Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 10 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geelong were also mega restrictive. Keeping Dale, JJ and bramble etc to 40 the week before and then sheez ripped them a new one. Don't think match ups bother him very much tbh

All we can do is look at the data and play the probabilities. Data says Geelong easier to score against (generally) and Port + Essendon hard to score against overall but specifically hard for defenders.

Any one else been having a sticky beak at Laird?
  • Dream draw to his bye.
  • Coming into cuddle season when the weather turns and the contested stuff starts to increase.
  • Avg 110 over his last 3.
  • Priced at 102.
  • Only owned by 6% of the top 1k.
Could he be an alternative to make ground on the Oliver crowd if Oliver turns out to be a mini trap (ie, is still value, but can't hit a ceiling like prior years)?

View attachment 1989127

Yeah i think it's a decent play. Laird relies on CBA's to go big so only risk is if he goes back to 50-60% and averages 100.

On the flipside he gets back to 70-80%, he could average 115+ in wet weather with great fixtures as you said.

I have slightly more confidence in Brayshaw around the same price who similarly has a good run and bye.

I like fisher cause he could be a potential forward keeper, but I wonder if Trac and dawson could get forward DPP by r12

Getting really warm of Ed Richards.

• Averaging 80-90% CBA's last 2 weeks, role likely to remain
  • Libba out indefinitely, Smith out, Macrae and Sanders not preferred
  • Worst case Sanders comes however this only slightly reduce his CBA's
  • Performed really well last week, obtained coachers votes and likely to retain role
  • Will retain a high % of CBA's with so many out
  • Good opportunity to jump on with everyone reaching for Oliver, Green etc
  • Favourable round 15 bye
  • Decent ceiling wiht high tackle numbers
  • Upcoming fixtures GWS, Sydney, Brisbane, Fremantle, Collingwood is a decent
  • Bulldogs a high scoring team, 3rd highest scoring team for midfielders in the comp
  • Opportunity to be a week ahead if he goes 100+ with everyone focusing o Green, Oliver, Butters etc
  • Previous data tells us players who increase CBA % increase their average in previous seasons 10-20+ Laird, Dawson, A Brayshaw, Dunkley, Flanders...
There's certainly some negatives and risks associated with it of course! Could easily be moved to half-back but seems to be a decent risk/reward play with Mckercher out.

Helps my byes atleast 😦
Can't get peatling due to byes, so Sexton comes in.

Or I just trade sheez regardless. When Colby's back in a few he will lose the role again, and he's going to lose coin until then regardless

But think I'll just do this and hope Sexton can average 75

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240514_223108_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20240514_223108_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 34
Getting really warm of Ed Richards.

• Averaging 80-90% CBA's last 2 weeks, role likely to remain
  • Libba out indefinitely, Smith out, Macrae and Sanders not preferred
  • Worst case Sanders comes however this only slightly reduce his CBA's
  • Performed really well last week, obtained coachers votes and likely to retain role
  • Will retain a high % of CBA's with so many out
  • Good opportunity to jump on with everyone reaching for Oliver, Green etc
  • Favourable round 15 bye
  • Decent ceiling wiht high tackle numbers
  • Upcoming fixtures GWS, Sydney, Brisbane, Fremantle, Collingwood is a decent
  • Bulldogs a high scoring team, 3rd highest scoring team for midfielders in the comp
  • Opportunity to be a week ahead if he goes 100+ with everyone focusing o Green, Oliver, Butters etc
  • Previous data tells us players who increase CBA % increase their average in previous seasons 10-20+ Laird, Dawson, A Brayshaw, Dunkley, Flanders...
There's certainly some negatives and risks associated with it of course! Could easily be moved to half-back but seems to be a decent risk/reward play with Mckercher out.
He's had two easy scalps ....I want to see how Richards goes against GWS this week ....his price won't get away from us

Another to keep on your "watch" list, is Jack Crisp with a change in role ....will this role change be permanent ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An 18 YO wouldn't know the recovery time from injury
Not necessarily. Some of these kids have been in a footy 'system' for 5-8 years and are smarter than you might realise. Have a nephew coming out the end of AFL and one just coming into it. The difference in those 10 years is amazing.

He's had two easy scalps ....I want to see how Richards goes against GWS this week ....his price won't get away from us

Another to keep on your "watch" list, is Jack Crisp with a change in role ....will this role change be permanent ?
There's no one to take Richards spot at the moment whereas DeGoey and Mitchell will come back into that midfield.

How many on field players on the round 12 bye is too many?

If I do sheez to Dawson and Roberts to fish that's 5 on round 12 bye

Fisher and peatling from 2 rooks is 7 on round 12 bye

Fisher and Sexton from 2 rooks is 6 round 12 bye players.

Depends how many red dots/possible red dots you have. You need 8 on the bench so assuming you have a non playing R3 that leaves 7 bench spots to fill, which makes it very tight in case of random dropping/injury etc.

I think 5-6 is a good amount.

4 x R12 I would think is ideal ....depends on the strength of your bench too .....5 x R12 most common IMO

I wouldn't say my bench is healthy at all .....and those rookies we're looking at now, seem to have questionable JS, coming into the byes

133 so if he scores 100 then -$19k

Cheers, that makes it a little more interesting. Assumed he would have another decent drop but think he’s about bottomed out then.

Choice is, take him now while able to or after his bye which was the plan but who knows what else crops up in 2 weeks time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back