2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Both. Fiorini gets mentioned in the age after the Grundy deal goes down will they then make trades for Mitchell and Fiorini

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With Mitchell and Fiorini signed

I know Finlay Macrae signed 2 more years this year but surely that’s the end for him?

Only played him in the guts in the vfl now down the pecking order

With Mitchell and Fiorini signed

I know Finlay Macrae signed 2 more years this year but surely that’s the end for him?

Only played him in the guts in the vfl now down the pecking order
Or gives him more time to develop, as he is in between of too good for VFL but hasn't quite taken the step to AFL level yet.

Keep forgetting Jackson Kornberg is our VFL coach

He coached Harry Sheezel last year. Surely less of a flight risk
With the very real chance Sheezel will head to an interstate club, the crafty forward said he plans to be loyal to whoever drafts him.

“Yeah, it sits fine with me (moving interstate). I probably would prefer to stay here in Melbourne with my family because we’re so close, but I think I’m a pretty loyal person,” he added.

“If I was to go interstate I’d work really hard to give it my best shot.”
Sounds like most vic kids. Would prefer to stay in melb but would be happy to go wherever.

I agree with this. I don’t know anything about this specific player, as I haven’t followed the draft much this year.

But that is definitely where I would be drafting. Elite ball user or explosive mid/outside runner. We still have developing inside mids in Davies and Flanders, plus Hollands. Time to balance the list.

Last year we took Andrew. He was around that mark at pick 5, but filled a need. I don’t want us to just take the “best player” if they are surplus to our needs.
I’m not the biggest footy nut in the world, but I’m really excited by Alex Davies. I stand 6’2 and that kid towered over me at the markets yesterday. If he turns a corner this year from kid to man, watch out!!! #BeastMode

I’m not the biggest footy nut in the world, but I’m really excited by Alex Davies. I stand 6’2 and that kid towered over me at the markets yesterday. If he turns a corner this year from kid to man, watch out!!! #BeastMode
I’ve always had really high hopes for Alex. One of the reasons Bowes and Fiorini are now expendable and no longer best 22. Even though he is far from the finished product, you can see the weapons he has that those two lack.

I absolutely did not agree with the amount of games he got last year, but Alex did at least show some sort of ability to find the goals on occasion and hone his craft outside of the guts (a tiny bit), which I think will ultimately do wonders for him. The more guys we have who can play forward of the ball when not in the middle the better.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back