2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckon we might be trying to force WC hand and get them to trade up to 5.
I can see this ending in disaster for us.
Love the bolded bit - expect the worst and you are never dis-appointed!

If we are trying to engineer a slide it's surely for Hollands? If no-one bites what do we do? Take him at 5? Guess it depends on what assurances (if any) have been given.

Love the bolded bit - expect the worst and you are never dis-appointed!

If we are trying to engineer a slide it's surely for Hollands? If no-one bites what do we do? Take him at 5? Guess it depends on what assurances (if any) have been given.
I've been lead to believe we are 50/50 on Ginbey and Humphrey, so if we are sliding back I'd assume the club believes Humphrey would be there at pick 9 (10 after Ashcroft bid)

We wouldn't trade back in hope to still get Humphrey. If we want him we take him at 5 it's not like the extra 2nd rounder or whatever it would be is all that important to us. Get the feeling we are Humphrey unless essendon take him then we are ginbey.

Not really. It's pretty simple for Suns. If you listen to Kall, it's pick 5 and whoever best is left on our list.

Last edited:
Really don't get why we kept Tsitas. Hard worker and good dude but we aren't really short of those types these days. Would have preferred an extra mature rookie with AFL potential.

Has to be b/c he is a known quantity for off-field stuff and playing VFL. Probably as a standard setter for training and getting the most out of what you have. And you probably can't have a cheaper player (rookie list, with match payments?) and he lives on the GC now. Bring in a mature rookie from inter-state for a 1 year contract? No guarantees there.

Sounds like we are already going to bring in at least 2 mature rookies or SSP picks (including Anderson who looks a shoe-in). How many more do we want?

I just don’t see this draft as that important to us.

It just seems much more even and drops off pretty quickly. It is a midfielders draft, more so even than other years.

There are a number of players around our pick and they’re all fine by me for different reasons. If we miss out on a player, take the next best available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With pick 6, gc select mattheus Philippou. Lol. Imagine his face.

If that were to happen.....it would be a severe case of dereliction of duty on our part....but apart from that, the AFL is a National Competition, and it's about time the AFL stood up and put the kybosh on 18yo kids being able to influence where they would like to start their career.....
And maybe, just maybe, ...one of the ways to do that, would be to let them experience the "real world" prior to nominating for the Draft.......just sayin'

If that were to happen.....it would be a severe case of dereliction of duty on our part....but apart from that, the AFL is a National Competition, and it's about time the AFL stood up and put the kybosh on 18yo kids being able to influence where they would like to start their career.....
And maybe, just maybe, ...one of the ways to do that, would be to let them experience the "real world" prior to nominating for the Draft.......just sayin'
I can see what’s so polarising about his personality.

I imagine those very successful AFL players and clubs are intrinsically driven by achieving success for each other.

Seems like he is driven by wanting to be seen and be famous.

I can see him becoming a good player, but I’m not sure this approach will ever be about the team.

You just know he will have zero respect for our team and players

I wish him all the worst of luck!

Had another interview with the suns this morning

Honestly whoever we take will be best available in the eyes of the recruiters.

Already got a few players in Jhye Clark mould but if he’s best available, I’ll get around it.

I can see Ginbey & Humphrey play straight away tho

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back