Game Day 2024 Fantasy Round 10 Discussion - Indigenous Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sweet trade will be one of those referred back to over the years as an all time howler

It's pretty funny how badly one guy has screwed so many teams

I'm allowed to laugh cos I'm one of them (my team was probably screwed before that but gives me a cool excuse)
Its almost as good as the Mills trade in last year for his 3. Lucky me I did both :cool:

The Sweet trade will be one of those referred back to over the years as an all time howler

I'm allowed to laugh cos I'm one of them (my team was probably screwed before that but gives me a cool excuse)
So good to be part of history … like COVID.

View attachment 1991488
Officially my worst bench in my history of playing fantasy all 8 will be red dots

This is after trades too, I managed to scrape 22 on field, hoping for no subs
In fairness, Hastie, Drury and Reidy have no place in any fantasy side.

Why though? If you had Sweet at R2 last week you knew that was a problem that needed fixing. Those who could go up largely did while those who couldn't either improvised with a Meek or Goldstein or held Sweet with a plan revolving around fixing that up this week.

Why though? If you had Sweet at R2 last week you knew that was a problem that needed fixing. Those who could go up largely did while those who couldn't either improvised with a Meek or Goldstein or held Sweet with a plan revolving around fixing that up this week.
Yeah, didn't see it as all that bad - as you say, at least we had time and opportunity to remedy it. There was one last year that worse in my experience - think it was F.Witts pulling out pre-game and a made scramble ensued as he was possible 3rd banana after English and Romo at the time.

That 180 is in my mind lol. He is the biggest seagull right now in his HB role. He is playing a team they will smash and wont be close so should have plenty of chip kick at end of game. But most importantly he demands tge ball and gets it due to players respecting his play. Worse case he scores 110 and is a little off. I think worth the risk.
Worst case he is subbed off and managed......

The thing is that it made sense, ride possible cash gen and up him to a fallen ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Somehow I did Grundy to Sweet and last week bought in English to cover Sweet being out. Sweet is still on my bench. Somehow has worked in my favour, I’ve jumped up the ranking drastically. Not sure what would’ve happened if I never bought him in 😂

View attachment 1991488
Officially my worst bench in my history of playing fantasy all 8 will be red dots

This is after trades too, I managed to scrape 22 on field, hoping for no subs
Jhye Clark is the lifeforce keeping my bench from collapsing.

Yeah, didn't see it as all that bad - as you say, at least we had time and opportunity to remedy it. There was one last year that worse in my experience - think it was F.Witts pulling out pre-game and a made scramble ensued as he was possible 3rd banana after English and Romo at the time.
Three words - Luke. Davies. Uniacke.

Because alot of people did Marshall to Sweet. However way you swing it that's a disaster

I traded Grundy and that's been bad enough, have Jackson swinging in to R2 so still have Sweet sitting at R3 doing f all

Because alot of people did Marshall to Sweet. However way you swing it that's a disaster

I traded Grundy and that's been bad enough, have Jackson swinging in to R2 so still have Sweet sitting at R3 doing f all
Went Xerri to Sweet. At least X was kind enough to flop when Sweet missed.
Got English as a Band-Aid / turned Sweet into a 0% bearing account.

I started grundy & xerri r1 & r2
Traded grundy round 6 at his bye to roma. Grundy looked cooked anyway.
Managed to get roma for his next 2 sub 100 scores. Roma looked injured and playing poor.
Traded roma to sweet. Roma goes bang, sweet turned sour. Covered last week by getting English and moving sweet to R3 and here we are

If only i held grundy lol

So Simpkin out, and Bergman in.

Sheezel isn't going back into the backline for McKercher.
McKercher, Hardeman, Archer out. That is a lot of defenders out. And Simpkin was out last week too. It's Phillips thats out this week.

Biggest problem with the game for fantasy scoring now is everyone trying to get to the other side as quickly as possible so almost everyone going long and not messing with the short kick stuff mids used to thrive for scoring. Last week was perfect example with sheezal being open soo many times but the north player just kicked alot further than him. Every team is adopting this game plan now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back