2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Facebook

Pick Swap with the Crows. This is what it means
👇

✅
We receive: Adelaide's current pick 79, Adelaide's future 2nd round and Collingwood's future 3rd round pick
❎
SUNS send: Our current pick 43, our future 2nd round and Geelong's future third round pick
ED1510ED-2A02-4E2A-9865-E71C52982028.jpeg

Wonder how many pints this may equal.
Hopefully it’s a net gain for 2023 and not a loss!
If I read this right:

We traded our future second rounder for Adelaide’s future second, so we just need to finish above them and it’s a win.

And we traded our future 3rd rounder (tied to Geelong) for the Crows’ future 3rd rounder (tied to Collingwood). So if Geelong finish above Collingwood it’s a win.

We obviously lost points this year though, but we didn’t really care that much I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

saving the list spot to promote moyle & faulkhead, then perhaps still pick up someone like anderson/blakely on rookie list?

Don’t need to promote Faulkhead just yet. They get two years on the rookie list before promotion

If I read this right:

We traded our future second rounder for Adelaide’s future second, so we just need to finish above them and it’s a win.

And we traded our future 3rd rounder (tied to Geelong) for the Crows’ future 3rd rounder (tied to Collingwood). So if Geelong finish above Collingwood it’s a win.

We obviously lost points this year though, but we didn’t really care that much I guess.
Let’s say those clubs finish
Geelong 1st
Collingwood 5th
Suns 9th
Crows 12th

That will net us: 677 points, equivalent of pick 45.

Not bad.

Assuming Geelong finish ahead of Collingwood, and we finish ahead of Adelaide.. I hope that happens.. wouldn’t guarantee it though..

Based on previous history I will be placing a large bet on the Crows to make the finals. When you trade with the Suns for future picks you always out perform expectations.
Usually that’s only when we trade first rounders. But yeah, it is troubling how often it has happened.

Club obviously has finals as the goal. And they’ve backed our current list in to get us there. Then we’ve gone all in on a Academy/trades next year.

I guess we wait and see who we pick up as DFAs or as pre-season supplements, but it hasn’t been the most exciting off-season.

Usually that’s only when we trade first rounders. But yeah, it is troubling how often it has happened.

Club obviously has finals as the goal. And they’ve backed our current list in to get us there. Then we’ve gone all in on a Academy/trades next year.

I guess we wait and see who we pick up as DFAs or as pre-season supplements, but it hasn’t been the most exciting off-season.

Freo and Collingwood both made finals last year and we swapped 2nd rounders

Freo and Collingwood both made finals last year and we swapped 2nd rounders

Freo were probably on the up anyway, so that was a risky swap to begin with. Collingwood were the surprise risers, but they probably drastically underperformed in 2021 and reached quite a bit in 2022. We were likely expecting bottom half of the ladder with that one.

But I’m sure a bit of Suns pick swap luck helped immensely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back