2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news about Ned re-signing. Averages 24 pressure acts per game this year which has him 15th overall in the comp. Outstanding when you look at some of the names behind him & most are full time mids with 100+ games behind them.
In that last qtr against Richmond he blocked 3 clearances by getting his hand in there. Tagged Tom Mitchell out of the game after half time when needed.
He‘s a ripper.

Last edited:
On a totally different topic, how many picks to you guys guesstimate you’ll possibly take to the draft this year?

Given the list squeeze for us, and not yet introducing Hollands, Davies or Jeffrey, I guesstimate:

1.5 picks

Feels like last year.
Put the top pick on the table, get nothing worthwhile, so trade everything else for end-of-life kpp and future picks, and just take the top 10'er to the draft.

Given the list squeeze for us, and not yet introducing Hollands, Davies or Jeffrey, I guesstimate:

1.5 picks

Feels like last year.
Put the top pick on the table, get nothing worthwhile, so trade everything else for end-of-life kpp and future picks, and just take the top 10'er to the draft.
Agree with this. Not likely to get anything we want for 5, so draft Gibsus, trade everything else out for needs and take academy kids to meet the minimum number of draftee's. Which is 2 or 3 I think.

Agree with this. Not likely to get anything we want for 5, so draft Gibsus, trade everything else out for needs and take academy kids to meet the minimum number of draftee's. Which is 2 or 3 I think.

Start of the year I had Ned Stevens, Will Bella, Jye Lockett, Austin Harris and Brodie Uwland as potential academy selections I still potentially see us taking all of those with the exception of Lockett.

So one pick then trade the rest out. This is our final year with 49 players on the list. So either this year or next we need to drop and extra 4-5 players

Start of the year I had Ned Stevens, Will Bella, Jye Lockett, Austin Harris and Brodie Uwland as potential academy selections I still potentially see us taking all of those with the exception of Lockett.

So one pick then trade the rest out. This is our final year with 49 players on the list. So either this year or next we need to drop and extra 4-5 players
Uwland and Bella the most likely imo

Who gets delisted?
Does harbrow stay on the list another year for VFL purposes?
Can we have mature players for VFL side not taking up list spots?

No harm taking academy players as long as it doesn't compromise future list spots. Really should only take the ones that have a chance of making it at AFL level though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back