 right now. If we get all of Sinn, Chesser, Dean, O'Driscoll + any other random who pops up, we will be absolutely laughing and can go 2 rookies on field. Really helps sort out the forward line

Whitfield, Hewett, Sicily, Milera, Sinn, Chesser (Dean/Boyd).

It's a really weak line. But value. And at the moment I don't see a lot of top scoring potential in defense so I'm sort of content to spend very little there.

If they both look as good as they sound in the preseason games then I think I'll happily take them both round 1.

The risk is going to be come round 3 or 4 though if they start getting rested due to covid impacted years last year?
I have Dawson instead of Hewett and Lloyd instead of Chesser.

I had Hall originally but doesn't seem in form and then injured, so downgraded to Lloyd but really not feeling that pick. Lloyd to Sinn/Chesser (whichever I'm not currently fielding) allows a genuine premo mid instead of Neale and a F6 upgrade to 600-700k player with Phillips sliding down to 6.

I had Hall originally but doesn't seem in form and then injured, so downgraded to Lloyd but really not feeling that pick. Lloyd to Sinn/Chesser (whichever I'm not currently fielding) allows a genuine premo mid instead of Neale and a F6 upgrade to 600-700k player with Phillips sliding down to 6.
Curious on the comment re Hals form? I agree the hamstring injury creates concern and him down to Dawson a move I’m looking at. But where is the form line concern coming from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maynard in mids looks to be a thing again

Doesn’t fill me with confidence it’s a big enough split to risk him as a starting puck though

Maynard in mids looks to be a thing again

Doesn’t fill me with confidence it’s a big enough split to risk him as a starting puck though

Yep - this para confirms as much:

“The one thing we know about Maynard ... he is a real competitor, but he is a quality half-back flanker, so we are not going to throw it all out at once. But there will be opportunities to give guys a run through there. Primarily, he is still a defender, but he is a real bull and a good decision-maker,” Bolton said.

“The one thing we know about Maynard ... he is a real competitor, but he is a quality half-back flanker, so we are not going to throw it all out at once. But there will be opportunities to give guys a run through there. Primarily, he is still a defender, but he is a real bull and a good decision-maker,” Bolton said.
campaigners

Yeah this is where I'm at.

Whitfield + Lloyd just doesn't look right and it has a massive knock-on effect downgrading 3-5players elsewhere.
2x rooks in defense lets me cull all the "almost there" premos for actual premos.

Curious on the comment re Hals form? I agree the hamstring injury creates concern and him down to Dawson a move I’m looking at. But where is the form line concern coming from?
I did hear on the plussix podcast he didn't look particularly good in the game before his hamstring injury.

Lots of fumbles and looking rather sluggish.

I still don't understand modern football.

Weening their dependence off Adams by playing him forward...

Comes after Fagan quoted as saying they'd play Neale wing/fwd and Lyons fwd for stints to decrease their dependence on them...

Coniglio/Taranto in forward line for GWS....

Fyfe up forward for Fremantle.

Even word of Hawthorn giving more opportunities to the youth and therefore give stints to Titch forward....

Why bother having gun midfielders if you're goal is to just ship them off to another position and keep them quiet!?

Sounds like Pendles, Crisp, Maynard 3 man rotation with 1 in the mids and 2 back at all times.

Nowhere near enough of a split to pick Maynard on.. still likely to get lockdown defender jobs as Crisp, Noble, Quaynor all play loose and now Pendles thrown in the mix who will play loose as well.

Crisp still interests me. Close to max price but could see an uptick with slightly more mid time. Paying the extra 60k over Whit would be an investment in durability which will be key this year.

Sam Docherty (conditioning)

Docherty continues to build his training loads in the skills program. He is a chance to play against Melbourne next Thursday: however, the main focus is being ready for around the start of the season.

If Chesser/O'driscoll don't make it the cupboard starts looking pretty bare for a field worthy D6. He could become an option, albeit a pricey one for the spot
Currently running Minge and Milera at D5 & D6, looks like they have the wing roles, should score similarly. Sinn and Dean on the bench with O'Driscoll on the mid bench to swing with Hewett and Sinn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back