Resource 2022 AFLW Draft Order

AFLW Resource

Remove this Banner Ad

As with the provisional draft orders that I maintain for the AFL Draft, this spreadsheet will update automatically during the season.

Throughout the season I will try to post a screenshot at the end of each round (for posterity and in case anything breaks), and once list build packages and any priority picks are announced it will be updated to reflect those additions.

During the trade period I will try and keep it as up to date as possible when picks change hands, but I am one person so please be patient. :)

Threadmarks will be added to each update. This allows you to put the thread in reader mode, only seeing updates without the chatter in between, or to jump back and forth to particular trades or other updates that might be of interest. To access this feature please use the button at the top right corner of the thread.

Tag me if you notice anything that isn't quite right!

4 new teams coming in before the next draft so picks will slide fourth back
Yep they'll be added in once they've been announced. It's going to change a lot before we get to the actual draft I think!

Yep they'll be added in once they've been announced. It's going to change a lot before we get to the actual draft I think!
The expansion teams will split the first 8 picks so the wooden spoon team this year will start with pick 9

The expansion teams will split the first 8 picks so the wooden spoon team this year will start with pick 9
Ah, awesome. I could put placeholders in I guess. It's kind of tricky without knowing which team is which though, either I put them all as 'expansion side' picks (which would look weird on the summary tab as it would have 4x as many picks as any proper club) or I can number them with a guesstimate, so side 1 gets picks 1, 8, 23, 41, side 2 gets picks 2, 7, 24, 42 etc. That might be misleading though. 🤔

Ah, awesome. I could put placeholders in I guess. It's kind of tricky without knowing which team is which though, either I put them all as 'expansion side' picks (which would look weird on the summary tab as it would have 4x as many picks as any proper club) or I can number them with a guesstimate, so side 1 gets picks 1, 8, 23, 41, side 2 gets picks 2, 7, 24, 42 etc. That might be misleading though. 🤔
Have split the difference, they're marked in the national order and the numbering is correct in the national order, but the picks are absent from the state orders and not in the summary page, though those teams are listed...

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Have split the difference, they're marked in the national order and the numbering is correct in the national order, but the picks are absent from the state orders and not in the summary page, though those teams are listed...
Roberts best player in Australia will go to West Coast but will go in teens.

Round 1, 2022
Round 1, 2022
Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 16.19.53.png

There we go. Couple of teething problems with the live updates but should be good now.

IN!

Also, can you please make me an automatic in for all of these sorts of threads from now on please Lore or the right mods?

Cheers.
As in all the AFLW threads?

All the AFLW Draft and draft order threads.
Ah. The only way I can do that is if all the interested folk are following a particular thread then I can copy the watchers over to a new thread that is similar in topic to the old one. But it’s a batch operation so I can’t pick and choose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Ah. The only way I can do that is if all the interested folk are following a particular thread then I can copy the watchers over to a new thread that is similar in topic to the old one. But it’s a batch operation so I can’t pick and choose.

Oh!

Damn!

That explanation makes sense and not something I've thought of.

Anyway, back to the thread.

Round 2, 2022
Round 3, 2022
Round 3, 2022
Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 20.55.12.png

Added the points/points rank section which is based on the (flawed) AFL bid matching system that assigns a points value to each pick.

Two reasons: Firstly because I wanted to put the date on it and it was easier to add a few cells to the right (clearly the main reason), and secondly because the sort order is based on these points anyway, which will come into play more once priority picks and trades go through (atm points order it's effectively the same as first round pick order anyway, but it won't be when clubs traded and have e.g. two firsts that are worth more than a single pick a little earlier in the round).

** Worth noting that the Bulldogs' round 2 and round 3 games were postponed and will be played as "additional games" later in the season due to COVID. They have therefore only completed one game for the season at the conclusion of round 3, and their opponents, Brisbane and Gold Coast, are also a game down as a result. The rest of the league have finished 3 games.

Last edited:
Round 4, 2022
Round 4, 2022
Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 19.16.31.png

Due to COVID interruptions, number of completed games:

Completed 4 games: Adelaide, Fremantle, Melbourne, Kangaroos, Collingwood, GWS, Richmond, Carlton, Geelong
Completed 3 games: Brisbane Lions, Gold Coast, West Coast, St Kilda
Completed 2 games: Western Bulldogs

Round 5, 2022
Round 5, 2022
Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 11.44.26.png

Brisbane, Gold Coast, GWS and St Kilda are still on 4 games, while Fremantle has completed 6. COVID really making a mess of it!

Round 6, 2022
Round 6, 2022
Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 11.56.00.png

Fremantle have completed 7 games, Brisbane, Gold Coast, GWS, Western Bulldogs and St Kilda have completed 5 games each, and the rest have finished 6 games after 6 rounds.

Round 7, 2022
Round 7, 2022

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 13.58.12.png

The games that got postponed earlier in the season due to covid have finally been played, so all clubs have now completed 7 games.

Munga

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 2, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Why aren't the new clubs receiving picks using the serpentine method as they are starting from scratch?

E.g. instead of Essendon getting Vic 1+3, and Hawthorn 2+4 (unfair on Hawthorn), Essendon should get Vic 1+4 and Hawthorn 2+3.

Why aren't the new clubs receiving picks using the serpentine method as they are starting from scratch?

E.g. instead of Essendon getting Vic 1+3, and Hawthorn 2+4 (unfair on Hawthorn), Essendon should get Vic 1+4 and Hawthorn 2+3.
The exact order isn’t decided yet, we only know that they’ll split those picks among them. Presumably a lottery to determine the order and then ye but we’ll see.

Round 10, 2022 – End of the H&A Season!

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 12.05.28.png

Picks for the bottom 8 teams are now locked in pending priority picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back