Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 10 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, do we think buying into a player on their bye is stupid?
Currently my midfield consists of no R12 players and playing my cards right I could get Green in round 12 and have him sitting on the bench (won’t be clogging as I have no R12 midfielders)
It saves the fact that potentially the week after could be carnage and I may never get the chance to buy into Green. Thoughts?
Im aware this is 2 weeks away 😂 just food for thought
Nope, even up the squad.
Depending on your current Freo and Port stocks, you might not get any r13 players (or maybe 1?) so getting r12 players is key between rounds of 10-14.
R15 get r14 bye players
R16 get whoever

Who are we thinking is the safer rookie: Richards or Reville?
Need a cash cow that will last longer than the likes of Nuyon etc.
I believe are like JS is better but I’m going Richard’s as I have Zork, Heeney and Powell (probably a trade) and need a rookie who isnt on the round 12 bye.

Currently my midfield consists of no R12 players and playing my cards right I could get Green in round 12 and have him sitting on the bench (won’t be clogging as I have no R12 midfielders)
It saves the fact that potentially the week after could be carnage and I may never get the chance to buy into Green. Thoughts?
Never even considered this. If you have absolutely no other trades to do, then sure.
During the byes last year, I copped 3 injuries and a suspension.

Can see a world where you are at Rnd 12 and you do it maybe - but planning to do it is just nuts. This far out surely you can utilise that $900k better than sitting on a bench for a week. It's arguable worth 80 more score points if better used.

Last edited:
View attachment 1989527

$79k only in the bank and NFI idea what to do. McKercher out skittles my plans which were to move on a Cadman to a rookie and upgrade Reid. FWD line is a shambles having to field Windsor, Thomas and Jones/Campbell/Cadman.

If anyone has any ideas on how to best make the most out of this crappy McKercher news, would be happy to hear it. :think:

If McK is out this week, then he has the round 12 bye… he is in the dumpster as you can’t carry him for 3 weeks.

Never even considered this. If you have absolutely no other trades to do, then sure.
During the byes last year, I copped 3 injuries and a suspension.
Can see a world where you are at Rnd 12 and you do it maybe - but planning to do it is just nuts. This far out surely you can utilise that $900k better than sitting on a bench for a week. It's arguable worth 80 more score points if better used.
Yeah I guess it all comes down to timing to be honest.
As for using the cash elsewhere I agree however, I’m going to be buying into someone with a bye anyway? R12 is the only round that I have no players in that line…
Also I would hate to miss out on green. I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing as the rookies I have left on field are Wilson, Clohsey and Sullivan (who will still be making cash) and don’t wanna upgrade any of them before their bye

Any chance s neale gets a few games. Hawkins probably back next week but cameron might be out a few. Any chance neale takes camerons spot for now?
Anyone seen shadow this year. Miss his insights.

Also, will day might become an option in fantasy soon
First year as a mid averaged 95, still young so only gonna improve. Due to his injury and coming back slow he's cheap as **** with a high be. Once he gets his match fitness and hits form I'm keen to jump on, think he can average 100

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First year as a mid averaged 95, still young so only gonna improve. Due to his injury and coming back slow he's cheap as heck with a high be. Once he gets his match fitness and hits form I'm keen to jump on, think he can average 100
Good call, am keeping an eye on him. Nearly there!

Any chance s neale gets a few games. Hawkins probably back next week but cameron might be out a few. Any chance neale takes camerons spot for now?
Anyone seen shadow this year. Miss his insights.
Shadow9 signed up under another/new account Catastrophe! but hasn't posted under that for a few weeks. Always a good contributor.
Might be off having beers with TedDougChris

First year as a mid averaged 95, still young so only gonna improve. Due to his injury and coming back slow he's cheap as heck with a high be. Once he gets his match fitness and hits form I'm keen to jump on, think he can average 100

Hawks v West Coast R16 following all the byes. Could be a nice round to bring him in.

I'm getting cold feet going sideways with Sheezel with the Mckercher out. Worth keeping this week and risking a 50k drop in price?
It all depends.
I'm holding sheez now until Colby is back so I can get 2 rooks to fish and peatling

If peatling isn't named, the only other option is Sexton which is eh. I don't like anyone else under 600k so I'd then trade sheez to whit (no ash, bulldogs) and Roberts to fish and bank 300k

I think if you can hold sheez and do the trades you want, do it. But it's okay getting off before the price goes down and we need to trade soon regardless.

Yeah I guess it all comes down to timing to be honest.
As for using the cash elsewhere I agree however, I’m going to be buying into someone with a bye anyway? R12 is the only round that I have no players in that line…
Also I would hate to miss out on green. I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing as the rookies I have left on field are Wilson, Clohsey and Sullivan (who will still be making cash) and don’t wanna upgrade any of them before their bye
Better to get him now rather than getting him FOR Round 12 - that's what I'd presumed you were saying - hence the NUTS comment. At least you have him for 10 & 11.

It all depends.
I'm holding sheez now until Colby is back so I can get 2 rooks to fish and peatling

If peatling isn't named, the only other option is Sexton which is eh. I don't like anyone else under 600k so I'd then trade sheez to whit (no ash, bulldogs) and Roberts to fish and bank 300k

I think if you can hold sheez and do the trades you want, do it. But it's okay getting off before the price goes down and we need to trade soon regardless.

Roberts to Clarry is already locked, so it's whether I go Sheezel into Serong or downgrading a bench rookie for cash generation.

I changed my mind a couple times with trades. But decided to go Sheezel to Clarry, and then hold roberts and upgraded Grundy to Marshall given he's at a low point. Will help with the rd 12 bye.

Couldn't really find anyone I wanted to trade Roberts in to with the exchange cash I had available (930k) apart from Green, but he's still dropping and has a bye round after this week. Will move Roberts on next week even if I get a bit less cash. Or maybe he, Dempsey and Reid will perform this week and i'll just hold them for coverage.

I changed my mind a couple times with trades. But decided to go Sheezel to Clarry, and then hold roberts and upgraded Grundy to Marshall given he's at a low point. Will help with the rd 12 bye.

Couldn't really find anyone I wanted to trade Roberts in to with the exchange cash I had available (930k) apart from Green, but he's still dropping and has a bye round after this week. Will move Roberts on next week even if I get a bit less cash. Or maybe he, Dempsey and Reid will perform this week and i'll just hold them for coverage.

I would reconsider - Roberts is a must trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back