Toast 2023 GWS BF Board Member of the Year - all done!

Who do you vote as the GWS BF Board MotY for 2023?

• PMBangers

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Giant Strides

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, thanks everyone for their thoughts, and for the extra nomination. I agree that PMBangers always value adds to the board with his draft knowledge.

Maybe because it was an "up" year, but it felt like a lot of good contributions and insights from many members this year. Lots of new posters and a few reviving dormant accounts.
And I agree with BarryAglett that there were lots of great contributions, and some new posters this year to add to the board.

But for this poll, a straight shootout, PMB v GS.

Voting is open, will close on Sunday 17th December!

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Now that the 2023 draft is done, time to turn our attention to the last formal requirement on the board for this year, as we start to get excited about pre-Christmas pre-season training.

Like most club boards on BF, the GWS Board has a "Member of the Year" (sometimes known as "Poster of the Year") badge to award.

MotY.png

Given that we're a young club, there's not too many of these that have been handed out to date. While we are small in number on this board, I do believe that we have some quality posters, and generally have sound, collegial discussions on topics of interest. We have some who focus on this board, others who post heavily on the main board or the D&T board, draft experts, podcasters, and others who are just passionate about the Giants. There's no specific criteria other than someone who is a Giants' poster (or one of our dual citizens who posts heavily in the GWS board) whom you believe has contributed significantly to the discussion and positive vibe on the GWS BF Board over the past year.

I am seeking nominations, which I'll take until next Sunday night (5pm) 3 December, after which I'll set up a voting poll for another week to select the winner. Posters can only nominate one other poster (and cannot nominate themselves). I can also nominate someone whom I think is deserving. Once voting opens, posters will only be able to vote once, and it's a simple winner take all.

Please nominate in this thread, and I'll take it from there.

Thanks everyone.

If there was ever a worthy nomination for Board Member of the Year it was for the one and only - Giant Strides

Contributed significantly is an understatement with last count 91 threads started in 2023 (might even be over 100 threads) from previews, reviews, MVP's, player welcomes, list management thread etc

Even to add some excitement even squeezes time in with tipping comps

GS completes a GIANT amount of work week in week out, with no fuss, or reward. Completes just to keep things ticking over for the love of the Club

He completes the Mod job as a volunteer in which he does a brilliant job, no amount of thank you's would be enough for the work he does (not that he asks) and not only would be a worthy winner of this Award but would be up there for Mod of the Year (BF) as well

So this year GS please accept my nomination and THANK YOU for the work you do !

If there was ever a worthy nomination for Board Member of the Year it was for the one and only - Giant Strides

Contributed significantly is an understatement with last count 91 threads started in 2023 (might even be over 100 threads) from previews, reviews, MVP's, player welcomes, list management thread etc

Even to add some excitement even squeezes time in with tipping comps

GS completes a GIANT amount of work week in week out, with no fuss, or reward. Completes just to keep things ticking over for the love of the Club

He completes the Mod job as a volunteer in which he does a brilliant job, no amount of thank you's would be enough for the work he does (not that he asks) and not only would be a worthy winner of this Award but would be up there for Mod of the Year (BF) as well

Seconded

Thank you for your kind words Callums_Guns. There are plenty of contributors who add a great deal to this site - including yourself - and I just try to keep it running in a way that welcomes everyone's input. What I absolutely love is that we don't have too much friction on the board, despite people being very passionate and having different views.

I will accept your nomination this year.

Is there anyone else whom posters want to put up?

If not, I'll have to make the vote a yes or no on the sole nomination (to be fair!).

I’d like to nominate PMBangers

He gives us the greatest insight in draft talent, and has now become the premier source of talent evaluation for Big Footy!

A valuable contributor to this Board 🙂👍
Much appreciated, though I do agree it's time Giant Strides gets the nod

Voting closed yesterday, and I'd like to thank everyone for their votes, with the result ending in my favour. I am humbled by your support; thank you. And thanks to PMBangers for everything you do on this board and the main board under the GWS flag. I know you don't do it for the plaudits, and we all appreciate your words of wisdom on list and draft matters.

Cheers!

Back