2024 Off-Topic Chat Thread - time for a title update šŸ˜

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it like an endless backlog or just 2021?

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely look what I can up.

There's not an endless tap of the past seasons, I haven't figured out how far back it goes. Certainly 2017, but the "Shows" includes some key matches. I've been able to dig back and watch the 2009 and 2011 GFs for sure, lots of fun. Also the 1989 GF with GA on fire, but didn't work out our way.

Anastasia Palache quick to reduce stress on her states testing system but happy to continue screwing over other states? Selfish, Selfish behaviour. Entry should be on negative RAT test leaving PCR testing for symptomatic testing.

Holy hell how bad is the English cricket side? I have missed day 1 of all 3 tests so far but intended to catch up, then when I've checked the score it just hasn't seemed worth the bother.
But how good was Scott Boland in his first test getting 6 for 7, and the Mullagh Medal for best player.

You want some recommendations?

Is it like an endless backlog or just 2021?

If former- I'd watch 1999 Round 1 v North. One of the best games, period.
1994 finals series is a must, bar the big dance obviously.
1995 v Essendon at the G, I think we came back from 5 goals down, great match.
2012 v Hawks. Hawkins on the siren FTW

That was such a rollercoaster of emotions that game

The first half was such a high and the Hawks fans sitting behind had conceded defeat by quarter time

They then started getting their hopes up in the second half and could taste victory in the last quarter, while us few Cats fans in the row I was sitting were like "f*** this"

And then we know what happened

The best thing was that all fans in that section watched the match with the right intent, there was good natured banter back & forth during the match and no lines crossed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I havent even seen the 89 GF right thru and i dont wanna.

You should. It's a truly great game of football.
Pity the end result never changes but as they say, was really the last gladiator style of footy.
Always boggles the mind what may have occurred if the game went for 2 minutes longer. Some say we get it down to the forward line while others believe Hawthorn were never really in any danger of letting it slip.

Is this is a case of insider knowledge or just the perfect prediction...

The following tweet is from Dec 23, and it wasn't until Christmas Day that Boland's inclusion was confirmed

There's a few replies to the following whom would appear to have egg on their faces

Is this is a case of insider knowledge or just the perfect prediction...

The following tweet is from Dec 23, and it wasn't until Christmas Day that Boland's inclusion was confirmed

There's a few replies to the following whom would appear to have egg on their faces

Kerry O'Keefe suggested it as a possibility earlier again, during his commentary on the Adelaide Test; the other commentators didn't rubbish him out of hand, but they were at the best highly sceptical.

[1989 GF]
Pity the end result never changes but as they say, was really the last gladiator style of footy.

Interesting observation, because I was thinking "damn, this is kinda brutal."

20 years ahead of his time. Could see then how the woke *******s were ruining the world.

Legend. Heā€™s not wrong. Grateful the anti white agenda hasnā€™t taken off like it has in the usa. White kids have had to resort to listing a different race in college applications so it doesnā€™t get thrown in the bin. Everything is about race. What happened to MLKā€™s ā€œi have a dreamā€ speech, where he wanted his kids to be judged by their character, and not the colour of their skin. Itā€™s the exact opposite over there now. There are now african american groups wanting segregation, after fighting against it for a few hundred years. Madness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back