AFLW 2023 AFLW Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

This year's fixture is out.

Away Showdown at Norwood to start the season.

Home games against Brisbane, Geelong, Sydney, Gold Coast and GWS.

Away games against St Kilda, West Coast, North Melbourne and Hawthorn.

Adelaide & Brisbane is an absolutely barbaric start to the season. That’s 2 of the best 3 teams in the comp.

I’m glad we got 3 games in Melbourne for me but Sunday’s are a bit inconvenient as I may have to work.

Our only win last season came against Sydney at home, so we should have them covered again. But St Kilda and Hawthorn are both winnable games, we would have beaten them both last year if we kicked straight against Hawthorn and if Gemma Houghton’s goal that was incorrectly called a behind was given against St Kilda.

Depending on how much we’ve improved, I’d say Geelong, West Coast, Gold Coast and GWS are winnable too, but I expect to win at least 3 games this season.

Very similar set of opponents to last season.

So ...

Teams we've played both seasons - Adelaide, SUNS, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, St Kilda, Sydney, West Coast

Teams we've played one season - Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, GWS, Geelong, Western Bulldogs

Teams we still haven't played - Collingwood, Fremantle, Melbourne, Richmond

No Essendon just doesn't seem right. They should be a measuring stick for us and it sucks we miss out on them.

Also that first two rounds is just brutal - seems like terrible booking.

Also lol at going two entire seasons without playing 4 teams. This needs to be a 17 round season asap.

With the Power in the finals this year the AFLW interest levels may not be as high as in 2022 when there was no Power involvement come September. Then again the Power might exit in straight sets.

Hopefully this year's Power v Hawthorn game is a better standard than the corresponding game last year, that was possibly the worst standard of Aussie Rules that I have ever seen. I reckon a schoolboys U10 game would have been easier to watch. Good luck to the girls though, hopefully the extra preseason and more time to prepare will lift the girls.

The AFL have been pretty slack in moving to a women's comp. They are either going to have a women's comp or they not going to have one. The comp still feels like it is at the exhibition stage and they really need to sort out their programming and stage a full round of matches. You wonder how long it will take before we see Port v Collingwood in the AFLW.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back