Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 10 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ae1a547bc9263b2f2987a6e047245b7f.jpg

I wanna cook

My early thoughts…

Finally get Naicos in and Crispy has thrived being back in a midfield role…. The Pies will do well to keep him there for the next little bit.

IMG_2250.jpeg

52nd overall, looking at two options this week:

Sane option:
Graham > rookie
Reid > Merrett

Merrett playing North and Richmond in next two, can see two 130+ scores incoming. Gets rid of a dead rookie and is a clear 40-50 point upgrade on my current team.

Insane option:
Xerri > Marshall
Fyfe > Ed Richards

Richards coming off of a 140, playing full time mid for multiple weeks in a row, Libba not coming back any time soon. Genuine potential to average 100 for the next five weeks before he is moved on in Rnd 14/15, but could also go back to scoring 70s. Marshall unlikely to ever be cheaper.

Thoughts?

Roberts is definitely out. Second player out will depend on who you want to bring in.
I'm probably gonna go Roberts up to Clarry. Sheezel/Whitfield would be to Daicos, whilst Jackson would probably be to a premo (Tom Green, Noah Anderson, Bont, etc.)

Which way we leaning?

First trade gets me 2 premo's, but its a big risk, basically depends how long until Sheezel goes back into the backline, if its within a few weeks it will backfire, but if he stays there any longer and its a great trade. ($167K left over)

trade 1.png

Second trade basically the same as the first, but going Dawson over Ryan, same players onfield for both trades. ($82k left over)

trade 2.png

3rd trade is simple, one up one down. ($216K left over)

trade 3.png

Sane option:
Graham > rookie
Reid > Merrett

Merrett playing North and Richmond in next two, can see two 130+ scores incoming. Gets rid of a dead rookie and is a clear 40-50 point upgrade on my current team.

Insane option:
Xerri > Marshall
Fyfe > Ed Richards

Richards coming off of a 140, playing full time mid for multiple weeks in a row, Libba not coming back any time soon. Genuine potential to average 100 for the next five weeks before he is moved on in Rnd 14/15, but could also go back to scoring 70s. Marshall unlikely to ever be cheaper.

Thoughts?
I don't mind that second option at all. I suppose the question, being that high up right now, is what do you think coaches around you will do and is it too early to go a POD option like Richards? I like it though. Could be season-defining pick coming out of round 15.

Which way we leaning?

First trade gets me 2 premo's, but its a big risk, basically depends how long until Sheezel goes back into the backline, if its within a few weeks it will backfire, but if he stays there any longer and its a great trade. ($167K left over)

View attachment 1987455

Second trade basically the same as the first, but going Dawson over Ryan, same players onfield for both trades. ($82k left over)

View attachment 1987458

3rd trade is simple, one up one down. ($216K left over)

View attachment 1987459
I prefer #3 there

This week I'm set on Roberts to Oliver, which leaves me 630k that I'll probably use to replace Graham assuming he isn't named. I'm just short of Wardlaw who I was considering. Who else might be a good option to replace Graham at M8/D6?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, we have 2 more weeks before the byes kick in. What is everyone's plan for the bye rounds? I have a radical plan-some might say crazy even-however they called me crazy for going Sheezel to Daicos this week...

Also, we have 2 more weeks before the byes kick in. What is everyone's plan for the bye rounds? I have a radical plan-some might say crazy even-however they called me crazy for going Sheezel to Daicos this week...

I’m targeting players in the Round 13 bye. Ie Power and Freo.

Sweet should be over his Covid
Serong is Premo
Butters is Premo

Sheezel to any premo?
Or something boring like removing a red dot and going Graham to Joe Richards or Reville?

I don't mind that second option at all. I suppose the question, being that high up right now, is what do you think coaches around you will do and is it too early to go a POD option like Richards? I like it though. Could be season-defining pick coming out of round 15.
I'm actually leaning towards that option as well, mostly because I'm still happy to field all three of those rooks.

I'm iffy on selling Fyfe though, he is so important for my bye structure and fwd structure, and I am also holding onto this dream scenario where he averages 100 from now until the end of the byes and vindicates me trading him in in the first place. He is also extremely unique in the Top 100 ranks, so if he does pop off (copium) I'll be zooming up the rankings. Maybe I trade out Powell rather than Fyfe, which would let me bring in Oliver rather than Richards?

Sane option:
Graham > rookie
Reid > Merrett

Insane option:
Xerri > Marshall
Fyfe > Ed Richards

Thoughts?
Hey mate, awesome rank!
Whilst being in such a good position, I would be looking to play it safe to hold rank and not bring in pods. Richards also threw up a 70 playing mids, and could again. If you have sheez I think most top coaches are moving him on before he drops all the coin with the role change. If I were you I'd consider him sideways, even to a mid via DPP. Xerri had a shocker against a hard ruckmen in Darwin, he will still average 100. But, Marshall is value and probs goes 115. If you don't have any rooks losing major cash then I tick that off personally but you've gotten this far, feel free to back yourself!

Hey mate, awesome rank!
Whilst being in such a good position, I would be looking to play it safe to hold rank and not bring in pods. Richards also threw up a 70 playing mids, and could again. If you have sheez I think most top coaches are moving him on before he drops all the coin with the role change. If I were you I'd consider him sideways, even to a mid via DPP. Xerri had a shocker against a hard ruckmen in Darwin, he will still average 100. But, Marshall is value and probs goes 115. If you don't have any rooks losing major cash then I tick that off personally but you've gotten this far, feel free to back yourself!
Thanks mate, appreciate the kind words! Not getting rid of Sheez - from what I've read he has spent a lot of the last two weeks in a Gryan Miers-esque mid/fwd role while pinching some time in the CBAs, not a chance they stick with that for the rest of the year. If (or IMO when) he moves to either full-time mid or swanning around half back he will be a Top 6 defender. I don't need the additional funds from him, my rookies are probably the best part of my team and have more than enough on their heads to help me bring in the Top 6/8 in each line. Honestly doesn't matter too much if he drops to $850k or so, I'm planning on keeping him for the rest of the year anyway.

After mulling it over for the last couple of hours I will probably go with the Merrett option. It's low risk and I know he will be a Top 8 mid so may as well get it done now

Im looking at the same thing, might go Clarry over Daicos for the value side of things though
If I wasn’t getting Naicos I wouldn’t be getting rid of Sheezel, had I already had Naicos I would be keeping Sheezel anyway.

If it backfires on me I’ll own it but I can’t afford to wait any longer for Clarko to move him back

Last edited:
DEF - Sheez, Martin, Naicos, Young, Bonner, Clohesy
MID - Merrett, Butters, Gulden, Steele, Green, Clarry, Mckercher, Sullivan
FOR - FLANDERS, HEENEY, REID, WILSON, GARCIA, JONES

and trade recommendations
Thinking reid -> fisher
have about 170k in the bank

Thinking Sheezel & MRoberts to Crisp & >948k (w/ round 12 bye)
My gut is telling me JBerry (850k [🚀]) in. And VC! The F*? 🤯🤕

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back