2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buyer beware I reckon, if rumours are correct. Melbourne are sick of his lifestyle habits maybe.
i would of taken De Goey last off season, paid off in the end.. career best year and premiership player.

dont care bout this drug ban from Oliver, if we don't someone else will.

i would of taken De Goey last off season, paid off in the end.. career best year and premiership player.

Yeah, Jordy has had a great year, and finals series.
If a club can sort out his issues, then Clarry is an elite player clearly. A wake up call just is needed.

We are just too nice as a club - only hope Dimma can remove all the polish and sweetness and instil some evil and dirt.

I find it so interesting, the differences between certain teams.

The Dockers list manager is asking for a pick in the early teens for an uncontracted Liam Henry. A guy that has showed next to nothing apart from the last 10 or so games of his three year career.

Where as the suns Are more than happy to let I contracted Elijah Hollands explore his options and the consensus seem to be a future second from Carlton around pick 35 will get the job done.

Is it just me or do we need to harden up and play a little bit more hardball in this space?

I think the difference is, Freo didn't want to lose Henry where as we are indifferent if Hollands leaves, we have played plenty of hardball in the past to varying degrees, (O'Meara, Martin) and had both positive and negative outcomes.
Fair point, as I understand it mid season Freo fans wanted him delisted. Also the only reason he went pick 9 was Carlton bid on him otherwise he was seen as a late teens pick.

Regardless of whether we want him we still should be trying to maximise his value IMO

The Dockers list manager is asking for a pick in the early teens for an uncontracted Liam Henry. A guy that has showed next to nothing apart from the last 10 or so games of his three year career.

Where as the suns Are more than happy to let I contracted Elijah Hollands explore his options and the consensus seem to be a future second from Carlton around pick 35 will get the job done.

Is it just me or do we need to harden up and play a little bit more hardball in this space?
Henry was bloody impressive in some games this year. He could take off next year (possibly like Bobby Hill). Freo wanted him to stay. Look at how Freo handled Acres last year and what they got for him. I guess it depends on player, future list plans, cap, coach.

Hollands would never be available if Dimma wanted him.

Surprisingly to me Dimma seems to like Sharp (last year we stood ground on him). This year we get chips if he leaves.

Last edited:
Hawthorn will make some moves and should come out of the trade stronger, starting with Chol (a proven goal kicker and actual threat).

Cool…

Good play by them, as it makes them better. But now the team two wins below us will have natural growth of young players, plus some key inclusions to try and jump up.

Well Henry ended the season as a best 22 player. Hollands came in and showed he wasn't best 22.

You are basically trying to get a high draft pick based on pedigree and not performance.

For pick 35 I would just keep him and either he turns it around or goes for nothing next year. Pick 35 is pretty much nothing so it comes down to whether he is worth a list spot which I would say yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn will make some moves and should come out of the trade stronger, starting with Chol (a proven goal kicker and actual threat).

Cool…

Good play by them, as it makes them better. But now the team two wins below us will have natural growth of young players, plus some key inclusions to try and jump up.
Chol's really not that good though. Gives minimum effort most of the time.

Disagree. He is good enough. 40 goals in a middling team is solid return in 2022.

Has his faults, which you point out. Doesn’t mean he is no good though. Lots of teams would take about two goals a game from a forward/ruck combo.

I’m not saying Chol makes them a finals team. But he improved our team when we needed a key forward/ruck. I imagine he can do the same for Hawks.

Disagree. He is good enough. 40 goals in a middling team is solid return in 2022.

Has his faults, which you point out. Doesn’t mean he is no good though. Lots of teams would take about two goals a game from a forward/ruck combo.

I’m not saying Chol makes them a finals team. But he improved our team when we needed a key forward/ruck. I imagine he can do the same for Hawks.
He's got talent for sure. if he's motivated he'll do well. Just can't forget the lack of effort so many times.

Sad to see Chol go but we got his best career year so take that.

Hopefully get a decent return for him, the Marc Lock curse continues.

O’Meara Hanley Chol

I do not understand why we don’t just hold on to Chol for another 12 months for when Levi retires and we’ve seen how far away Walter is, but it is what it is.

It’s going to be fun riding the ups and downs of ‘why did GC get rid of him’ one week to ‘why did Hawthorn give anything for him’ the next. Let’s hope it’s the latter when we play them.

Hopefully Walter is everything advertised.

I do not understand why we don’t just hold on to Chol for another 12 months for when Levi retires and we’ve seen how far away Walter is, but it is what it is.

It’s going to be fun riding the ups and downs of ‘why did GC get rid of him’ one week to ‘why did Hawthorn give anything for him’ the next. Let’s hope it’s the latter when we play them.

Hopefully Walter is everything advertised.
We keep the old forwards who we know exactly what we will get (not much, really—especially from Day) in terms of output.

We get rid of the forwards in the age bracket we want who are better than Day.

Then rely on our draft talent like Walter/Read to one day surpass players we already had.

Walter could be anything though. Here’s hoping! :)

All in all, we now get a free pick for Chol because we picked him up as a free agent. So, winning!

Even at VFL level, he tried too many times to get cheap goals out the back. His lack of defensive pressure and his lack of actually jumping at the ball is going to be frustrating for many Hawks fans.

Saying that pick 3 or gtfo

Well hopefully they remember that he's contracted and pay a fair price given the length of that contract.

Wow. That’s risky!

Depends what the money is like. He gets 400k x 2 he is owed, plus whatever for two years.

New agreement and him making a new contracts might also means he gets the same amount of money personally, but a smaller percentage of the cap for Hawks.

But a 4 year deal should be worth an ok pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back